This Is A Job For El Presidente! - Trailer!

Started by Akatosh, Sat 05/05/2007 19:33:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Akatosh

Like Cascade Failure, this is going to be a mAGS entry. Unlike Cascade Failure, I'm going to finish it in time (I hope). Also unlike Cascade Failure, it's not on hold.

Yeah, well, screw that.

Screenshots

Story Outline

Setting

Bet you've always wanted to play as the, ahem, "democratically elected and loved" Presidente of a small tropical island.

/EDIT:
There is a new screenshot available.

/EDIT EDIT:

Look, it's News With El Presidente!

/EDIT EDIT EDIT:
You can watch the UPDATED trailer here.
Let it run for a few ten seconds before clicking play. Theme tune is BBC's world news theme tune.

LUniqueDan

QuoteBet you've always wanted to play as the, ahem, "democratically elected and loved" Presidente of a small tropical island.

Oh Yeah !

Will your game be pure adventure? Or it will mix some minimum RPG/Management stuff? I do see a lots of town around.
Anyway : Sounds fun. :D

Definitively my kind of game - as long as 'El Presidente' stay as lovely cynical as the screenshots you post.

I'm Looking foward for this game.

LUnique"Nietzsche's not dead"Dan
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Akatosh

It'll probably contain a very little bit of military management. And yes, El Presidente *is* cynic like that  ;)

Steel Drummer

This looks great! I love your style, Akatosh. Oh, and 'were' in "That's were most of the trade between Yankees, Commies, and Europeans are" should be 'where', not 'were'.
I'm composing the music for this game:

Akatosh

I already got PM'ed on that... but thanks anyway. I should probably fix it  ;)

Also, I'm glad to see you like that style. I takes a bit more work than my old style, but seems like it payed of.

Dan_N

Akatosh, this sounds like a really fun Evil Genius-esque game, I wish you good luck with it. Can't wait for it!

Although, I'd really like to see this developed into more than just a MAGS game. Maybe after you finish it, you might want to make a deluxe version or a sequel that combines more RPG/number-based strategy games that I seem to love so much/management with adventure.

Anyway, good luck again with it, this is surely a game I'll play.

ankushm999

Wow the graphics are simple yet lovely and that map surely shows that this will be a good game. I will definitely play it when it is out! Btw, akatosh how old are you?

Jon

Quote from: ankushm999 on Tue 08/05/2007 20:15:05Btw, akatosh how old are you?
Check his profile.

Back onto topic, this looks good Akatosh. But I have a question; how long will this game be?

Akatosh

I'm 16. And I fear the mAGS-edition won't bee too long (due to Real Life and discovering a N64-Emulator intereference), but looking at the kind of feedback I get, I'll probably extend it a bit afterwards... if you say "please"  ;)

Dan_N

Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with lots and lots of C++ coding on top. And also, why just a bit? This sounds like a brilliant game...

LUniqueDan

[lame_Spanish_accent_with_a_touch_of_french]
Please, pretty please with particles of Yankees, Commies and some citizens on top.
[/lame_Spanish_accent_accent_with_a_touch_of_french]

LUnique"I voted for you El Presidente. Now, about this gun in my mouth..." Dan
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.

Akatosh

A little detail giveaway time!

Spoiler

That yankee government decided to investigate the case of the two lost yankee agents. Bwah. Where is the TIS (Tropican Intelligence Service) when you need them?
[close]

Also, there is a General y Mota in the game. Anyone recognising the name?  :=

/EDIT: HIDE tags, Akatosh. HIDE tags. It still isn't a difficult concept.

LUniqueDan

:=

For the
Spoiler
T.I.S
[close]

Now, honestly for El General... I dunno  ???
EDIT : I don't got it. :(

Akatosh

General y Mota! Tequila y Mota! Apperantly, nobody else reads the books that I read.  :P

Anyway, minor update: The game contains ninjas now. Hooray, ninjas!

Dan_N

Quote from: Akatosh on Thu 17/05/2007 15:01:36General y Mota! Tequila y Mota! Apperantly, nobody else reads the books that I read.  :P

Anyway, minor update: The game contains ninjas now. Hooray, ninjas!
Ninjas are pretty cool. But I prefer pirates.

LUniqueDan

HOORAY Ninjas!

QuoteNinjas are pretty cool. But I prefer pirates.

nah...  Ninjas can throw stars. While pirate's standard shovels have a lower range of action. All south-american dictatorship banned pirates anyway but never ever said a word against ninjas. I swear.

Ninjas are pretty cool. But I prefer psychoanalysts.

Can we have Guerilleros who raid village to buy Sandwiches? Please Please Pretty Please with Woody Allen false beard on Top?

Akatosh

Since I missed the mAGS due to my ISP being struck by lightning or something anyway, this will get a bit bigger, anyway.

Jon

Yay! I secretly hoped that you would miss the deadline, so that you would extend this game  :)

Akatosh

Dan_N

Well, if it'll be bigger and better, then it'll be worth the wait, go Akatosh!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk