Cascade Failure - Missed most of my deadlines

Started by Akatosh, Mon 02/04/2007 15:58:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Akatosh

A game for this month's mags competition.

* Play as the Experimental Synthetic Warfare Neohuman AI!
* Run internal functions! Yay!
* Defend the science vessel Von Grun!
* Comes with its own list of colors used! (Black, Light/Dark Green, Light/Dark Blue, Light/Dark Red)
* Thrilling plot. Wheee!

Progress:

Planned:
Thrilling plot - 100%
Graphics - ~75% (There aren't too much)
Puzzles - 100%
Masses of references and interesting acronymes: Yes. (For example: X.S.W.N. can also be read as Xerxes Shodan Wintermute Neuromancer)

Actually done:
Thrilling plot: ~30%
Graphics: ~50%
Puzzles: ~20%
Masses of references and interesting acronymes: Yup.

Finishing date:
ETA is April 26th  :=

It may seem like a very short game now - regarding how much I've done in such a short period of time - but trust me: It won't will be one. (sorry)

-7th of April-
Yay, update! Two new screenshots available... well, okay, one is an updated version of an old one. Also, I've finished the plot outline.

-14th of April-
Another update for today. The game will be quite a bit shorter than originally planned, sorry. But to not make you too angry, there's a new screenshot in the post down there. Okay, it is that room again, but from a different scene this time.

-22nd of April-
I managed to miss most of my deadlines - hooray - so only an incomplete version will be ready for the mAGS competition. Sorry. But anyway, that incomplete version shall be fun! (I hope)

Akatosh

Update bump. Also, reveal of the name of that strange green guy - Johnson Barabas. Y'know. Barabas.

Jon

This looks good, I can't wait to play!

Fee

Nice work especially since its only for a comp. Makes my game look all the more terrible :(

Barabas? As in who do we set free?  Jesus Barabbas or Jesus Christ?

monkey0506

Skrew off and die Acatosh!!!!111

:) Thanks for considering hijacking my ideas!

P.S. The game looks GGreat.ish.

Akatosh

As promised. Here's a new screenie. Yes, it is THAT room again, but from a different scene this time. Notice the new label in the upper right edge and the unfriendly-looking red thing.

Akatosh

Update again - a not so good one this time  :P. Check first post for details.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk