Cedric and the Revolution (Dec '05 MAGS)

Started by Bernie, Sat 24/12/2005 02:18:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

Hooray, I finished my first AGS game! :=

This is my MAGS entry for December and is my first complete AGS game (and my second game release overall).

Click this here text to download

Follow the adventure of Cedric and Victor as they try to get a demonstration up and running. It's not as easy as it sounds and they end up doing something completely different, but hey, at least they tried, eh?

Screenshots:

i k a r i

1,7MB?  :o
It looks great, downloading...
I'll edit and post my comments later..

EDIT: Wow...I'm loving it so far, the characters are great..specially the little elf Cedric, the dialogs are very funny, and the puzzles are very cool...the graphics are awesome..I couldn't find anything I don't like yet..I'll keep on playing
Spoiler
I'm trying to escape from the prison now =P
[close]
and probably I'll edit this post again

GREAT GAME!!

edit2: You got my vote...where do I vote?...and where do I see the other contestants?
edit3:I saw the link in the readme... ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Erenan

Great stuff, Bernie! I just finished playing, and I have to say that I'm very impressed.

The animation reminds me a little of the old Revolution games like Lure of the Temptress and Beneath a Steel Sky.
The Bunker

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Nicely done, Bernie!  Aside from the green tinge hurting my eyes after awhile (not your fault) it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Ben Jordan Fan

fantastic Graphics! nice story! nice music!

Great game Bernie!

nihilyst

Congratulations for your first AGS game!

It's very lovely, graphics and dialogues are well done. I really appreciate it.

Merry Christmas, folks!
nihilyst

Bernie

Thanks for the comments, everyone! ^^

Oh yeah, merry christmas! :)

scourge

WOW! Excellent game! You got my vote too for MAGS. Very very good game.

Mordalles

awesome game!

the graphics are outstanding. im really jealous of ure graphics. they're so beautifully painted, and the colours are great. and the sprites just fits perfectly. dialogue are funny and well written, and the puzzles (those ive done thus far) are logical. the graphics make me feel as if im playing an old lucasarts game.

one of my favourite ags games this year, and prob of all time, and ive played a lot of ags this year.

if you decide to make a medium/full length game, ull own this community.  ;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Arcangel

Good graphics, but,  I'm trying to escape from the prison. :P

Chicky

Hah, me too. Lovely game but i'm stuck with the potato press :P

*edit*
I need a little help Bernie

Spoiler

I've got candles, spoon, burger etc in my inv. and i can see that you can put the bowl in the potato press and use the candles on the hot pipe but everything that would logically work doesnt. I'm not sure what the potato press is for but i tried putting my melted candles in the bowl in the press and that didnt work, i also tried giving the burger to the hungry rat and that didnt work. Do i have to free the big guy first?

Heh, please dont give away the whole puzzle, only a hint please ;)
[close]

Bernie

Thanks for the comments! ^^

Chicky:
Spoiler
If you melt the bottoms of the candles you can do something with them you couldn't before, but not just yet. Focus on freeing Victor for now. There's nothing you need to do with the press at this point, but you'll need it for something different later on.
I forgot to make a custom reply for giving the burger to the rat, but you're on the right trail. Such a big burger is too much for a tiny rat, no? However, you can focus on that later. Your main priority should be freeing Victor.
[close]

DarkArcAngel: I can give you hints if you want, just tell me where you're stuck. Getting out of the cell, maybe?

Arcangel

No I have only a spoon and bowl nothing more....

Bartimaeus

Just finished it and I have to say that was a really really fun game to play.
The art, the puzzles, the dialogue; everything was smooth and it just makes the game so much more enjoyable.
I'm really looking forward to some future games from you, keep up the good work.
:D
Ps. Loved the gargoyle  ;D

EDIT: DarkArcangel:
Spoiler

What does any elf do when he has a heavy object and a guard's pissing him off...
[close]
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Bernie

Thanks, Bartimaeus! ^^

DarkArcangel:
Spoiler
The bowl is quite heavy and Cedric wants out of his cell really bad. He might even resort to using violence, even if it's not really his style.
[close]

Arcangel

I'm finished too. JAJA, like the end. ;D

bury100

Ok, I got stuck:

!!!(SPOILER)!!!:

So I got the lady to demo, filled coffee machine with water,lit the candle and got rid of the Tax collector. Now I don't know how to get the monocle and how to grind the beans to powder. Help anyone?

Bernie

bury100:
Spoiler
Get a hold of the crab somehow! This will solve all of your problems. You don't even need to use any items to catch it... :)
[close]

bury100

Finished, fantastic game! Everything was top-notch and I really enjoyed it thoroughly. It is very simillar to Simon The Sorcerer and I think it was intentional(the characters talking in the background is a heritage from SS I believe). It was a light,fun and small game and I really found it to my liking. Congratulations and keep up the good work! Two thumbs UP,way up!

ManicMatt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk