Craft of Evil - Update 16-06-2008! BETA testers needed!

Started by Buckethead, Wed 26/03/2008 17:59:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckethead

The story

You are being blackmailed by tough guy Ryan to retrieve an ancient artifact from a mysterious mansion. With fear for your live you do as you are told. But when you arrive at the mansion you soon find out that there are far more worse things then Ryan...

Screens

The process

Puzzles:   100%
Story:       90%
Audio:       95%
Overall:     95%

Some facts

- The backgrouds get created with the help of Unreal ed 2.0
- The game uses 640x480 resolution
- The game is sort of in first person view
- The textures used for production are from: UT, Harry potter2,
and my own hand.
- The game has a gamma slider!  ;)

Snake

Looks creepy :)

Looking forward to more when you get it done!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

i k a r i

First screenshot is an architectural mess xD. Though I like it, and you achieved the creepy feeling perfectly O_O
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

ShadeJackrabbit

Looks spooky! Great job on the room with the bookshelves.

Mr.T

Looking great I especially like the 2 last screenshots  ;)

auriond

This is looking really good! Though the storyline is a little generic, but I'm interested to know what form the horror in the mansion is going to take :)

Buckethead

Thanks for the comments so far. I hope the final product will get recieved quite as good  :) I agree that the story is not much good. The intro is also short and not very well made. I was thinking of hiring someone to polish the story a bit.

ginanubismon

I like it, but do I detect a little influence from the 7th guest?
"I shall call thee, Roger Ellison David Nicouli Etcher Calvin Kevin Sue in honor of what kind of a big jack@$$ you had been to guys like me." ADR -01 Jabberwock Type on fanfiction writers.

Buckethead

I had never heared of the 7th guest so I did a search and it indeed seem to have some similair thing. I might check it out, looks very inspiring.  :D

miguel

Hi Buckethead, good job!!!
Just a question, ( because I plan on doing some 1st person dungeon like old-dos rpg's used to have):
because you're going for the 1stPerson view it means you'll have close shots (screens) of things you'll want to examine, right? I guess it's going to be hard-work because in a square room there will be at least five diferent screens if you only count one direction. You can simplify things by using empty walls but that's still lots of work there!
I'm asking because your screenies show the room on a tuneling view, like through a lense, am I explaining myself right?
Well, good luck and it does look very cool so far! :)
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Buckethead

I'm not sure what your question is exactly. But my game uses a view that isn't actually 1st person. Some times the camera is somewhere the player can't possible be. I did this to show from the best angles of the room.

miguel

Ah! Ok, then!
keep it going! :)
Working on a RON game!!!!!

CosmoQueen

Very creepy looking. I'm interested in learning more about the story. Your description is kinda vague :)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Rd27

I like the look of this one.
Can't say much of the story yet  :P.

I like the idea, that the game is sometimes from 1st person and sometimes just in best camera angle. Very original or atleast I can't remember a game that use similiar technic.

Good luck for finishing it!

Buckethead

***UPDATE***
   05-06-2008

The production was resting for a while but is now woken up again!

Not much new graphics to show but I did do some new puzzles and an interactice cutscene!
I also updated the first post slightly.

Ghost

Neat lighting, sire. You really know your tools!

Jon

Nice artwork bucket! Looking forward to you finishing the game!

Dualnames

Just loved that comment from ghost... Anyway, glad to see you finally decided to work on this, 8)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Buckethead

Thanks for the moral support!  :D I was stuck with one part that kept me from working on it. But that's all fixed now.

Buckethead

I'm looking for some beta testers:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=30347.msg455762#msg455762

The game is almost complete. Just a few things need to be changed and improve. And I expect that the beta testers will also have some suggestions.

But you can expect it pretty soon.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk