Independent Adventuring column back on-line

Started by Jozef, Sun 26/02/2006 20:13:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Jozef

For the five people who've been missing my Independent Adventuring column, I'm happy to say that it's back on-line.Ã,  I started a blog where I'd be publishing it, along with reviews of the more interesting games and whatever else I can think of.

Most games that were released between June 2005 and January 2006 (the period when DIYGames was not updated) are now covered in my columns here.

scourge

QuoteThe Family Treasure. By all accounts, this is a very good game, if I am to paraphrase people on the AGS forums. Unfortunately, I was unable to move from the first screen, even after following the instructions of people who successfully finished the game. I attribute this to an awkward interface, and possibly some pixel hunting. The graphics and music are very good, but I personally found the game unplayable.

There is no pixel hunting in the first room. I take it you are referring to the flickering lense. You don't need to interact with the lense, interact with the crow's nest. Take away that stupid comment about unplayable or rather leave my game out of your thingy.

Jozef

MrColossal

wow buloght, he can't have an opinion?

Also, I see all the OROW games [one room one week] were reviewed except mine, Automation! The winner of the first one! Argh!

Also, you might want to mention which ones were made for OROW because that is why they are so short.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

scourge

Quote from: Jozef on Sun 26/02/2006 20:28:35
Nope; I already had the lens.
Then you you're just saying things.

Saying someone's game is unplayable is only valid it isn't. I think my game is quite easy to play

Mordalles

i knew it! my humour is forced! my mummy lied to me when she said i was funny!  :'(

*off to go and a make a serious game*

;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Becky

Yeah, you might want to mention that the OROW games are going to be limited by the fact they are one-room games made in one week, rather than simply calling them "short".

Kweepa

Jozef, good to have your reviews back!

buloght, relax. The puzzle with the crow's nest is quite fiddly. After that it's smooth sailing, but I have to agree with Jozef that the game gives a bad first impression. You may think your game is easy, but if someone who plays just about every game that is released has problems, you might want to step back and reconsider. It's something that beta testing would have revealed - I realize that you couldn't do that given the MAGS time constraints.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

scourge

Screw game-making. I still demand that you remove that jozef, mine is the only game marked purple and calling it unplayable is just wrong.

MrColossal

He said he got stuck and that people say it's a good game and the art was very good. He isn't trashing your game.

It's marked purple because it's a link and you clicked it.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Nikolas

Hem, I have to say that a comment like "Tha game is unplayed", is rather rude, and of course is completly subjective. The rest of the review, is quiet good though.

scourge

I didn't click it, it was purple when i got there which i thought rather weird. Btu still the dude can just remove it.

It's not a fair comment by any means.

Mordalles

yeah, "unplayable" is a bit off.

hehe, i just scanned through all his reviews (2005 included), and it seems generally the games he hates i love! hehe. and vice versa. hehe.

MrColossal

He doesn't say it is unplayable, he says "personally it is unplayable." Meaning he couldn't play it. This is not an insult!

Whatever, I'm done sticking up for someone who doesn't need it, Jozef I'm sure is a smart guy who doesn't need me defending him.

scourge

Personally i think he is an idiot that shouldn't do reviews.

Nikolas

Quote from: MrColossal on Sun 26/02/2006 20:57:19
He doesn't say it is unplayable, he says "personally it is unplayable." Meaning he couldn't play it. This is not an insult!
True, my fault while quoting him, but still...

Anyways, I'm also done with this thread, Eric, for the same reasons.

Mordalles

scourge

I won't be releasing any "unplayable" games anymore, thanks jozef.

Nikolas

Buloght, could you change the face of the cutiy you have for avatr, with a mean, angry face, something like : :( >

Ubel

Hey, good to hear it's back! I see you've reviewed Buna Wants Beer too. Thanks for the kind words. The link on Buna Wants Beer is old now thought. Could you replace it with this link: http://www.pabsoft.com/games.html

Also, buloght, you should calm down a bit. A game creator must be able to handle critics. :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk