MEDIA MANAGER 0.3 beta 2 2/3 (An AGS Editor Plugin)

Started by edmundito, Sun 06/02/2005 03:34:19

Previous topic - Next topic

edmundito

Hey... you thought I forgot about this plugin, right? Well, you're all wrong!!! (Actually, it had been so long I almost forgot how to program it  ;D).

Beta 2 features:
2. Added support (sort of) to Ogg Vorbis files. You need to download an external program like Winamp or a codec that can play ogg files. What the media manager will do is just open an external program to play the file. Thanks to Neccy for guiding me into the right direction!

Anyway, I've added a couple of features:
1. The ability to play, pause, and stop files!
2. Speech file descriptions will have the dialog lines, but only dialog lines from the script editor

Issues to be resolved:
1. OGG files can't be played from the AGS Editor. There seems to be some major problem with DirectX when trying to open the file.
2. I've yet to figure out the previous and next track buttons... so that it works more like a playlist.
3. People get the white background which means the plugin didn't load correctly, and I rarely get it myself.

Please test it and tell me how it works, specially on loading those dialog lines...  feel free to give out suggestions too!

It can be used with AGS 2.61 and above.

http:// monkeygames.mixnmojo.com/ ags / AGS_MediaMan_NET_03beta2.zip
(If you really want to download it and become a tester, copy and paste this link on your browser adn get rid of the spaces. Currently it's having problems loading on AGS, and I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with it.)
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

strazer_away

QuoteI can't find the documentation for the AGS Editor plugins! Where is it?

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/accomplug.htm

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I think that to play OGG you'd need a codec, much as you'd need DivX.

Otherwise... great, NetMonkey! I was SO looking forward to this!

Let us know if you find a way to use those OGG files, though. AFter all, that's all I use anymore. :P
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SSH

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Problem... I always get the "white background" and no files are displayed... and this time I DID run the .reg thing. :P

Kneel. Now.

Vel

Good job, netmonkey!
And yeah, you need an ogg codec to play the ogg files, please resolve this issue, since all my audio files are ogg...

Pumaman

Good work, netmonkey! :)

However,

Quote from: Rui "Erik" Pires on Sun 06/02/2005 09:46:12
Problem... I always get the "white background" and no files are displayed... and this time I DID run the .reg thing. :P

same here ... any ideas?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Hmmm... I ASSUME it's compatible with the latest beta, netmonkey... am I correct, or...? 'Cause that's the one I'm using.

Kneel. Now.

edmundito

That is very strange... I don't get the white background myself. Actually, I do sometimes but only when I update the plugin and I load the game, like I tried to explain in the manual. Again, it has to do with the whole .net/ActiveX issue.... And I did test it with 2.7 beta whatever we are on right now.

As for ogg, yes, I was aware that you could install a codec, but I've yet to figure out how to handle the nasty error message if it tries to play the file without it.

Edit: Updated, see first post. :)

Edit: Looks like I get another problem once you get the codec installed, and AGS crashes, too! :(

I need to know who does or doesn't get the white background and can see the files? Tell me what OS you're using and what version of AGS.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Well, I already have the codec installed... so I'll keep checking this thread, but won't be able to give any actual info, sorry. :(

Kneel. Now.

edmundito

Updated again... you can sort of play the ogg vorbis files now. At least it beats looking for them on the ags folder! :)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Still white background.

Win XP Home edition, ags beta 16, with Ogg codec installed. If you need more info, just ask.

Kneel. Now.

Candle

Windows XP home  AGS 2.62.509.0
As you see in screen shot I can see it fine but it won't show any files ?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Heh. No, Candle, you aren't seeing it fine. :) THAT's the white background error.

Kneel. Now.

Candle

edmundito

I'm starting to suspect that everyone is having this problem... sigh. Hopefully I can find a solution real soon!

Vel

I get the white screen too... and Im using 2.62 :(

auhsor

Yeah I also get that white thingamybob with the latest beta.

edmundito

Stop. Colaborate. And Listen:

Looks like I'll remove the download link until I figure out how to make this work... I think Petteri got it working once, but he's off to the army and such. If I see him sometime I'll ask him, but in the meantime I'll work with Pumaman to perhaps improve support on 2.7.

edmundito

On the white background... this is somewhat technical (Hey, it's the technical forum!):

The reason is that once again AGS Editor is unable to find the correct methods for the UserControl class (the class that holds the panel and the buttons and so forth). Chris, I don't know if you want to add a mandatory interface for the usercontrol (kind of like pluginmain) that includes these methods:

Public Sub AGS_InitPane(ByVal pData As Object)
Public Sub AGS_SelectPane()
Public Sub AGS_DeselectPane()
Public Sub AGS_GameChanged()
Public Sub AGS_SaveUpdates()

Which I think will solve the problem.... I had made an interface myself with those methods and then implemented my usercontrol from it to see if it was more stable, but that doesn't seem to work quite right. It looks like the editor is still looking at my class instead of the interface methods only, so it gets lost and can never find them, and that's why it doesn't initialize the control and it has a white background.

The reason why the background is white is because I set the color of the background to normal during AGS_InitPane(...), and since AGS can't find it, it can't initialize the controls. In AGS_InitPane() I also add the extra actions like what happens when the user clicks on "Play" or "Stop", etc.

What is AGS doing when it loads the usercontrol, anyway? How is it different from loading the plugin main class?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk