Ivy got a website

Started by The Ivy, Fri 30/03/2007 19:39:15

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ivy

Hey All!

After two months in the works, I'm happy to present my website,

www.LivelyIvy.com

Thanks to my friend and web guy Tim, the site has a blog page, stuff about my game(s?), my comics from the 2006-2007 year, and some other random extras. I hope to eventually turn it into an AGS resource, complete with sprite tutorials, background stuff, and my hopeless attempts to learn scripting. I'm accepting suggestions for the first tutorial, so feel free to post a comment if you've got any ideas.

Cheers!

~The Ivy~

ManicMatt

Hey!

I like how the fairy is doing something different within each section!

I would be nice if you catoragized the comics so I can either click on a thumbnail to choose, a type of cartoon (Animals, humans, the flatmates cartoon etc), or at least a section split up by dates. If you've amassed loads it'll take someone all day to flick through them.

I also like the subject lines in each section too!

LimpingFish

Nice work, Ivy.

Clear layout and easy to browse.

Good stuff. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Stupot

Cool site ivy... can't wait until there are some tutes on there.

Miez

Great website... very clear and pleasant. Now go and animate that fairy! ;)

voh

The website is awesome, BUT!

Your comics are HUGE. In the size-way, not the dimensions-way.

http://livelyivy.com/wp-content/uploads/comics/20.jpg

That one is 535k, and it's black and white :o

You really should consider going for 8-bit PNG, or even GIF, compared to JPG. Photos = JPG, other graphics = PNG/GIF :)

Just a helpful tip ^_^
Still here.

The Ivy

Thanks for the feedback guys, I had a lot of fun coming up with the design. I originally wanted the tower graphic to change for the style of each page (e.g. a cartoon tower for the comics page, a pixellated tower for the games page), but the fairy ended up working better than I thought. I may eventually animate the fairy so she goes through one loop of an animation when you open a page, but I figured I'd devote my creative energy to games for a while. :)

Voh, I'll definitely look into the smaller image sizes, although that might not happen for a while. I guess I take my high-speed internet for granted. :-,

voh

The reason I noticed was because it took longer than 3 seconds to load :P

But I'd be happy to change all your images from JPG to PNG, just zip 'm up and send 'm, and you'll have them back before monday, no fuss :p
Still here.

Nine Toes

Watch, I just killed this topic...

Sheepisher

Hurrah!  Web-presence!

Congrats on getting the site up and running, The Ivy.  Several of the comics made me chuckle out loud - especially the "Orange Drink commerical" and the "Heav-o-lution" poster (I'm somewhere at the bottom of that left-hand tree, roasting merrily ...).

Also, is it me, or does "Man-Man Man" bear more than a passing resemblance to Stan Lee?  :)

Good luck on finishing your oh-so-secret game soon - I look forward to playing it!
"Like a balloon and ... something bad happens!"

m0ds

Nice site! LivelyIvy is a great name :D

The Ivy

Thanks for the support, guys.  ;D

I'm glad you like my comics, Sheepisher. The last two of the semester will be posted tomorrow, although I'll try to keep doing new stuff over the summer. Heh, and the resemblance to Stan Lee is purely accidental.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk