Release Something! - June 25, 2005 (Release NOW!)

Started by Kinoko, Mon 06/06/2005 11:45:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinoko

Well, for all you people with dribs and drabs of a game that may or may not be finished someday, and all you people on the edge of completing something but lacking the motivation to do so, let me acomodate you.

This isn't a competition as such, just a big free-for-all where we can all showcase our talents. Basically, a date is set for "Release Something!" Day (I guess, I just invented it) and on that day, people are invited to post to this thread anything they like, really. For example, some sprites,Ã,  screenshots of your game, music, sound effects, backgrounds, rooms, a plugin, a storyboard, a demo, or if you can manage it, a full game. Heck, even if it's 95% done or 1% done, if you wanna release it, you go for it!

I've decided to set the date for 3 weeks. 2 seemed too short for some to get their 'stuff' done, 4 seemed too long to wait. So, let's say the 25th of June. Seems like a nice round date.

Remember, anything you want, as little or as much of it as you want! Get working, people!

The Time has come! Release whatever you had done, NOW!

[Cameron]

I'll see if I can get something done. Great idea Kinoko.

Ponch

Sounds good. I'll be there with bells on.

Haddas

Thanks Kinoko. You got me working on aproject again that was becoming "never to be released" rapidly. you just saved a game temporarily

Paper Carnival

I'm working on my platform puzzle game, it's not AGS so I hope I'm still allowed to post. I was working on it anyway, but this will make me work more. By that time I'll have a small alpha demo ;D

=The=Brat=

YAY! great idea kiniko!

I have put the impossible "hang" project on hold while i start on a  new game about musketeers. ill have something posted as soon as i can!

Dart

I'm in as well. :D

Prepare to see something from my Hansel and Gretel game on the 25th if I'm not busy with exams and such.

Pelican

I'll probably release something. At the very least some screenies/sprites, from my ongoing project. At best, perhaps a short game. Course, I am going on holiday next week. And I have to go shopping for a present for my dad's birthday the week after... So most likely some screenies.Ã,  ;D

PsychicHeart

great idea. I'll be releasing a trailer, some screenies, and (if you're lucky) a demo.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

JudgeDeadd

Yay! Kinoko, You just motivated me to work at a game I abandoned!!!
You know what they say... no... wait... you don't. What a shame.

PsychicHeart

wait a minute, Kinoko, i know the date, but, is it all day or...?
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

DragonRose

Seeing as people on the boards are in just about every time zone, so a sensible time for one person would have other people asleep or at work or whatever, I think all day is the only way to do it.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Kinoko

Oh yeah, sure. There's no specific time, it's just a way to give people a date to work towards. Deadlines -can- be fun.

Tom S. Fox

Great idea!

I'm going to release some sort of tech demo for my game "Adventure Game",
and maybe some new screenshots.

hedgefield

Cool, by that time my summer vacation will have started so I'll see to it something new will be available for TMC!

Ubel

Well okay then :=

That is how much my last months mags game is ready. It has only one interactive room by now and no intro yet. And only one custom GUI. There's really nothing to do in it. :P But at least I 'Released Something'.

Mats Berglinn

Sounds like a fun idea, Kinoko. I might be in this and release the demo of Caribbean Mysteries in time. But if I don't make it in time, I'll just release it afterwards. Got some work left but not too much. Hopefully I'll make it.

Haddas

http://217.172.186.14/~al_ninio/zmobies2.zip

Just an intro and a screen you can walk around in and listen to awesome music in. Jokes will be better. Finished version (some day... will include dancing!)

Gord10

I'm going to release a little trailer for Lost In The Nightmare.
But I will have to upload it to lousy Geocities if I can't find a good host :(
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk