The Curse of Life ENGLISH VERSION

Started by Tequila144, Fri 11/01/2008 11:42:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Tequila144

DOWNLOAD ENGLISH VERSION: http://thecol.altervista.org/TheCurseOfLife.rar
(if the download doesn't work, copy link and paste it in bar address of your browser ))

AGS gamedatabase page here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?category=&action=detail&id=1144&refresh1237515618

HISTORY: 
A journalist will write the better article of his life but the events bring him to fight against a curse! 
I don't anticipate you other.

STYLE and FEATURES: 
This is a light and amusing adventure, the atmosphere not  serious but pleasant and nice (I believe that all the AG should be so)...   
It isn't  a fan-game (the history and characters are new ) but in the game there are small homages for the adventures that have made to dream in this years. 

*320x240 resolution 16-bit 
* Interface simil-SCUMM 
* Third person 
*More than 20 visitable room 
*More than 20 dialogs
*50 objects to interact 
* More than 15 characters. 
* Graphics is new to 99,1% (only a background  is rip and many modificated from an existing game, you guess what...) 
* Music and Sound is compressed in mp3 (the music created first on midi and then compress to mp3) 
*Italian (default) / English

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: 
I haven't play the game on Windows 95/98/Me/Vista, I have play it  only  on XP
Supports all DirectX-compatible sound and video cards 
Use full screen (recommended) 
25 Mb hard disk space 

Resolution: 320x240 at 16-bit color 
Size:  16 Mb (file exe of installation ) 
I have tested it many time and i correct the bug that i've find . If you find new bug or malfunctions, please contact me.

DOWNLOAD ITALIAN VERSION:  http://www.adventuresplanet.it/freegames/InstallaTCoL.exe

DOWNLOAD ENGLISH VERSION: http://thecol.altervista.org/TheCurseOfLife.rar
(copy link and paste it in bar address of your browser )

bicilotti

The game is graphically well done (expecially the BGs) and has some very, very witty dialogues. I hope the author will come up with an english translation as soon as possible, it would please many "international" gamers!

Looks pretty neat, cant wait for the translation.

Just one question though, are you sure that your midi files were compressed and not infact inflated by converting them to MP3, since that would surely be a world first?

Tequila144

Quote from: Guest on Fri 11/01/2008 15:51:44
Looks pretty neat, cant wait for the translation.

Just one question though, are you sure that your midi files were compressed and not infact inflated by converting them to MP3, since that would surely be a world first?

I've recorded them with sound-forge and save them as *.mp3 ;)

QuoteI've recorded them with sound-forge and save them as *.mp3 ;)

But surely the original .mid file is actually smaller in size than the resulting .mp3? I mean the mp3 format was never intended to compress midi files. Sure, if you convert the .mid to .wav first then the .mp3 will be smaller than the .wav, but the .mid file is surely smallest of all. Since AGS will happily play midi files your game would infact be a smaller download using midi than mp3, no?

Just to add that after I re-read my posts I thought I would mention that I am not trying to be awkward or anything, I'm just curious thats all :) I also noticed I use the word "surely" way too much!

Tequila144

Yes, is obvious that midi file are smallar than mp3... 
But I had some music in midi and others in mp3..  and i converted all in mp3... ;)

Fair enough, it's your game and your choice of course ;D

I look forward to the English translation.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I almost wish you wouldn't translate it. Nevertheless, if you do, make sure to get it proofread by a native speaker - the original text is just too good! Best to have good writing in a lesser known language than to have sub-par writing in a translation.

I am stuck on the first room right now, mostly because I'm sleepy and really should be getting to bed, but it was enough for me to love the game. Actually, talking to the Guybrush portrait was enough to make me love the game!

No, actually, it might have been reading "Non è muorto ciò che dorme".

...heck, it was all of it! I've only seen the first room and already I love the game! :D
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Tequila144

Thanks. 
I have not understand if you are Italian... 

I owe for strength translate it, otherwise many people in this forum don't download it. 

Now, the game have some bugs but you can  finished it without problems.

The English version will be without bug and I looking for a good translator!!!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Portuguese, taking Italian classes as part of my singing course. It's enough for me to understand it, and Italian's certainly easier than trying to decipher the Maniac Mansion Mania series (german). ;)

And looking at your English... yeah, do get a good translator. Just make sure he does a good job, worthy of your original text.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

sthomannch

And Rui
Spoiler

have a good look at the plant, lower right corner, and you find something that helps you to get out of the lobby
[close]

Come mai Tequila e no Grappa?

Tequila144

Quote from: sthomannch on Mon 14/01/2008 02:00:21

Come mai Tequila e no Grappa?

La grappa è per i perdenti. 8)

Is online the version without (i hope) bugs and new dialogs. 
Url:   http://www.adventuresplanet.it/freegames/InstallaTCoL.exe

I need of a  translator!

LuciferSam86

fantastic game!  ;D
i need more games  :=
God is Real, unless declared Integer

Vince

Bel gioco complimenti. Se non hai ancora trovato un traduttore mi offro volentieri io. Sono italiano, ma il mio inglese e' ottimo, e ho anche all'attivo una traduzione amatoriale (dall'Inglese all Italiano pero'! :), Jedi Outcast).

Chiaramente il tutto andrebbe rivisto da un madrelingua inglese, ma si tratterebbe solo di correggere gli errori.

Dimmi cosa ne pensi,

Vincenzo

Vince

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Mon 14/01/2008 00:01:55
Portuguese, taking Italian classes as part of my singing course. It's enough for me to understand it, and Italian's certainly easier than trying to decipher the Maniac Mansion Mania series (german). ;)

I hear you bro !

Great way to learn German, though :)

Tequila144

Ok Vince..
Ti ho mandato un e-mail.

Abisso

Grande lavoro Tequila, sono contento per te. Quando vuoi, mandami il file txt da tradurre e lo faro'. Tieni presente che ora sono un po' incasinato, ma dato che sei un amico, cerchero' di fare il prima possibile.

Se hai particolari raccomandazioni da fare su certi significati o sul modo in cui vuoi che traduca cose intraducibili (certe battute, se ci sono) fammelo sapere chiaramente. E dimmi anche se vuoi una traduzione fedele o libera.

Great work, Tequila, I'm pretty happy for you. Whenever you want, send me the txt file to translate, and I'll work on it. Keep in mind that, at the moment, I've got a lot of duties, but since I consider you a friend, I'll do the job as soon as I can.

If you've got particular recommendations on some words, or the way you want some not-translatable phrases to be interpreted (some jokes, if there's any), just let me know. And tell me if you want a perfect or free translation,too.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Tequila144

Grande Abisso!
Come hai potuto vedere anche Vince mi ha chiesto di poter tradurre..
Se tu sei troppo impegnato e non ce la fai a farla, posso anche passarla a lui oppure posso dividere il carico della traduzione tra voi due..
Fammi sapere te, visto che già  da tempo avevi chiesto di tradurre il gioco e spetta a te prendere la decisione.

Sorry if i don't translate the message...

Abisso

Mi farebbe molto piacere fare la traduzione del tuo gioco e cerchero' di essere veloce. Mi spiace pero' per Vince. Ad ogni modo una traduzione combinata non e' una buona idea.
Decidi tu dato che e' il tuo gioco.

It'd be a pleasure to translate your game, and I'll try to be quick. But I'm sorry for Vince.
Anyway, a combined translation is not a good idea.
The decision is up to you, since the game is yours.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk