The Mars Initiative

Started by Recluse, Sat 28/07/2007 20:12:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Sounds interesting.
I'm looking forward to this one.

Recluse

I am currently looking for a talented Artist who would enjoy working on this project. I AM looking for someone with experience, though their style doesn't necessarily have to be complex or realistic. I am looking to keep the graphics for this game relatively simple and "old" looking. We are searching for an artist who will be willing to take this project all the way through to completion, and enjoy doing it.

You may apply by PMing me via these forums.

Please do not apply without sending me a link to what you've done, or mentioning the AGS games you have worked on.
All your verbcoin are belong to us.

m0ds

Yo, how come you're looking for an artist now? It seemed like whoever was doing the art before was doing a great job...

Recluse

Well, truthfully, there's not much more to be done... I did most of the art before, and now that the game has come down to the nitty-gritty programming stage I'm really getting more involved in that. I'd like to be able to hand off the art to someone else and focus on the programming...

Note: Most of the background art IS done... I've got a couple of rooms left, and animations, that's all.

Cinfa

May I add some newer screenshot?

ShadeJackrabbit

I believe so. Recluse didn't tell me off... so...

Oh, and so you guys know, I was doing a lot of the art before, but... I don't like doing rooms, so we needed to hire Cinfa, who is way better anyways.

Cinfa

Updated Chem Lab

Recluse

We've got our artist, Cinfa. So we now officially have an Italian, a Texan, and a Canadian working on this game. (Sounds like a bad joke, right?). Cinfa is proving to be amazing, he's already completed several full 3d animations for cutscenes, which will DEFINITELY make it into the final product. I'm absolutely thrilled with his involvement. Right now we're working on finishing the graphics stage of production, after which we'll plow right into the programming stage. I've got the storyboard almost completely done, all that's left is some minor details on the very last scene. Other than that, things are working out beautifully.

And a demo won't probably be ready until sometime next year. But this is turning out to be a high quality game, and I plan on keeping it that way. School is bogging all of us down, but that's expected, pretty much all of our free time is devoted to the project, so rest assured, we're going as fast as we can.

Buckethead

I already thought this looked promising, but now it's even better  :D

Cinfa

OK guys. We're stuck due to various problems.

We need someone who can take care of the plot for this game, as we sort of already have a scripter and the graphics is done about 90% (I don't have yet all inventory items, as I have no finished story...)

So please, this could be a good game, but we need someone to help out for the story and quests.

Mster24

This game sounds and looks so... cool! I can't wait for the demo to arrive!   ;D

Cinfa

Thanks, but we're still looking for help.

EDIT: We should have found enough people now, thanks everybody!

Cinfa

The new Engineering room.

Recluse

ShadeJackrabbit

Recluse, I think the only thing I can say is that we've been holding the project back... perhaps stepping down was a really good idea.

Looks purely amazing guys.

Cinfa

Title screen preview:

EDIT: I changed its fonts on Jan 22nd.

Galen

Purty.
I dunno about the rounded font, I suppose it's nice and clear though.

Cinfa

m0ds

The old font was certainly more dramatic... I really like the new artwork! :D

Cinfa

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 21/01/2008 00:57:07
The old font was certainly more dramatic... I really like the new artwork! :D
I agree, but it seems the "Marlboro" font.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk