MODULE & PLUGIN: Ags 3d v1.20

Started by Kweepa, Sun 11/09/2005 23:45:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Gius

Hi,
I desire with Ags3d to build a software for pupils with spatial problems.
If it is possible to increase the game superior resolution to the 640x480?
Thanks Giuseppe

Kweepa

Quote from: Gius on Wed 12/12/2007 17:02:42
Hi,
I desire with Ags3d to build a software for pupils with spatial problems.
If it is possible to increase the game superior resolution to the 640x480?
Thanks Giuseppe

I don't have any plans to increase the resolution beyond 640x480, sorry. That should be enough though.

Quote from: Mirek on Wed 05/12/2007 20:22:00
Can You update demo download link, please?

Which demo link are you referring to? Please include a link to the message in question.

Quote from: gojerry on Wed 05/12/2007 01:08:05
I'd really like to make the crosshair go away.

Could you include that option in the next release?

I can do that. I'm not sure when the next release is going to be - probably not before Christmas anyway.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

.M.M.

Which demo link are you referring to? Please include a link to the message in question.
Somewhere here must be demo link but almost everything isn´t working.
magintz
Mittens Regular

Re: MODULE: Ags 3d
« Reply #44 on: 13 Oct 2005, 18:34 »    Reply with quote
Has anyone got a demo game or something so I could just see for myself what ths is like, the screenshots only show it so much.

Elliott Hird

Re: MODULE: Ags 3d
« Reply #45 on: 13 Oct 2005, 18:43 »    Reply with quote
Look a few posts back.
Here is why I am looking for it.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Steve, could you post a code example of what to do if one wants to load an .obj file? I can't seem to get it to work. Here's what I've been trying -

Code: ags
  Ags3d.SetCameraPosition(0.0, 0.0, 66.0);      // positions the camera
  Ags3d.SetCameraResetPosition(0.0, 0.0, 66.0); // selects a point to restore the camera
  int l = Ags3d.AddLight(Ags3d_LightType_Directional); // creates a light

int i = Ags3d.AddCube(0.0, 0.0, -5.0);        // adds a cube for the ground at x,y,z
  Ags3d.SetPrimScale(i, 500.0, 500.0, 10.0);    // stretches it out to cover more space
  Ags3d.SetPrimColour(i, 0, 255, 0);            // makes it green
  Ags3d.SetPrimFilter(i, Ags3d_Filter_All);     // makes it visible and collidable

int inew = Ags3d.LoadModel("kitchen.obj"); //Also tried just "kitchen", no good result
  Ags3d.AddModel(inew, 0.0, 100.0, 0.0);
  Ags3d.SetPrimFilter(inew, Ags3d_Filter_All); // added later in desperation, no result either

Sorry to bother you with this, I'm sure it's something simple I'm not getting... btw, is there any limit as to how complex an OBJ file can be?

EDIT - BTW, for whoever needs the crosshair to go away, it's as simple as Ags3d.SetEditor(false);. I couldn't get any of the mouse cursors to show, but an easy workaround is to have a GUI that'll serve as your mouse. Check for, and change, the graphic in the GUI to set and change the cursor mode, and act accordingly, and all that.

BTW, Steve, in a very early form of Ags3d, the module form, I could, and it sure pleased me, code it so that the camera moves forward when I clicked a mouse button. Now I'm stuck with the keyboard. Think there's any chance of this coming back?

EDIT 2 - Steve, I'd just like to say that I'm curently using your module for a quick one-room game. I am amazed at the possibilities it offers, and since a lot of it is either un-documented or poorly documented (SetLightAmbientValue doesn't exist anymore, does it? ;) ), and am very curious as to what your plans at regarding the future of Ags3D. Apart from the above-mentioned and the camera-recording code, accourse. ;=

EDIT 3 - BUG - when in the editor, scaling a prim will default the minimal size for the "F/T" scale to 5.0, even if we'd resized it to a smaller size with right SHIFT (a great feature, pity it's undocumented, doesn't work with colours and has no correspondent por merely decimal values).

And two suggestions - it would be great if, in the editor, we could choose the face of the cube we want textured, and extremely great if we could edit lights the way we can edit prims. Setting up the lights can be quite a task, especially if, like me, you don't know the difference between Cone Radius, Directional, Point and Point Radius, and then have to blindly adjust the results manually in the script editor.

And Steve, the more I use the module/plugin the more impressed I am. It's amazing! You have truly excelled!

EDIT 4 - And it's a bit of a gamble whether setting a prim to a parent will work, and it seems that when exporting "SetPrimParent" the line in SCENE.TXT will refer to "FindPrimByTag", and I didn't necessarily use a tag...

...er, Steve, are you reading this thread at all?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

ncw14

FIXED sorry i wasnt reading tutorial

ncw14

fixed that but now this
i edited room made box earased the code put old one back so i could redo roof now it wont save
---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x7C901010 ; program pointer is +1007, ACI version 2.72.920, gtags (11,36)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and notify CJ on the Tech forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.
OK   

ncw14

i Fixed my problems but im thinking of making a game like doom so,

2 Questions - someone please answer

1.how could i get a Gun pointing from the camera like in any first person shooter you cant see yourself only your hand and the gun your aiming

2.i changed the scale of cubes to make stairs but how can i make it so that i can walk up them like the camera goes up, it wont let me walk up them only against them, it considers them a house or wall not stairs

ncw14

Quote from: Pablo on Sat 07/10/2006 15:22:45
In the new version the shadows aren't similiar to those in the screenshots anymore, which bugs me a lot. For example, if I make a box, two of the sides that should be shaded with a darker color are now plain black. I might be just missing something, but if I'm not, could you please fix this? :)
i have that same problem i thought it was just me
im not sure if its part of this problem but im trying to put a texture on the floor and none of the faces change at all

Dualnames

I've checking out the module/plugin and it's gorgeous.
Two things: some typos at the readme can be very not noob friendly
and the plugin can show to the user it's true usefulness and friendlyness if that user checks before blender. Blender is 2*infinity less friendly than this module.

Some things disturb me though but I'm on the beginning so i'll post them later..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Dualnames

Quote from: ncw14 on Thu 21/02/2008 21:16:09
i Fixed my problems but I'm thinking of making a game like doom so,

2 Questions - someone please answer

1.how could i get a Gun pointing from the camera like in any first person shooter you cant see yourself only your hand and the gun your aiming

2.i changed the scale of cubes to make stairs but how can i make it so that i can walk up them like the camera goes up, it wont let me walk up them only against them, it considers them a house or wall not stairs

You could put a rep_exec line like this:
int on=40;
float one=IntToFloat(on);
Ags3d.SetObjectPosition(Ags3d.GetCameraX(),Ags3d.GetCameraY()-one,Ags3d.GetCameraZ());
Ags3d.SetCameraRotation(180.0,0.0,0.0);

Then add an one key press function with two keys for strafing
//i think it might be the other way around
float left=IntToFloat(5);
float right=IntToFloat(5);
if (keycode==) {//left
Ags3d.SetCameraRotation(180.0+left,0.0,0.0);
}
if (keycode==) {//right
Ags3d.SetCameraRotation(180.0-right,0.0,0.0);
}
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Gius

Hi, 
in my game I want with the mouse click interact on some objects or character,
but I have this problem with Ags 3d: for interact with click the mouse an object I have to be very near and with a particular angling
and it works only in the center of the figure. 
It's  possible interact with click the mouse an object to so much distance and in an any point of the figure? 

thanks

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

It is. I don't recall exactly how, but I do remember it's in the manual.

Kneel. Now.

Gius

hi,
may be: function SetFirstPersonCollisionBox (floatHeight float, float radius, float height);?

is also used to interact with click the mouse?

thank you

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

function SetLookAtRange(float range);

function SetLookAtAngle(float degrees);

I would have thought the functions' names were self-explanatory. :P

Kneel. Now.

Gius

hi,   
I have added a cube with   
  int i = Ags3d.AddCube(0.0, 0.0, -5.0);       
  Ags3d.SetPrimScale(i, 1500.0, 1500.0, 0.0);     
  Ags3d.SetPrimColour(i, 0, 255, 0);               
  Ags3d.SetPrimFilter(i, Ags3d_Filter_All);     

is possible clicking this cube with the mouse
as interact object?   
thanks
Gius

Gius

Hello everyone,

how can I use AreThingsOverlapping
between a character and the "camera"?

Thank you
Gius

yarooze

I hope it is ok, that I dig out this thread. I hope this is the best place to ask questions to ags3d.  ::)

I played with ags3d and find it quite powerful.  But there is a big problem that annihilates all the cool sides of this addon for me. I can not activate mouse cursor for 2d stuff...  :'(

Ags3d works quite good as long my character walks in 3d world. But I can not use GUIs. The mouse cursor stucks in the middle of the screen and I can not press any GUI key...

Ags3d.SetFirstPerson();
  Ags3d.SetMouseLook(); 

This functions do not help. They freeze my character in 3d world, but my cursor stays stuck in the middle of the screen.  :-\

I wanna make normal AGS game and insert some 3d rooms in it. So I need some 2d rooms...

Ags3d.Set3d(false);

This function works fine at first, since I get my 2d room. But then the same problem with the mouse cursor.  :(

Ags3d.SetFirstPerson(true);
  Ags3d.SetMouseLook(true); 

This stuff helps me not either. The same problem like in the 3d world.

The only way to use mouse cursor, is to call some debug function. Like ctrl+x or ctrl+v.

So... Who knows how to solve this problem?  ::)
My Blog

Cpt Ezz

I want to marry your brain.....not in a gay way......my dream has finally  come true AGS IS 3D ;D ;D ;D(sort of)
You rock

Invalid

I am wanting somebody to continuasly follow the camera and this is the code i came up with:

//in repetedly execute
float playerx=Ags3d.GetCameraX();
float playery=Ags3d.GetCameraY();
float playerz=Ags3d.GetCameraZ();
int intplayerx=FloatToInt(playerx, eRoundNearest);
int intplayery=FloatToInt(playery, eRoundNearest);
int intplayerz=FloatToInt(playerz, eRoundNearest);
cperson.Walk(intplayerx, intplayery, eNoBlock, eAnywhere);

but when i do, the person just stands still and plays the walking animation
I need some help

Wonkyth

I just gave this a little tinker, but after a few indescribable things happened it gave me this:

Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x10004795 ; program pointer is +6, ACI version 3.12.1074, gtags (0,36)

I probably should post this error in the tech forum, but I haven't got time at the moment, and I thought this might be a known problem.

All I did was follow the instructions... :-\
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk