Life of D. Duck

Started by LeChuck, Fri 06/01/2006 03:30:54

Previous topic - Next topic

LeChuck

Over the course of the last six months, I have put way too much time into making this adventure game called Life of D. Duck. This adventure game is filled with broken english and awful, awful artwork that would make Walt Disney turn in his grave. You're probably wondering why, and the answer is to celebrate aspiring artist Bjornar B. He made all the dialogue and artwork in this project.

When D. Duck is born, he comes out of the egg with a clear vision in his mind: To win Andecity (Duckburg) marathon! Full of anticipation he asks Grandmother Duck what he must do to become a champion. The solution? Making oat porridge.

Take control over D. Duck in his quest to make oat porridge in this interactive adventure game developed by Audunsoft in close cooperation with aspiring artist Bjornar B.

Cover:

(Low-res cover art)

Screenshots:

Features
- Same kind of interface as in Sam & Max
- Over 80 different ingame sound effects
- Runs in glorious 640x480 resolution
- At least 30 minutes of gameplay
- Bjornar's own porridge recipe included
- Exclusive dialogue and artwork by Bjornar B

Download

!! IMPORTANT !!  Change "REPLACE" in the URL to a single "r". The AGS forums has some kind of de-leetifyer that corrupts my URLs.

http://home.online.no/~gei-pe-REPLACE/Readme.txt
http://home.online.no/~gei-pe-REPLACE/DDuckSetup1.00.exe (10.5 MB) (Windows installer)
http://home.online.no/~gei-pe-REPLACE/DDuckFiles1.00.rar (9.5 MB) (PC/MAC)

Don't let those lousy drawings put you off, there's an inspiring story to be told!

Previous game: Frog Island
Latest game: Life of D. Duck II

Fisher

Okay LeChuck, that was pretty cute!

Thanks!

jane

Cute game.............liked the humour!

jane x

Wretched

Easily the best AGS game of 2006 so far. Liked the raised eyebrow when he gets the grain.
And once again proving that graphics are not the be all and end all of adventure games. If only humanity could stop seeing with their eyes.

i k a r i

*finished*
Nice game!!  ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Cees

Nice!!! Your drawings are awefull but fit well in the game. Not the drawings but the story line and the puzzels made this game.
This is what it's all about i think.
Well done!

Greets Cees.

Candle

LeChuck

Mordalles

hehe, like the game. was really logical (i didnt need the walkthru). thx, enjoyed it!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

scourge

very nice game! just finished it. Logical and fun puzzles and some interesting animations too :)

lo_res_man

Quote from: Wretched on Fri 06/01/2006 15:27:42
And once again proving that graphics are not the be all and end all of adventure games. If only humanity could stop seeing with their eyes.
ooOOO! trecle alert! yes i'm sure its fun, and yes graphics don't really matter, but, "if only humanity could stop seen with their  eyes"?! i am playing pleurghburg right, now yes graphics don't matter t much, but that statment is so treclely  its almostdisgusting. its lofty and  ostentatios and that ( for me )annoying brand of crypto-mumbo-jumbo sorry for the rant it was just me GUT reaction. sorry
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

JimmyShelter

Quote from: lo_res_man on Sat 07/01/2006 03:04:20
ooOOO! trecle alert! yes i'm sure its fun, and yes graphics don't really matter, but, "if only humanity could stop seen with their  eyes"?! i am playing pleurghburg right, now yes graphics don't matter t much, but that statment is so treclely  its almostdisgusting. its lofty and  ostentatios and that ( for me )annoying brand of crypto-mumbo-jumbo sorry for the rant it was just me GUT reaction. sorry

treclely ? lofty ? ostentatios ? Are these even words? What are you trying to say?

NnyTard

that game was awesome, loved it

ManicMatt

Quote from: lo_res_man on Sat 07/01/2006 03:04:20
Quote from: Wretched on Fri 06/01/2006 15:27:42
ooOOO! trecle alert! yes i'm sure its fun, and yes graphics don't really matter, but, "if only humanity could stop seen with theirÃ,  eyes"?! i am playing pleurghburg right, now yes graphics don't matter t much, but that statment is so treclelyÃ,  its almostdisgusting. its lofty andÃ,  ostentatios and that ( for me )annoying brand of crypto-mumbo-jumbo sorry for the rant it was just me GUT reaction. sorry

Ooh let me translate their poor english skills!

Ooh treacle alert! Yes I'm sure it's fun, and yes graphics don't really matter, but "If only humanity could stop seeing with their eyes?"?! I am playing Pleurghburg right, and yes the graphics don't matter too much, but that statement is so full of treacle it's almost disgusting. It's lofty and ostentious, and that (For me) is an annoying brand of crypto-mumbo-jumbo! Sorry for the rant, it was just my GUT reaction. Sorry. (Although as you can see I still went ahead and posted my GUT reaction, and used the word treacle which isn't really a  use of it's proper definition, and is in fact crypto-mumbo-jumbo!)

-Okay I made that bit up at the end!

Kinoko

Sorry to drag this up, but a friend got me playing this game last night and I nearly peed from laughing so hard at the opening. Really fun game! I got stuck but I'm determined to go back and finish it after work tonight ^_^

A work of genius!!

EKM

lol, I just beat this game...it's funny.

There's tons of humourous things...including the drawings. The animation makes me laugh.

It had nice puzzles and it was fun solving them. Good game.

marlamoe

Nice logical game.  Finished in under an hour with no hints.  After awhile, I forgot all about the graphics and the adventure just took over.  Good job.

StrongKanegou

AWESOME!!! "Hurten leg of D. Duck must be operated!"
Seriously, gives you a good laugh and provides vital information about nutrion.

Besh

Very funny and logical game. Great work. However (a little) more attention for the graphics... this is a suggestion.

Frog Island was a good start point...
... Life of D. Duck is a great present...
... and I hope that your next game continue in this way (that is the right one).
"Spread our codes to the stars,
You can rescue us all"
- Muse

Cino

This game is awesome! I absolutely love it, the graphics, the humour, brilliant!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk