My second character but first in Critics (New view)

Started by Arcangel, Tue 03/01/2006 17:16:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcangel

My second character but first in Critics. I think I really need help.

I need more help with the front view.

It is the main character for the  January MAGS Competition, A retired scientific of 69 years of age in charge of its grandson.

Edit: Version 2 with back view

Version 3 Eliminated

DanClarke

very nice character!

I think you've got the actual body pretty much spot on, my only suggestion would be to adjust the eyes to make them larger AKA the far left shot, it gives him much more character.

DonB

Smooth it is!
I really like it, all fronts look good, but maybe the sideview could use another leg, I think it would be too coincidence if his too legs where exactly on the same spot from the sideview.. so make another leg there..

Also, about the head, I think at the upper left view he looks kinda dumbish/goofy (which is positive).. on the upper right view he looks rather like a mean professor.. I think you should stick with the first view (upper left one), so maybe you could change the head of the most right a bit by making the mustache longer and the eyes bigger..

Arcangel

Well ,I've tried to make the suggested changes.

big brother

The shape of the nose (and line width around the face) is very different between the SW pose and the other poses.

The SW and W leg angle is the same. There is a flap of his coat sticking out on the SW pose that looks different from the other angles. His thumb still looks like a chin in the W view.

Reminds me a bit of the Uderzo style.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Arcangel

Who is Uderzo? I made the changes in the night. Thx

Evil

I like the first front view the best. I think the short head helps with that quirky character you're going for.  I don't think he'll come across mean if you word the dialogue correctly. He also has the best eyes IMO.

Though I really like the black neck shadow on the left character, and I think you should add that to them all. Looks like an undershirt or something.

ildu

Arcangel

Well, few changes.

And ildu some web to see the work of Uderzo?

Arcangel

Kweepa

Quote from: Arcangel on Tue 03/01/2006 21:50:07
And ildu some web to see the work of Uderzo?

http://images.google.com/images?q=uderzo

Nice work! Some line thickness discrepancy around the eyes and nose...
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

This is a very solid sprite.  As Steve mentioned, though, some people may be bothered by the inconsistent line thickness in the image (note the difference between the right hand and parts of the head).  Great work!

Arcangel

DonB

You changed my hints perfectly.. have no further comments :) but big bro got a point with the nose..

Arcangel

In the night I change the shape of the nose and the head. I think that is all.

Arcangel

I upload a new version, and back view. And a few changes in the head... ;D

Tiki

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Arcangel

ProgZmax, You are right have similarity, never seen him.   :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk