The Legend Of The Lost Lagoon *UPDATE IN THE 1ST POST*

Started by DanClarke, Thu 08/04/2004 13:16:27

Previous topic - Next topic

DanClarke

*The Legend Of The Lost Lagoon Part 1: TAGLINE PENDING*

By Dan Clarke

'A classic lucas style fairytale with a twist. Gloria Lapointe is an adventurous, intelligent (and some might add overly-sarcastic) 14 year old, bored beyond belief on mundane fishing trip with her grandpa and snotty little brother. Gloria beleives her day couldn't get any worse, but series of mysterious events lead Gloria to be whisked away, and she finds herself awake on the shore of a mysterious lagoon town named 'Lamprey'a a town tangled in it's own history, and riddled with both magical and treacherous secrets....

Part one sees Gloria awake on the begiinning of her journey, on a section of Lamprey called Sealer's Shore.

Note: I'm aware of the varying resolution of the 2 shots, but they were both originally in 320x240, which is what the games final resolution will be.

Coming 2006.

UPDATE:

Due to some rather unfortunate difficulties regarding timescales, PC/Mac crossover issues and some other problems, i regret to announce that the game will miss it's May 16th launch. The main issue being that i really don't want to 'shoehorn' the game into such a short amount of time, so that the quality will suffer. You must understand that in order for me to have met that deadline, a number of elements would have been sacrificed and cut completely, which is something i'd have undoubtedly regretted.

I apologize to everyone who i've let down, and i understand if people feel frustrated, but i think it'll work out better for the game in the long run. I'm now going to be working towards a July 2006 launch, which means the game will get the polish and time it deserves.

Dan

SSH

That sprite rocks so much that we'll forgive you for not meeting the "two backgrounds" rule...  ;D

Glad to see a new good artist starting to create games with AGS... please give me a shout (or maybe I'll see you in one of the tech forums) if you need any help with scripting.

Nacho

Ah! The good feelings I had while reading your first post are confirmed! I really like the style you chose and the way you finished it! Don't hesitate to demmand for help if you need it! Good luck Dan, looks supperb and sounds interesting!  :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Pet Terry

Yay, another game about a lagoon :p

Sounds and looks excellent, keep it up :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Vel

Looks good, as I said you will have much success in making games.

Gfunkera

Wow, thats excellent! I realy like your story, seems pretty original pm me if ya' need any help!  8)

AtakeeR

Good story, character looks great, can't wait to see background art. It's going to be very good AGS game.

Darth Mandarb

Awesome!

Show us more!

More I say!!!

Off to a good start man.

Iwan

This game sounds great. Cant wait to see some backgrounds :).

Iwan

APJ

That character is really great

LordHart

The character kinda reminds me of a manga cutesy character or something. It's looking good so far, and I can't wait for the BG's. :)

DanClarke

this is the VERY first image i did for the game, sort of concept art, i wanted a dingy little fishing shop, and i wanted to get an idea of the lighting, so thats what you see. Obviously the quality isnt good enough for the game, the finished work will be sharper. Il try and get something closer to what the finished BGs will look like, based on this room.

auhsor

Vel

Dude, your 'concept art' is better than most people here's(including mine) 'final' art.

Peter Thomas

Amen, brother.

I hate people who can draw well
(not really)
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

DanClarke

lol i did't cick, but wow i'm pretty flattered, tbh i didnt think the pic was all that good! ive started work on the 'neat' version so it should be up soon enough  :D

spoofer4ever

Another Lucas Art style game woot!

I cant wait till it comes out.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DanClarke

DanClarke

OK here's some teaser info on part one:

-The 1st part will take place at night-time.

-The first person you meet in the town will be a kind elderly woman called Molly, but she'll have to be woken up first. ;) She'll be one of the people that will give you some history of the town, and give you some helpful starting info.

-You'll be required to run some errands for Molly, and these errands will make up Part One of the game. They'll be relatively easy, and just give you a chance to get to grips with the game, as well as giving you a chance to do some exploring, and meet a few of the locals.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk