Castle of Fire - RELEASED! 2.8.08

Started by Snake, Thu 27/12/2007 14:44:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

Castle of Fire: Attributed to the Atari 2600 game, Dragonfire.

The objective of Castle of Fire
Run, jump and dodge your way across castle bridges and make your way into the dungeons. You must collect as many treasures as you can while gaining a highscore.

Screenshots

Disclaimer: The game has a brightness control so you can adjust the brightness - the bridge scene looks very dark in the screenshots above and especially in the video.

Teaser Trailer
I made a teaser trailer and posted it on YouTube when the game was about 50% finished. Some scenes have changed (lava dragon taken out and etc...).
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H2Wj0wde0yc

--Snake

NEWS: 2.8.08
CASTLE OF FIRE WILL BE RELEASED TODAY!
Can't wait, guys! I'm going to pick through it and do last-minute polishing and release it!
NEWS: 2.7.08
"RELEASE DATE!"
Castle of Fire is now 99.9% complete and will be released before Monday!
I'm still awaiting a responce from Hammerblade.
I made a promotional poster for CoF  today.
I hope you like it.

NEWS: 1.28.08
ALMOST DONE WITH MUSIC AND HIGHSCORES!
The music is over half completed and the highscores screen is just about done too!
This game should be release some time soon!

NEWS: 1.11.08
MIDI MUSICIAN FOUND!
Wootily Woot! HammerBlade will be doing the music for this game. I gave him a list of songs with what I need and he said he'll start later on today.
Also, "Thank You" to the other musicians that threw me some samples! Thanks for having an interest :)

Highscores Screen - When writing your score just doesn't cut it...
Colxfile (Secret Quest Remake) is currently working on Castle of Fire's highscore screen. He's already updated it twice and it works nicely. So now the scores will be kept inside the game itself and you don't have to worry about writing it down and losing it ;)

2 New screenshots!
Check them out below. There you can see your thief climbing to upper levels of the castle while avoiding a monsoon of fireballs and you also get to see those fearsome Double Dragons!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Oddysseus

I enjoyed the little teaser trailer.

It's always nice to see people using AGS for things besides point-n-click adventures.  Thinking outside the box and pushing boundaries and shifting paradigms and all that.

Also, congrats on finishing a game! I'm very jealous glad for you.

GreenBoy

Buckethead

looks quite awsome. Alot of work must have gone into it.  :D

Snake

Thanks for the congrats! It's very exciting!

The music in the trailer is by JDinky too, he rocks on guitar and asked him to do the MIDI music for the actual game.

Yes, a lot of work indeed. I started it last year and only after a couple rooms I lost interest.
Then I picked it up a few months ago and didn't stop - I've had the most fun scripting this game! I hope you all enjoy it :)

I'm thinking of releasing it at a "premature release". I've already put other music into it from Journey to Silius (NES) and Castlevania 1 & 3 (NES) while I wait for the real music.

Another cool thing is that when I sent it to JDinky to use for making the music it zipped up to only 1 something MBs. Pretty cool.

--Snake

Colxfile

Wow! I am so looking forward to this! :D

PM me if you still need some assistance with a high-score screen, I might be able to help.

Well done on nearly finishing!
Always carry a UV marker pen with you. When you go to a shop or a friend's house, if you see something you like, put your name and postcode on it. If it gets stolen and subsequently recovered, the police will get in touch with you so that they can 'return' it.

Snake

Hey, guys,

Colxfile:
If you are interested in making the highscores screen, this is what I want:
First off, I'd like it so nobody can fool with their scores - I don't them able to open the file and write them in.
Secondly, I want just a basic screen with the highest score on top, just like at the arcade.
Thirdly, I want them to be able to put in their name, at most I think maybe 5 characters, ie; Snake, Joe, Dummy, Julio...
If you can do this I'll send the game to you so you can script it in, then I can make the graphics when you send the game back to me.
I'm also using AGS 2.72 - hopefully, that's okay with you.

Musician Needed:
JDinky is unable to create the music so if anybody is interested, please let me know here or by PM. A couple samples would be nice.
Here's the sound I'm looking for: Dark, fast-paced, and midievil-ish/rock-ish.
If any of that made sence to you, please get back to me so I can release this stupid game ;)

--Snake

Snake

Bump.

Colxfile is currently working on the highscores screen and I've got somebody working on some sample music for me.

If anybody else is still interested in doing the music, please PM me or post here.

--Snake

Thaatiba

I am interested making music.   ::)
Do you want just rock/heavy-ish stuff,
or could it be more fantasy-medieval oriented?  :)

Snake

All of the above except fantacy.

I'm thinking along the lines of Castlevania 3, the level 1 tune.

Thanks for taking an interest :)

--Snake

MYKAYEL

This game looks like it's gonna be fun. ^^ Any traps and monsters?

Snake

In a couple dungeons there are spikes, dissapearing/reappearing bridges (first screenshot), FireGuys and opening/closing lava pits (like in Pitfall!). And of course the Dragons :)

--Snake

MYKAYEL

COOL!  ;D
I'm definitely going to play this one. I hope you make an awesome game, good luck and do your best!

PS: Also like the graphics btw  ;)

Snake

Thank you :=

The game is finished, I'm just waiting on music and the highscore screen :)
I can't wait until it's released!

I hope you all enjoy it...

--Snake

yarooze

It looks great!  :=

Since I don't really like this kind of game (may be 'cause I'm not very good on playing them - it is to fast) ;) I like the graphic!
My Blog

Snake

Hello everybody,

The first post is updated with some news. If you'd like, please visit it and read :)

Enjoy,

--Snake

nihilyst

The trailer is awesome. Can't wait to play it.

Jon

This looks great! Can't wait to play it.

NiksterG

Wow! I'm impressed. Looks really good! It's cool that AGS can be used for more than point and click games. And the movement looks so smooth! Nice job.  ;D
Check out my games! (Not all made with AGS)

Snake

Yes, I'm very pleased with the movement myself, very smooth indeed and very easy to control :)

--Snake

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk