TEMPLATE: CMI-Style SCUMM GUI V2 - Remixed - Reloaded - Reborn v1.00

Started by Dualnames, Sat 15/09/2007 22:23:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

CMI-Style SCUMM GUI V2 - Remixed - Reloaded - Reborn

Author: Jim Spanos(Dualnames)

Abstract: Implements a highly modifiable gui system similar to the one used in the game "Curse Of Monkey Island".

15/9/2007. First Release. v1.00

This template will help you and understand this whole thing in a better way.Most of this code was made by Tom Vandepoele.
I'm not by any way taking any credit except for being able to fix it and making it work a little better.
The GUI's images, the background images character images, gun inventory image, and cursor image
are property of Sho-Ryu-Ken corp. Please don't use them on your game. Please.

Download it here:(12,5kb)
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Scumm_Gui_REMIXED.zip

NEWS:
Well, I know Tom was busy with his game so I took the liberty of re-arranging the code. Inside the zip file there is a txt file and a gui. Read the txt and do as instructed. Have fun.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ghost

Call me spoiled, but I'd preferred a ready-to-use template. The information in the readme explains well how to set up a game, but I think it'll be a bit unwieldy for newcomers- and a CMI gui is usually on top of their list.

On the other hand, once set up, that template really *is* very good! Thank you for sharing!

Rincew1nd

Hello, was a template ever release for this as i really would like a Monkey Island 3 GUI, but the readme is terrably confusing to me.
Sploosh

Electroshokker

Quote from: Rincew1nd on Mon 07/01/2008 19:43:14
Hello, was a template ever release for this as i really would like a Monkey Island 3 GUI, but the readme is terrably confusing to me.

see http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=32745.0

My template is included in the new AGS 3.0 release. (Dualnames used the code from my older 1.1 version, I believe)

I highly recommend using my template, since it's easy to use, shows off all features and is neatly documented in the latest AGS 3.0 (RC4) help file.

Rincew1nd

Sploosh

Dualnames

Thanks a lot. Try Electroshokker's version it might suit you best.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Rincew1nd

I actually took the images you used and pasted ontop of his.

Suits me fine :)
Sploosh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk