Wizard

Started by jasonjkay, Thu 21/04/2005 13:30:30

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonjkay

What do you think? I know it's a little small, and the shadings a little off but it's as good as I can get it, without making it worse. The outline is part of the game style.

Ive made a few modifications. The shoulders are wider and i've tried to add a highlight. I might try to add some creases in the fabric (Kinda hard to do). I cant add too much detail however as it wont fit the style of the game. This is actually my 2nd character ever created.
New update.

ive taken some of your suggestionsÃ,  and modified him some more. Changed his eyes, belt and the bottem of his cloak. What do you think?
http://www.americangirlscouts.org/agsresources/ - Mods, plugins and templates.

Ubel

It's very good, I like it. I'm using kind of a same style in the characters I draw.

Babar

It's so....conical. Perhaps some variation in shape? Maybe that is what you are going for though..still, looks awfully skinny.
Can't really see anything technically wrong, though. A nice sprite. You may wish to straighten the shoulders a bit. They look very sloping.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

jasonjkay

My view of a wizard is a big triangle, so the hat continues from the body with a face in the middle. I shall correct the shoulders.

I did a paint over changed only one thing can you see what is it?:

Ubel

Hmm. I think it's better with the belt than without it.

Well maybe but the belt should be then little more darker

Chicky

As soon as i saw this image i immidiately thought of the wizard from Apprentice. Now that could be a good thing, or it could mean you based this sprite upon him :)

I can't seem to find a picture of the wizard sprite from App but it doesnt really matter.

I liked the sprite before the edit, the only thing i dont like are the feet.

Khris

Check out those two:

skw

Not bad, but here's still a few things that could be improved...

Well... that's my paintover:

Good luck!
a.k.a. johnnyspade

Mats Berglinn

Nice wizard Scurvy! Very nice! ;D

skw

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Thu 21/04/2005 19:09:01
Nice wizard Scurvy! Very nice! ;D
Thanks, Mats! :=

By the way and in relation to main thread... Maybe try improving your wizard with some magic items (like a snorkel, a staff or a magic wand) and animate some action linked with it. I know it's challenging job, but the effects are always quite gratifying...
a.k.a. johnnyspade

Moresco

Wow I really like your wizard!  There were a few things that didn't seem right to me, but hey I'm not a wizard expert or anything, and you may not like this, but I thought darker was the way to go.

What I changed:
1. I added some crappy folds to the clothing.  Not my best work in five minutes, I just got the idea from the wizard photo that was posted.  Seemed like the right direction.
2. Added the tipping hat top, I like that, reminds me of something...can't quite place it.
3. Darker colors, richer skin tone though.
That's it.  Such a nice wizard, I sure do hope you will use it in a great game!

Skurwy:
Wow that's a bright one!  Gives me a sort of "children's story wizard" vibe, like wizard of oz or something.  Nice job on that!
::: Mastodon :::

Haddas

Tried to make him look older and more experienced. Adjusted some shading (hastily)

Moresco

Sweet Haddas! That's very nice, I didn't even think about that but you're totally right.  Nicely done!
::: Mastodon :::

stuh505

I like the original sprite, but I think his shoulders should be a little wider so he doesn't just look like a triangle :P

Stefano

Quote from: stuh505 on Fri 22/04/2005 00:03:51
his shoulders should be a little wider so he doesn't just look like a triangle :P

Agree with you. The crossed arms reinforce this idea.
I think a perfect sprite would be a mix of the original with the one haddas (bent hat, belt, fabric folds) has crafted.
Trying to make my first AGS game.

jasonjkay

Agree with you. The crossed arms reinforce this idea.
I think a perfect sprite would be a mix of the original with the one haddas (bent hat, belt, fabric folds) has crafted.
Thank's to everybody who has posted. Ive heard some good ideas and I will change him a bit more. The hat is bent but its bent back so you cant see it, Ill try bending it sideways. I'll change the belt and add a few simple fabric folds. Cant add too much detail however as it wont fit the style of my game.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

looking at your shading, I wonder why you did not apply the same technique to the face like this:

I corrected the problem I saw with the crossed arms look, they were hanging too low and when you cross your arms they stick out.  Nice work

jasonjkay

Very nice progzmax the face does look better but it takes away from the look (sort of cartoony rather than more realistic). I will however take your suggestion on the arms. Thank's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk