Sprite Jam: Adventurer Teamwork! (Winner!!!)

Started by Alarconte, Tue 03/06/2008 09:35:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Alarconte

Welcome!

I have honored with the chance of make a Sprite Jam!

TROPHIES:

Get a Original Han & Chewi Statue in gold, silver, or bronze, winning this contest!!

First Prize

Second Prize

Third Prize

THEME
The theme of this week, as Introduced with the title "Adventurer Teamwork", is to  create the sprites of the player character of a game with various players characters. (a hipotetic and original game, well xD)

The idea is that teamwork of character is need to solve and adventure, the characters are complementary between, don't need to be only two, can be more (as the three gobliiins, or a adventure with classic RPG style group, with his warrior, his mage, his cleric, his rogue...)

CLASSIC (and news) EXAMPLES
I put some 'shots of example, but I suposse you din't need.

Simple.... Indiana and Sofia of Fate of Atlantis.. Sam & Max, the Gobliins... and Laura and Joey  from AGS's Blackwell unbound ;)

Rules:

1.Two or more player characters (no limit), presented as individual sprites (or a large sprite size with blank gap between characters), Without background.

1.b Optional: A image background with all the character group, possibly doing teamwork (or simply beeing there, is alowed and I will love it to consider the winner.

2. Size: No restriction (In 1. I talk 'bout size)

3.Color: Max 256 colors!

-Being a Sprite Jame with multiple sprites (at least 2) and a background optional of any size, maybe somebody wants a little more time, if this, say it ;)

Luck!

"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

Questionable

Good Topic! Wow, I think we'll get a lot of entries for this one.
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

Darth Mandarb

It is a nice topic! (I think we've done it before ... but it was a long time ago!)

However ... I don't think 1.b (a background) should be used to help pick the winner ... this is a sprite jam after all.  Just a thought.

Also; by colors: 256! do you mean it must use 256 colors, of that's the max number of colors allowed?

Alarconte

Obviusly 256 colors is the max xD

Nah, 1.b is a way of the entry to show a special coherence with his characters, and maybe show the sprite performing actions.... If did well, gives extra points...In a lot of sprite jams ocurrs the same...

But I have no preference to give a prize 'cause they have background or not, is only a way to apreciate better the quality,

Well, I hope get a lot of entrys, at least threel, one for prize! but more than three would bee cool, is the fun of the competitions!

GBF CC Part 2, WIP

Dualnames

Another Hitchhiker's Entry to a competition, the very first one with characters...
This time introducing:
Zaphod Beeblebrox and Arthur Dent.

Ok, here's the sprite.
Normal Size:

4x:

IndieBoy: You bet I did(Put the bowl and whale I beg!!)

REASON: Arthur considers Zaphod stupid and Zaphod as well, but since Arthur has managed to save Zaphod's ass some times and since Zaphod has accidentally done the same they're good team and tolerate each other.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Alarconte

EDIT:

Thanks Dualnames! Hope somebody can get the prizes!

GBF CC Part 2, WIP

IndieBoy

I think Dualnames may of posted this to smite me. Nice topic I might be able to finish an entry in time for this one :P
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Alarconte

Indieboy, how you much need to do a sprite? :D

Now really, get working boys, get the gorgeus trophies!!! xD

GBF CC Part 2, WIP

IndieBoy

Oh I have lack of spare time to do anything, due to the girlfriend. Man, Girlfriends and AGS don't work well together  :P

Also my idea for an entry is kind of an idea of a game Sylvr and I might be making in the future.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Brad Newsom

Must...Not.......steal...................competition!

TwinMoon

You could say a lot about it, but it's an entry:

Meet SpecialMan and his trusty sidekick She-Boy

EDIT: Um... how this team works. Well, since he's a grown man wearing a spandex suit and a daiper, She-Boy is SpecialMans nanny. A running gag in the series is that he boasts about kicking ass while she actually does it.
(I wonder what Frederick Wertham would think of this.)

(I'd better explain this She-Boy before anyone says anything: she's meant as a satire on how female comic characters are called: always by making a female version of a male name: Superwoman, She-Hulk, Spiderwoman, etc.)

~ TwinMoon

Mr Flibble

I have.. an idea.. I'll see if I can find the time around revision.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Akatosh

I think we all know that there can only be one genuine kind of team...

Wilhelm von Hadenberg and Hindenburg from Washed Ashore!

Because seriously, there is nothing like the bond between a WW1 soldier and his inexplicably animated toy blimp.

(I kind of like how the sprites have developed...  :P)

Misj'

Within an environment (borrowed - obviously - from Loominous):

Misj'

Ps. I'm not yet happy with the design of the girl; she's just not yet interesting enough. I feel I could have pushed her design a little further...

Andorxor

Matti

Looks like the sheet was to small and both sides were used..

OR it's two maps in one and he just needs one of them..

Misj'

Quote from: Andorxor on Mon 09/06/2008 13:12:28
Why does he read the backside of the map ???

One of the lesser known facts of history is, that upon early versions of maps of this particular brand a Geographical Pathfinder Spell (or GPS for short) was cast. Even though the downside was, that these kind of spells (and thus maps) were extremely expensive (which is why they were excluded from later versions), the advantage was, that on the back of each map the best route to take to your destination was magically printed and updated based on your current location. Hence the expression "he knows it like the back of his map"; which originated from this.

I'm pretty sure this all makes sense in some way or another...

(or we may just agree with what Matti said  ;))

space boy

Akatosh, you're my personal winner. (no sarcasm. i'm in love with that style)

Alarconte

I will happy if the Contestants add to the entry, the explanation of why they are a teamwork, and how use their abilitys in common!

(Important to the qualification)

GBF CC Part 2, WIP

SSH

Creo la palabra es "Contestants", no "Concursants"  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk