SSH

ThreeOhFour

Oooh! Oooh! Pick me!

Spoiler
A SNAKE!
[close]

Do I get a balloon?  8)

Dualnames

Great job, Ben!! As for who's next from that...

Spoiler
If I'm changing forms, and I'm not triangle, my creator will be next
[close]
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Takyon

Will probably donate the $15, can't wait for resonance.
ghost.

Stee

Consider a suitable pledge and some coverage from me, when both my bank account and my health recover a bit.  :)
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Vince Twelve

Hey everybody!  I'm in the middle of the mad dash up to the IGF deadline, and need a teensy bit of help! 

A portion of the game takes place in a hospital and I'm looking to have a stable of soundclips of secretaries/whoever over the hospital intercom saying stuff like:

Quote"Doctor Hansen to the OR. Doctor Hansen to the OR."

"Paging Doctor Nielson to ICU 43. Doctor Nielson."

"Doctor Kotou, you have a call on line three.  Doctor Kotou."

"Shepard line seven.  Shepard line seven."

"Nurse Keeling to room C.  Keeling, room C."

Then, with a big collection of those, I can just play one randomly every minute or so.  It helps the atmosphere and helps bring the game to life!

So, if you want to have a bit of fun with a microphone, I'd really appreciate your help!

You can say whatever you want, work in an inside-joke or whatever, just make it something that you might hear over the intercom in a hospital.  Of course, I reserve the right to not use any that are inappropriate or might detract from immersion for whatever reason. ;)

Help me out by either posting it here in this thread, or by emailing it to Nik at nikolasideris at hotmail dizzitydot com who will clean them up and balance audio or whatever magic he does.

Thanks!!!

Edit: By the way, I'm sending the game in to IGF around the 25th, so before then!  The sooner the better, of course! :)

Vince Twelve

We've gotten a very generous... two... so far! :P

If you've got some time, please help out!

I've been programming like nuts the last couple months!  IGF deadline nearing!  But the game so far is looking amazing!

Crimson Wizard

I decided to answer this plea and help you!

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/crimson_drpetrovitch_resonance.zip

not sure this come any use to you  :P

Nikolas

I'm just waiting to hear when the names Meredith, O'Maley, etc will appear in a file, so I can start working on these! ;D

Aardvark4Lunch

That looks great! what do you use to create such stunning graphics? ???

Snarky

Vince Twelve

Snarky is wise in his ways.

I forget which program ProgZ uses for his animations, but other than character animations, I believe every other artist uses Photoshop.  That's what I use for the few parts where I do my own graphics.

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Sat 24/10/2009 22:17:13
I forget which program ProgZ uses for his animations,

Pro Motion.

Not... not that I stalk him, or anything...

i k a r i

QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Vince Twelve

Team of Artists 2010 Creative Suite :P

Hey everyone!  I just wanted to chime in and say that there are only 3 days left on the Resonance Fundraising drive, so if you want to be among the first to preorder, or if you want to pledge more to get some cool bonus stuff, you'd better get in soon!

All backers (even with just a $1 donation) get access to the six special gifts that I've given out:

• two never-before seen screenshots
  • two music tracks
  • a handful of animations
  • a desktop wallpaper
  • and coming soon: a 5 minute video!

markbilly

I've pre-ordered! :)

You've done a really good job of the fund-raising, and the rewards are matched with the donations perfectly!

Mr Banana Man

Wow. I have been using AGS on my computer for ages, but I didn't decide to actually come onto the forum until recently, and I think Resonance looks awsome. It is deffinatley a game I would get when it comes out.
Great stuff Vince!  ;)
My dog used to fetch me the paper so I could check for car deals, but now that there are ads online, he rips the computer out of the wall and brings IT to me!

Vince Twelve

Thanks guys!

After months of working late into the night (or early into the morning if you prefer) and sleeping less than 5 hours every night and going to work the next day, Resonance finally hit a big milestone!  We've put together the first... I'd say about 1/4 of the game, and gotten it fully tested and polished and playable.  There is, of course, work done beyond that 1/4, but I've been trying to get this portion completely finished (except for voice acting) for submission into the Independent Games Festival and I just submitted it at long last!  A full day and a half before the deadline!  Yay!

There are a good selection of AGS games getting submitted this year including Resonance, Blackwell Convergence, and Puzzle Bots, so hopefully we can snag a couple nominations!  But there are at least 200 other awesome games also entered into the competition, so it's going to be really tough!

I got so much motivation from all the support from this forum and from Facebook, Twitter, and Kickstarter, that it kept me powering through the long sleepless nights.  So, thanks to you all!  Now, I'm going to sleep for a week.  Then: back to the grind for the next milestone!

I had a very small beta team of some trusted friends going over the game for the last half a month in preparation for IGF.  One of the testers was Ben "Ben304" Chandler, and I wanted to share a couple quotes that he wrote after his first playthrough:

Quote from: Ben304
I tried to play like a player, and not like someone who likes to build games on my first playthrough but I couldn't help but going at certain points "How would one script this up!?
[...]
The graphics and music are incredible.
[...]
Long term and short term memory works very successfully. It's honestly the best way to have conversations about stuff in any adventure game I've ever played
[...]
Interface is as intuitive as breathing. Once I got into that lab (and the gui bug had been fixed) I found myself more at home with this than any other interface ever. I can't believe how much I can do with so few clicks.

Hope that gets you salivating!

Crimson Wizard

I just checked the videos posted in the thread (they are old, but I didn't notice them before).
I wonder, why do you consider drag&drop inventory usage more convenient?
Personally, I usually hated these kinds of things both in games and software.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk