Funniest AGS games

Started by landslidepurist, Wed 09/02/2005 15:37:42

Previous topic - Next topic

landslidepurist

Hi. i was wondering what people thought were the funniest AGS games. I thought Perils of poom was pretty funny, and very engrossing. what do you people think?

Cheers.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Snail Quest, Robert Redford, Red Flagg and Who Killed Kenny Rogers top my list.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Radiant

Gord10

I also liked Constance:The Barbarian.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Lucky

Quote from: Radiant on Wed 09/02/2005 15:58:29
Larry Vales!
:=

Definitely. It's one of the few games that have managed to make me laugh out loud... repeatedly.

Haddas

JAPNCA. Laugh every time I play it

BOYD1981

yeh, JAPNCA is a class game

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Barbarian

There's many great humorous AGS games.... so hard to choose just one.
But that bieng said, I thought "Cougar's Quest for Freedom" was very hilarious  ;D
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=15659.0

Oh, and perhaps a "currently in production" game I'm not at liberty to speak about right now, it may become one of the most humorous/funniest games once it's released.  ;)
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

auhsor

Quote from: Lucky on Wed 09/02/2005 20:03:59
Quote from: Radiant on Wed 09/02/2005 15:58:29
Larry Vales!
:=

Definitely. It's one of the few games that have managed to make me laugh out loud... repeatedly.
And I shall third that. Some of the best games made with AGS were the Larry ones.

MillsJROSS

Larry Vales is still the top funniest game out there. Even after all these years. But after that...Ace Quest.

-MillsJROSS

kelly

Funniest of all time, in my opinion, is still the first Larry Vales game. The funniest game I've played lately is probably Barn Runner (the one with the snow and the funny old man). The other one that was in two parts was good but not as funny as the christmas game.

I just wish Larry Vales 3 had been finished. The demo showed so much promise.

My two cents.

Dart

Larry Vales and JAPNA were the funniest, in my opinion. Almost every interaction response in both games made me laugh. :D

Al_Ninio

Definitely Ace Quest.

And Haddas' game whose name I cannot recall nor do I know if it was publicly released.

Ponch

Larry Vales 1 & 2, no question about it. Short of Sam and Max, no other game has ever made me laugh as much as Larry did.

"Coffee is for closers" is a phrase I tormented my co-workers with for at least a month after I played Larry Vales 2.

And thanks to the nice person who mentioned Barn Runner! If I couldn't make funniest of all time, I'm tickled pink to make funny enough to be stored in short term memory.

alkis21

Another Larry Vales fan here, the second one in particular was very funny.

magintz

Larry Vales is my altime funniest... "Points Kerching!", and the "Blade-run like heck" moments were special :)

JAPACA made me laugh, especially the introduction... what ever happened to that game's sequals?

Captain Muchly Drinks Bleach was funny, but it was more of a "laugh at" than a "laugh with", the idea of it all and the shortness of the overall quest was rather amusing, I hope it was intended to be that way.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Abisso

Sure, Larry Vales games(especially the first) are very funny, but I also liked so muche the humour of Cirque du Zale. I found strange that no one mentioned it....probably Kinoko and I have the same sense of humour.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

m0ds

MillsJRoss productions certainly portray the best obscene comedy..! But you've got another loyal Larry Vales comedy-fan here.

The child in me likes games with slapstick (ala Teen Agent), yeah, they make me laugh - but I've yet to see any games made in AGS with slapstick in them that truly stick out.

magintz

Ah yes, Cirque, that was funny, i loved the beginning part... "so you'll save my daughter and in return I shall send you home....." - "nope!" very blunt and unexpected, yet funny all the same.

I also though Day of the Testicle was rather funny in a m0ds sort of way, that made me laugh. And noone has mentioned 1337 Pete or whatever it was called, i liked the bit with the chalk outline of a tellytubby.

Anywhoodle, i've said enough.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk