Alpha-X : Project SMASH

Started by esper, Thu 11/01/2007 04:56:33

Previous topic - Next topic

esper

Welps, I've been gone for quite a while, but I've decided to make a new game in AGS. Be introduced to the world of ALPHA-X.

You play as Rhys Dryden, a detective working in the drug investigation department of Bureau 6 in the year 2195. Your job is to track down users and dealers of the dangerous drug known as SMASH. Now, reports are coming in that Zeke Russell, the only SMASH dealer ever to give you the slip, has killed a member of your team, and it's time to bring him in for good. Investigate the seedy underbelly of Neo York City, uncovering the illicit ring of drugs, prostitution, and murder.

In the office of the chief getting your assignment.

The downtown scene in the old sector of Neo York.

Alpha-X: Project SMASH is actually the prequel to what I hope will be a much larger game with more features and a much deeper story.
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

Steel Drummer

Looks nice. However, the graphics are mismatched because the third screenshot is sort of 3d-ish, while the second screen looks like a paintbrush hi-res art style.
I'm composing the music for this game:

ManicMatt

ooh, your custom GUI that you showed me, in effect!

I like the second screenshot the most!

You sure like the dark, don't you Esper?  ;) Although, it's a bit TOO dark!

"Neo York"! Nice!  ;D

esper

I thought I'd stop in and show the whole GUI in action. So, without further ado, el screenshot:

The monitor on the right is, obviously, inventory, and the monitor on the left allows you to scan objects in the room and to interact with them. The scanner option is presently up and focused on the light... however, I hadn't yet scanned the lights because I wanted to show another feature, which is the automatic scan of every room upon entry.

The "menu" button brings up the save, load, and quit options in another specialized window which I don't want to take the bandwidth (or, let's be truthful here, the time) to post.

p.s.: the glowing snake is a crowbar and the anime-style shoulder armor with the star design is your Bureau 6 badge.

Jon

This looks great! Good luck with this.

esper

All right, it's up and running. Here you go: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=837 , or go to the completed games page. I ran into a little bit of a problem with the site I was hosting it on not working and featuring NSFW ads, but it's all taken care of now... So download and enjoy.

ciborium

It all looks good...

Except the default text!

Maybe you should use the digital font you used in the title screen and inventory for your speech text.

Darth Mandarb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk