AGS 3.02 Wishlist

Started by lemmy101, Thu 24/04/2008 14:11:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

Also, REM is just the keyword for comments in some programming languages, we don't need another way of putting comments in the scripts, otherwise it will be confusing.

SSH

It would also be great to have a Colour picker and a Font picker as "..." buttons on Font number and Colour number properties in GUIs, characters, etc.

subspark

Indeed. :)
This would be handy.

miguel

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Fri 09/05/2008 01:45:37
Also, REM is just the keyword for comments in some programming languages, we don't need another way of putting comments in the scripts, otherwise it will be confusing.

Yes, I agree with you totaly, it's just that I didn't know about Ctrl+F.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SSH

Module import suggestions:

1. Have a MAIN menu item  as well as the right-click on scripts in the game tree: this is hard to find for newbies to 3.0, even those used to 2.72. This was actually Edmundo's suggestion.

2. Drag and drop of SCM files into AGS window should import the module (ditto for sprites, .CHA, translations, etc). I uses Filezilla's drag-and-drop support all the tiem and its very handy.

edmundito

Quote from: SSH on Mon 12/05/2008 17:22:04
1. Have a MAIN menu item  as well as the right-click on scripts in the game tree: this is hard to find for newbies to 3.0, even those used to 2.72. This was actually Edmundo's suggestion.

I second that. I was just about to post something about it, too, but SSH beat me to it. :D
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Peder 🚀

What about including a patchmaker feature? (like you mentioned at least in 2002 in the Kings Quest II remake thread that you maybe was gonna add as a feature in AGS in the future).
(at least in one of the AGS 3 versions.=

Peder.

Lewton

I don't understand why it has been removed the interaction editor in the last version.
It saved a lot of time and it was easier to use.
I know that most games we make need scripting but the editor made possible to anybody to make a game without looking for scripts all the time.
That's why i chose this program on the first place. Because everyone could make an adventure game easily.

So you can guess what is my request for the next version  ;)
Until then I'll keep using an old version.

Makeout Patrol

Actually a pretty gigantic request would be the ability to choose, perhaps in the General Game Settings pallette, where the savegames would go. I know I would much prefer to be able to keep the savegames in a separate folder within the game folder than clutter up the player's My Documents folder.

Alarconte

Maybe its seems idealist but...

I wish to be, as the help file, little incorporated tutorials to do some things (as scripts examples) for miniarcades (colisions, health..), or ideas for GUIs, examples of IAs.... Simpy examples or ideas to make the way to the script-dumbs as me :P

Maybe a little recopilation of forum helps to do specific things, but in the AGS help, to not have the need of forum-hour-seekings...
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

monkey0506

Quote from: Makeout Patrol on Wed 14/05/2008 03:34:34
Actually a pretty gigantic request would be the ability to choose, perhaps in the General Game Settings pallette, where the savegames would go. I know I would much prefer to be able to keep the savegames in a separate folder within the game folder than clutter up the player's My Documents folder.

You can already do this, and it can even be changed via the script using Game.SetSaveGameDirectory.

SSH

Snake's having trouble avoiding a hotspot when randomly placing objects in this thread. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to have Hotspot.GetAtRoomXY to match the GetAtScreenXY?

Lt. Smash

What I would really need is the possibility to change hotspots and objects names (description as it is called in the editor) via script commands.
If I want to make a dark room like it was in the archeological excavation of Indy FoA, I have to create two/three objects overlapping. One with the name 'metal thing'. The next one would be 'light switch?' and the last one, after I switch the light on, would be 'light switch' (without question mark).
See how much easier it would be to just use one line of code like object.Name='light switch'?

Would be nice to see that implemented in the next version.

Aljoho

A couple of things i'd love to see in a further version of ags  :=

The ability to alpha blend (i can imagine this would be a pain to code, but then my knowledge of C or C++ is infinitecimal so who knows) this would be great for ghosts etc obviously
  It can get really confusing when you have loads of views and folders for more as you cant delete them (i dont think)
  another thing i think would be really difficult (what do i know :P) would be a cool way to set each room as a tile for tiled games and be able to tesselate rooms hundreds at a time to create a zeldaish level style (i can dream i doubt this would happen :o)

A Tribute to my success -  A wonky ASCII Trophy
                              .__.
                              (|  |)
                               (  )
                              _)(_

SSH

Quote from: Aljoho on Fri 16/05/2008 19:08:01
The ability to alpha blend (i can imagine this would be a pain to code, but then my knowledge of C or C++ is infinitecimal so who knows) this would be great for ghosts etc obviously

It can do this already.

Vince Twelve

I would like a way to draw/erase walkable areas in code.  For example, to make a game out of tile-based rooms where characters can walk freely on some tiles but not others.  With only 16 walkable areas this gets tricky and even more tricky if you want the tiles to be able to be moved via a built in level editor, such as to make it look 3d by adding height to some tiles.

Something like, say, this, I could code to display via drawing commands and with a lot of finesse, could make a level editor to build such levels.  However, editing the walkable areas on the fly?  Not currently possible as far as I know.

If there were rawDraw-ish commands for walkable areas, some cool things could be done.  For the above game idea, I'd probably make the whole screen a walkable area and then block out certain areas on the fly to shape the walkable surfaces.

GarageGothic

I'm pretty sure this is already on the to-do list, but now that I got my bitmap based scaling module fully working for characters, it would be awesome to have an Object.Scaling property so the module can fully replace walkable area scaling.

Edit: Oh, and also an Object.ManualScaling property.

Aljoho

You can alpha blend to the extent of having an alpha channel but can you have a character with the background showing through him (i.e translucsent characters like ghosts etc) if so how?
A Tribute to my success -  A wonky ASCII Trophy
                              .__.
                              (|  |)
                               (  )
                              _)(_

Lt. Smash

it would be awesome to be able to set coordinates of where to start with the scaling of characters (and objects?) and where to end.
So if MaxScalingLevel X:10 Y:10 and MinScalingLevel X:100 Y:120 the char would get smaller if he walks to the lower right corner.

naltimari

Quote from: Aljoho on Sun 18/05/2008 16:10:12
   You can alpha blend to the extent of having an alpha channel but can you have a character with the background showing through him (i.e translucsent characters like ghosts etc) if so how?

First, your game need to be using at least 16-bit color depth. There are two ways to do this:

• Applying an alpha channel to your character sprites (only works in 32-bit);
  • Setting the Character.Transparency between 0 and 100 (for this to work, though, the character sprites must NOT have alpha channel);

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk