My Dead Husband, the Stranger - NEED SOME ARTISTS *** (Baby Teeth came in) ***

Started by skuttleman, Sun 20/04/2008 23:40:25

Previous topic - Next topic

skuttleman

Look out! Here comes my second game (AGS or otherwise). If you've played the first game I made, Quimby Quest. then... well... I pity you. It was sort of fun, maybe? But this one promises to be way better in almost every way - better story, better story-telling, better game play, better puzzles, better graphics!

The Story:
The plot is an homage to the 1963 film, Charade, starring Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. Amelia "Mel" Young is unhappy with her marriage and decides she needs some time and space to think about her future, so she goes to visit an old friend in Paris. When she arrives there she discovers that her husband had been killed and that - unbeknownst to her - he was involved in the illegal trafficking of U.S. government secrets. Who was the man she married, really? Meanwhile, her new acquaintence, Sam Case, is involved in the plot more deeply than he'll openly admit, and an unknown third party is threatening her unless she produces the secrets her husband stole. She doesn't know whom to trust and is left to get to the bottom of her dead husband's secret life before it's too late....

Screenshots:

Development Progress:
Story: 95%
Scripting: 45%
Dialog: 5%
Puzzles: 75%
Graphics: -1% (Angel Dust has dropped out of the project, hopefully not permanently)
Sound/Music: 50%
It's probably too early to give an accurate completion date, but I'm hoping by the end of 2008.

Updates:
2008-06-13 - Here is the *final version of the: Theme Song (*more or less). Additionally, Angel Dust indicated he wasn't going to be able to help with art any more, so I'm back to the drawing board there. I can draw well enough for the player to distinguish between a building and a kitty cat, but I would really rather have living, breathing characters and background art with personality. That, I can't do. So if anyone is interested, please PM me.
2008-04-27 - First Drafts of some music: Opening Theme Song, and During Gameplay Music
2008-04-20 - I started this awesome production thread.

brokenbutterfly

This sounds like a very nice game, with a nice storyline!! Best of luck with it !

I like how one of the settings is inside an airplane, will there be things to do there, apart from talking with your neighbor? Like riddles to solve  ;D?

skuttleman

I wasn't planning on much of a puzzle sequence on the airplane. It is more of a get to know the interface/introduction sequence, but maybe I can find a way to make it a little more fun.

Angel Dust

I love that film and Cary Grant was the man! If you get the same vibe as the film it'll be something to look forward to!

Neil Dnuma

"My Dead Husband, the Stranger (Still in Diapers)" - such a great title ;)

Serioulsy, Charade is a good movie to base a game on I think. Keep at it!

Puddleglum

I haven't seen the film but it sounds like a great story for a game! The dialogue is looking good, and the graphics arent STUNNING but they are good, and the puzzles and story are infinitely more important than graphics. Good luck, I'm looking forward to it!!

m0ds

Looks good! You even get to ride with Bill Clinton on a train. Bonus :D

skuttleman

Crap! It DOES look like Bill Clinton.  *laments...

m0ds

QuoteIt

;D

How derogatory!!!

Seriously though, your game does look fun. Best of luck!

skuttleman

Quote from: Puddleglum on Tue 22/04/2008 00:25:56
...and the graphics arent STUNNING but they are good, and the puzzles and story are infinitely more important than graphics. Good luck, I'm looking forward to it!!

Angel Dust might be working with me to do some better graphics, so stay tuned for that.

Also, I have some music samples: Opening Theme Song, and During Gameplay Music

CosmoQueen

Great story! One of the most original ones I've ever heard.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

skuttleman

Looks like I'm back down to 0 artists helping me. I fear this project is going to die if I don't find some people who want to help. I'm really trying to make a good game here. Something I, and everyone involved, can be proud of. So, I'm looking for artists who want to add style and personality to what would be lifeless pixel art if left to my incapable hands. Please to be PMing if you have any interest.

Hugs and Kisses,
~ skuttleman

Akatosh

Maybe I could help, although my graphics style kind of doesn'T mingle well with that of most others...

skuttleman

Quote from: Akatosh on Fri 13/06/2008 19:19:06
Maybe I could help, although my graphics style kind of doesn'T mingle well with that of most others...

Now, now, graphics.... play nice.

Could you PM me some samples?

(deleted)

Jeffers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk