OverLoad: The Infection

Started by PsychicHeart, Thu 07/04/2005 09:16:59

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychicHeart

Hey. OverLoad_Main_Menu.GIF  room13.GIF
My new game involves Matthew Loare, a NAOI ( National Association Of Intelligence )
agent. He is captured by the evil Malachi Yvonnes and has a chip inserted in his brain.
Now, you must find Yvonnes, save the world from being turned into brainless drones, and Unlock the Mystery... Unlock your Soul.
Think it's gonna be a hit?
Then send me your thoughts. Thanks
FROM BG STUDIOS.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Krazy

My Stuffs:
Tumblr

supraman

this sounds like a pretty cool game. but how can you use guns in it? Isn't AGS used for making ADVENTURE games?

Gilbert

Hehe AGS was designed for, but not limited to, making adventure games. Haven't you played 3 Gays Days a Muffin Assasin ? :=

Abisso

It's "6th Day Assassin" anyway. You probably made confusion between it and "5 Days a Stranger". Or "7 Days a skeptic". Hey.... not so bad the idea of a 3 Gays in a Muffin...  ;D
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

AGA

Quote from: Abisso on Thu 07/04/2005 12:05:36
It's "6th Day Assassin" anyway. You probably made confusion between it and "5 Days a Stranger". Or "7 Days a skeptic". Hey.... not so bad the idea of a 3 Gays in a Muffin...  ;D

It was 6 Day Assassin[/i].

PsychicHeart

Yes, you're quite correct. Also, most of O:TI is adventure-style and most of the shooting is there as mini-games. There are lots of Mini-Games in OverLoad. They range from Snipering, defusing bombs. But thre is a level where you're in the sewers with a boat with a machine-gun attached to it. There are enemy boats behind you, which you must shoot.
So O:TI is sort of Action/Adventure/Logic. The logic is the parts where you
1) have to use stealth ( Which comes with a very cool stealth suit. )
2) defusing bombs ( i know i said it's a mini-game but you use logic in it).
Well, there ya have it.
Thanks.
BTW: O:TI is in pre-alpha stage. I have made about 30 rooms so far, planning to have maximum of 95.

Khris

I can't wait to see the game's gfx. The start screen looks very promising.

PsychicHeart

Thank you khrismuc for your kind words.
The game as of yet doesn't have any animations, but I've
been really working hard on it. I don't think I'm going to get any sleep for a
while lol. But a new update I have been working on is the introduction of new clothes like stealth suits and stuff like that.  Hope this info keeps
you guys occupied for a while lol

PsychicHeart

Alright, I finally have a website for the game, even though the game is not released yet.
The site name is:
www.overloadthegame.tk
So, what're you waiting for? lol

Phemar

PsychicHeart

Thanks.
Don't forget to tell me what you think of the WEBSITE                                       (  www.overloadthegame.tk )  as well s the game.
Also, you can join the mailing list with updates aso.
Well, seeya 4 now.

PsychicHeart

Okay, i finally can tell you the EXACT completeion of my game....
Just wait while i find out....
68.6%.
Okay, there we go.
BTW: Can someone PLEASE give me a non-bullshit solution to putting music and sounds in my freaking game?

strazer

PsychicHeart

damn. still doesn't work. do i put the music in the 'Compiled' part of my game folder or what?

strazer

No, music files go in the game folder.

Are you sure the files are named correctly? They must be called music1.mid, for example. Note that if you have Windows set up to suppress file extensions (the default), the file might actually be called music1.mid.mid which doesn't work.

PsychicHeart

Booya that works! Thanks man, you have made the game a lot better.

strazer

TerranRich

Updated BFAQ: http://bfaq.xylot.com/#audio01

Oh, and next time post your questions regarding AGS in the proper forums (in this case, the Beginners' Forum).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk