please read this andhelp me or u will stop the best gane i the world

Started by mistral, Tue 21/02/2006 09:21:37

Previous topic - Next topic

mistral

??? okay, im making my first ever game and i have loads of tilesets, and a tile cutter, but...i have no software that will let take the cut tiles and place them on a page or something to make my towns, also i am having sprite troubles, i found loads at reiners tilsets. they all had a few animations to them. each animation was in a folder, i opend the folder to find loads of bitmaps that were frame by frame images of the animation, how can i use them with ags, and where should i get the tileset using software, remember i already have reiners tile cutter please help thanx ???

Elliott Hird

Ashen

OK, I think there's an actual AGS related question buried in there.

Read the manual. The tutorial, specifically lessons 6 and 7, deals with using graphics and should tell you everything you need to know.

The rest of it ... Wrong forum (before I moved it) - Please read the subforum rules before you post in them, to make sure you're posting in the right place.
Have you tried RPG Maker? You could possibly build your rooms/towns in that, and grab them for use in AGS.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Helm

I want to help make the best gane in the world so here goes: google mappy.
WINTERKILL

BOYD1981

in paintshop pro there's an option to snap things to grid, you could setup a grid the same size as your tiles (or any size you wanted) and then copy paste, it would probably take a while but you'd get it done and you can't rush perfection...
photoshop probably has a grid snapping option too but i wouldn't really know.

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Saberteeth

GraphicsGale has the same 'snap to grid' function and it's FREE!

Ishmael

Quote from: SBsLoVeNiA on Tue 21/02/2006 12:22:34
GraphicsGale has the same 'snap to grid' function and it's FREE!

The snap to grid function in Paintshop Pro is basically free too. It's bundled with the program.

:=
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

vict0r

The title of this thread dont give us too good impressions of this amazing gane of yours.

Haddas

don't mock this person. I bet the keyboard is just broken.

vict0r

Right, right... This person is probably a starving child from Poorland! Who recieved his/her computer by a miracle, when he caught it floating down the river of nuclear waste. He had to dive in and get it, causing severe burns and mutilations of his/her body. But he/she got the computer.

Even though the keyboard replaces m with n, the "dot" mark dont work and the spacebar is toggeling on and off randomly.

Helm

man, I feel like a real jerk when I make a joke and then I find myself in the same side as vict0r. I should stop with the sarcasm completely.
WINTERKILL

SSH

How to defeat Helm in a debate: agree with him. He will be so repulsed by being on the same side, he will defect.

Nikolas

lol

just that!
for the whole thread but especially SSHs' comment... ;D

Ishmael

vict0r, you forgot to mention the shift key is apparently not working very well or is completely missing.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

vict0r

Well that is kinda obvious, isnt it? It melted in the river of nuclear waste. Along with the "." mark.

And whats wrong with being on my side?

lo_res_man

Nothing, its just you are describing how I got MY computer! Only I had to DIVE in the nuclear waste, which affected my brain, and made me play Adventure games. ;D (lol)
More seriously, give the kid a break. he is asking for help, this is only his second post, so cut they guy some slack? How did people treat YOU as a newb? think about it.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Grapefruitologist

You should stop mocking this person. They're only 13-though so am I, I'm sure there's an explanation (I talked like that when I started the computer too-I was like 7. But I used caps, too, so I was even worse.)
(\ _ /)
(o.o )
(>< )
This is Bunny
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IIO2qpSsUTA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rg-p7xaeYes

big brother

Well, this forum does have an age limit.

If someone is under that, and acts like it, too, I think we're entitled to a little fun.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Afflict

Hell, guys leave mistral alone the "kid" as you put represents all of us at some point or another.
We all have/had this crazy idea of making the best game in the world, all by our lonesome and
stumbled onto this wonderfull AGS engine.

I remember when I joined the forum, I also just typed and messed up most of the time. You
guys thought me to put my ideas and comments in a more neat fashion and also that I
shouldn't use slang.

So yeah lets just let mistral get fimiliar with the forums...

SSH

So, Afflict, because our advice and mocking of you worked, we SHOULDN'T do it to someone else?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk