Bone: Out From Boneville

Started by Steel Drummer, Thu 23/03/2006 16:15:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Drummer

Hey Bone fans, I'm starting to make a reMAKE of the Bone: Out From Boneville game, except in 2D (like the LucasArts games).  I have the standing view done for all the Bone cousins, Thorn, and Gran'ma Ben. Pictures of these characters to follow soon...
I'm composing the music for this game:

Saberteeth

Just a quick pointer: NO NEED!

I mean, why remake bone? Leave it be. Ok, make a sequel but why would you remake something so...well...average.
Well, do what you wish, but it's not a smart choice in my book.

lo_res_man

A prequil would be good, the charactors are endearing, and it would be fun to see WHY they got tossed out of boneville. It make of boneville would be tough. I mean how do you translate the comics goals into adventure game goals?  thats why adventures games make terrible storys, and storys, per say, strictly used, make terrible adventture games.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

ManicMatt

Just how many games are you making?

Saberteeth

Yeah, i'm wondering that too.

Ubel

And I'm thinking here: Why do you even bother inform us about these projects you're never going to do anyway? You posted about another project of yours in the Recruit A Team thread just two minutes before this. Just focus on ONE (1) project at the time, don't even try to work on many games at the same time. That will not work.

Disco

Quote from: lo_res_man on Thu 23/03/2006 17:00:58
A prequil would be good, the charactors are endearing, and it would be fun to see WHY they got tossed out of boneville.

I believe that the comic book (yes, the BOOK) has already spelled out quite clearly why the Bone cousins were run out of Boneville.

lo_res_man

yes but why in a more detailed way. phoney bone. (the greedy one, i think) with all his get rich plabns would be funny to watch in action. yes its clear, but doing those things sounds ( to me) like a riot. just an idea, take it or leave it.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Steel Drummer

thank you all for your criticism and speculation. Here's why I'm making this game and(even though I'making other games):

1. I have PLENTY of spare time and am free all the time.
2 (this is not a reason, it's a reply to something someone said). I finished another game and posted on recruit a team for
people's voices for the talkie version of that game. I didn't post for a team to help me.
3. I stopped doing the Indiana Jones and Brian Jacques game projects. SO, that leaves a lot that I can do.
4. My PC doesn't have a 3d accelearator card and so it can't play the 3d bone game.
5. I love Bone. Whoever it was that didn't know why the Bone cousins got run outta Boneville, GET A LIFE! No offence :)Ã, 
6. I always wanted to do a Bone game, even before the 3d game came out, heck, even before I HEARD of the 3d game.
7. A prequel does sound like a good idea. MAybe I'll even tie in a prequel to the actual game.

Steel Drummer

oh, and 
11. I HATE 3D adventure games.  :=

Mr Jake

How can you remake a game you can't play?

Steel Drummer

I'm not really remaking it, I'm making "my own version" of it. It's going to be like what would've happened if LucasArts had made a game of Bone during the beginnings of Bone in 1992-1995

Disco

Quote from: yodaman11111 on Thu 23/03/2006 20:45:38
thank you all for your criticism and speculation. Here's why I'm making this game(even though I'making other games):

1. I have PLENTY of spare time and am free all the time.
2. I finished another game and posted on recruit a team for
people's voices for the talkie version of that game. I didn't post for a team to help me.
3. I stopped doing the Indiana Jones and Brian Jacques game projects. 
4. SO, that leaves a lot that I can do.
5. My PC doesn't have a 3d accelearator card and so it can't play the 3d bone game.
6. I love Bone.
7. Whoever it was that didn't know why the Bone cousins got run outta Boneville, GET A LIFE!
8. No offence :) 
9. I always wanted to do a Bone game, even before the 3d game came out, heck, even before I HEARD of the 3d game.
10. A prequel does sound like a good idea. MAybe I'll even tie in a prequel to the actual game.

2, 4, 7, 8, and 10 aren't reasons :D.

Quote from: yodaman11111 on Thu 23/03/2006 20:48:27
oh, and 
11. I HATE 3D adventure games.  :=

Every post you see that you authored, there is a "modify" link in the upper right corner (as long as you are signed in) right next to the "reply with quote" link. This link is your friend, and will save you from potential verbal abuse if used correctly :P.

Renal Shutdown

Why not just make something, then post about it? Not just..

"I'm planning on making something, I'll let you know when I've actually got anything to show for it".

This is a forum, not a blog.

By the way, I'm thinking of ordering a pizza.  I'll post again to let you know when I've ordered it, and then again when it arrives.  After that, I'll post to let you know that I'm thinking about writing a review of it after I've eaten it.  After that, I'll post to tell you that I've eaten it and am about to start the review.

After that, I'll post to tell you that I'm thinking of ordering a curry next week.
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

Afflict

Dammit now I feel like making a pizza...

ManicMatt

Quote from: Spleen on Sat 25/03/2006 20:27:20
By the way, I'm thinking of ordering a pizza.Ã,  I'll post again to let you know when I've ordered it, and then again when it arrives.Ã,  After that, I'll post to let you know that I'm thinking about writing a review of it after I've eaten it.Ã,  After that, I'll post to tell you that I've eaten it and am about to start the review.

WHAT??!! You mean to say you won't post about when the pizza comes out the other end?

Steel Drummer

well, for one, I don't know how to post screenshots, so I CAN'T have anything to show for it. I have screenshots on a website, but I don't know what the coding is to post screenshots.  :P  :'(

MashPotato

You can find out how to post images here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/Themes/default/help/posting.english.html#bbcref

Or you can make a link to that website, that doesn't require any coding at all ^_^

Steel Drummer

check in the production thread everyone... there's a working thread for this game with screenshots and everything :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk