The Blackwell Convergence - Now available!

Started by Dave Gilbert, Tue 18/12/2007 22:04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 15/01/2009 02:10:15
At this rate people will be able to play the game like a choose your own adventure just from browsing the thread!

If Rosa walks into the bar, turn to page 4.

If she decides to go to the apartments instead, turn to page 2.

Right. I need some tip, I need to talk to the barman, which page to I go to?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ThreeOhFour

Monique's character sprite may possibly be the single greatest sprite anyone has ever drawn ever.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Flattery will get you everywhere, Ben ^_^.

Vel

Well, those last screenshots look better than anything in any of your games, Dave. Let's hope the final product lives up to it!

Dave Gilbert

I took some time and made a video trailer for the game.

WATCH IT HERE.

Game should be done by June.

Vince Twelve

Anticipation... rising...

Unable... to type... without... ellipsis...

Privateer Puddin'

As always looks great, but I think the extra resources for art has made it even better! Can't wait.

magintz

:=

Looking good, I'm anticipating this even more than ECC.

Definitely come a long way since Bestowers :)
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Buckethead

Very sweet. Looks very much like my fantasies about how my games should look  :)

Stee

I want it!!!!I want it!!!!I want it!!!!I want it!!!!I want it!!!!I want it!!!!I want it!!!!I want it!!!!I want it!!!!
;D

<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Dualnames

Woot, an update, about time man. Looks lovely...
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Dave Gilbert

Lil update.  The game is now at beta  and seems to be on track for a end o' June release.

-Dave

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Joey's workin' overtime to punch-out this release.

joelphilippage

I don't think Rosa's character portrait has as much personality as the old one and doesn't look much like her. I'd like to see it closer to the original, but that's just my opinion.

papirnehezek

I have just tried the first two episodes, and I really like them. The Blackwell story is something very original. I'm really looking forward to the third episode, the demo was fantastic with the new graphics, and I also like the new voice-over much more than the original.
Keep up the good work!+!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I'd have to disagree with you joel, not that this is the CL or the place to say what we like/don't like.  I think Ian's done an exceptional job with the portraits, and they have a less cartoony but more colorful look to them compared to Legacy.  I think that when you see the rest of the portraits in game it will look more coherent, but tastes vary.

xenogia

I'd have to agree with ProgZmax, and to be honest over the past 8 years that I've been checking out AGS this has to be the best looking game I have seen using the engine.

Takyon

Can't wait for this one. I wish the stop watch was just invisible though so I didn't have to see it every time, am I the only one who thinks this?
ghost.

Matti

Quote from: J. Man on Thu 14/05/2009 00:00:06
I wish the stop watch was just invisible though so I didn't have to see it every time

Agreed.

Dave Gilbert

I've produced a few cartoon shorts as a way to promote the new Blackwell game.  It's been in the works for awhile, but the first episode is up!

Blackwell Cartoon #1: "On the Town"

Joey encourages Rosa to get out more, with interesting results.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk