October MAGS

Started by Klaus, Fri 01/10/2004 12:52:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaus

Quote from: Bigryan on Wed 20/10/2004 05:53:00
Also with mags I think it would be fun to have progress blogs.
BLOGS: You know it's always possible to edit a posting in this board. So everyone could show the progress of a game within this thread by easily editing a message.

Quote from: aussie on Tue 19/10/2004 10:21:50
... without knowing the rules for this month's MAGS ...
QUALIFICATION: Hey aussie, you caused me deep, deep trouble with your question. Actually I do not see "Abducted: 10 Minutes" as a MAGS game and you had no real deadline or guidelines as it's a separate project apart from the competition. On the other hand it fits the rules, you released it in time and made it withing one month...

WINNING WITHOUT VOTING: Special situations need special solutions. So this month we have two winners: chicken and aussie. I know that's not much of a competition but I'd say it's a way to bring it to a fair end. And you know it's not about the winning here.

FURTHER COMPETITIONS: In upcoming contests the creation of an entry must now start with (or after) the rules were set. I think that's the best way to handle this issue in future. If someone already started on a game (s)he's always welcome to post the game in the MAGS thread but just as a reference not as a regular entry.

I hope this decission is okay for eveyone. Thanks.
Congratulations to the winners.

aussie

Thanks Klaus,

Sorry about those problems I caused. Nothing further from my intention.

The fact is I didn't feel too guilty about the whole issue, because I thought I had counted myself out of the comp. It was only by chance that I saw your PM today.

Congrats to chicken, his is a quality game, and it didn't take all that long for him to put it together.

I'll PM him about the rules for next MAGS, and we'll get back to you shortly.

Ã, 
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

BlackMan890

<EDIT>
ok, a crappy idea, removed it ;)
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Please go to www.simnet.is/elinnils52 and download my non ags/adventure game :)

Chicky

I think its a crap idea. If i understand right you're saying everyone uses the same background and the same characters in the month, but only create different plots?

Look, if you cant draw the art then go to instagame. That have a lot of pemade stuff you can use.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk