Re: Backgroundblitz 20061209 - 20061228

Started by Elric, Sat 09/12/2006 00:10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Elric

Fantastic Idea zyndikate, my first bg entry will be here :)
Farewell Friend, for I was a thousand times more evil than thou.

joelphilippage

Heres castle Daventry

Origional:

New:

Daniel Thomas

Hmm, It looks like it was just a copy of the orginal and just edited... you should make your own background.. I thought it was clear in the orginal post, maybe I was wrong.
SO: Make your own background, dont copy or edit it.
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

boojiboy

Be a bit more clear in the blitz description. It sounded like you were just suggesting that it would be more creative to do it in your own way but copying it would be fine.

Daniel Thomas

In what way isnt it clear? I think I mentioned "You to make a background".

"NOTE: It doesnt mean you should copy the background straight of from the game. Make it in your style and potray it like you want. It would also be cool if, possible, you posted a screenshot from the orginal room."

Isnt this note clear? It should make it clear that I want you to create a new background based on an old background from an adventure-game.

Ill see if I can make it clearer.
What say you?

loominous

Think it was clear to start with, though it required the reading of the second paragraph (imagine the effort), so to make it more foolproof, perhaps add:

"I want you to make a background (no tracing/copying) that you really like from a adventure game..."

or something.

Cool topic btw, though I personally have a harder time getting motivated when I'm not creating something that I can completely call my own.
Looking for a writer

ildu

Yeah, zynd. I didn't wanna say it before, because I lub you, but the topic, although inspirational and functional, just takes out all the creativity from the blitz for me. To me, the most satisfying thing in the blitz is coming up with your own universe and environment, and giving the viewer just a little taste of it. So, when basically most of the idea, design and composition is already decided for me, it's not so satisfying to work with those restrictions.

However, I'm not saying it's a bad topic, or that I won't enter because of it, but I gotta say I find it difficult to get the motivation, as loominous said. I was trying hard to come up with an idea, or mainly an existing background that I'd like to remake. Everytime I'd come up with one, I felt unable to even start. I'm more of a graphical than an idea guy, so I noticed that most of bgs that I found memorable were mostly so because of the graphics. So how exactly can I remake my favorite background when I already think of it as graphically perfect? Of course, I thought of maybe pixelling an existing 3D background or 3Ding a painted background, and that's what I might do for this blitz.

Anyways, I hope we get a lot of entries and I hope that this doesn't pose a problem to other people. No offense, by the way. I'm just an old fool :).

lo_res_man

QuoteThe first thing we will do is kill all the lawyers
;D
Sheesh! Well its a nice edit though. The rocks look a bit wonky, (light colour influences object colour) but nice
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Khris

Looks like "lasso tool - move move move - ctrl - move move move - color replacer - click click click - paint brush - click click click" to me. Sorry.

And btw, I think even before the edit the rules stated clearly that the entry should be based on background and in your own style.

MrColossal

Jeez people, just have fun. If someone made an image and had fun or learned something making it, awesome. Did someone not follow the rules exactly? So what? Not the end of the world, they probably won't win the competition and life will continue.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Daniel Thomas

Ok, I hear you all.

What I was thinking mostly was to see the room in other styles, I also thought it was a good chance to play around with camera-angles.. Myself would have done Sam and Max's office or the green tentacles room from Dott.

Anyway, I hope both will participitate anyway and that everyone have fun :)

ildu

Soooooo... The deadline has passed and there's only one entry, the validity of which is still under debate. So how do we proceed? An extension? A change of topic? What if we have like a small week-long blitz with a different topic? I'd definately be up for it after the new year.

Daniel Thomas

Sorry, just got my computer back.. Ill be back tomorrow with information.

Daniel Thomas

Gilbert

Topic splited and I'll just lock this portion to preserve info for maybe later reference.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk