The Book (working title, probably will change) UPDATE 03/12/07

Started by Steel Drummer, Mon 12/03/2007 03:45:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Drummer

Kingdom Games presents:

The Book [/i] (working title) 

Storyline:

We find our main character in his old age; feeble, weak, useless. But he still has a tale or two to tell of his glory days, and he intends to chronicle all of his life. This is the first part of his tale. Our intrepid hero-to-be finds himself dangling from a cliff's edge, with his whole life below him. His grip loosens, and he feels himself slipping. He falls prey to gravity, and he feels the full force of it. The fall seems like an eternity to him. Where does he end up? That's for me to know, and for you to find out.

PROGRESS:

Story: 10%
Sprites: 1%
Backgrounds: 4%
GUI: 0%
Scripting: 0%
Music: 0%

I know that it's a bit early to be posting about this, but I feel like this game is going to turn out a lot better than my previous game.

Features:

• Two separate soundtracks- MIDI and MP3, all with unique songs for each score!

• Very low resolution character art!

• An epic game with over 30 backgrounds and a full-length musical score!

• AND much, much more!

Screenshots (these backgrounds are still WIP):

I am DESPERATELY in need of a scripter (or scripters), and for someone to do the GUI. A MIDI musician might help too, as I am better with MP3 than MIDI. I'll post more info on the game when I have more ready.
UPDATE: 
March 12/2007
A new team member has signed on. Maverick is going to do scripting and GUI. I am also planning on either updating the graphics for the final release, or else releasing a deluxe version of the game (for free, of course). I am in need of background artists, as my backgrounds don't quite fit what I have in mind for the game. If anyone wants to do backgrounds, PM me, and I'll send you a copy of the game storyline with a list of locations/etc. I have also shortened how many areas will be in the game from around 30 backgrounds to about 20-25 backgrounds.
I'm composing the music for this game:

Da_Elf

I was working on a movie a long time ago called the book. if you need an opening sequence here is how mine looked. never did end up finishing that film (never did end up properly starting it either hehe)
http://www.elfpro3d.com/Gallery/book.mpg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk