nanobots

Started by , Sat 28/06/2008 02:28:18

Previous topic - Next topic

helpless

anyone please tell me the code for the computer... I think the postcard numbers or either the three simbols on the computer screen mean something, but I tried a lot of combinations and don´t get the password... help.... thanks a lot

TheJBurger

Hint:
Spoiler
There is an object in the room that contains the three symbols also listed on the computer screen. You need to find it and look at it for the password.
[close]

I'm stuck:

Spoiler
I can't figure out how to capture the gumball.  I've moved the cell phone, picture frame, beaker, and gumball machine but nothing has worked.  I also can't get to the top shelf with the fan and the crack in the wall.  So far I've created the white acid and picked up the necklace and vase, but am not sure what to do with any of them.
[close]

Quinny

I am also stuck in the same place as Guest. Anyone know how to get past it?

TheJBurger

@Guest

Spoiler
Try using the white acid on different objects.
[close]

shadyhtown

I'm not sure how to get the gumball machine to give out gumballs - if I'm supposed to use money, I can't find any.

Thanks for the hint, JBurger....

Spoiler
For some reason, it hadn't occurred to me to fill one of the test tubes with acid.
[close]

@shadyhtown

Spoiler
Check the lab coat hanging on the wall.
[close]

piperhcombs

Guest: not sure if you still need the help but...

Spoiler
you're not supposed to be capturing the gumball. if you have audbot talk to tallbot or strongbot (he gives hints) he says they probably can't stop the ball from rolling off the desk. You're going to be rolling the gumball somewhere where it might be useful...

further hint:
Spoiler
how about the place where you used the acid?
[close]
[close]
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Quinny

Thankyou.

Spoiler
Found my solution, I couldn't use the acid because I hadn't read the postcard. Just did that and then I was able to use the acid.
[close]

Storygamer

I myself am having trouble getting the
Spoiler
white acid
[close]

Judging from the diagrams and instructions in the book, it would seem that I need to
Spoiler
dump two vials of blue and two of red into the beaker and mix to get the purple (incensium), heat it up with hotbot, and afterwards add one vial of yellow (rockon).
[close]
However, doing so just gives me an ugly brown liquid.  Clearly I'm misinterpretting the puzzle.  What am I supposed to do?

TheJBurger

@Storygamer

Spoiler
I think you are on the right track. Pay close attention to the recipe, as I think the order is of critical importance. In particular, note the exact times you need to heat it up and mix ingredients.
[close]

piperhcombs

@Storygamer: There is an easy way to get the purple incensium- though I'm not sure it is simply a glitch or if Ivy meant it to happen that way.

Spoiler
Try simply having hotbot heat up the empty beaker- notice the color of the resulting liquid?

Also, if you're getting incensium through the method Ivy probably meant you to (mixing), don't forget your simple math: If you have one vial of blue liquid and one vial of red liquid, how much of each liquid would you mix together to get one vial of purple liquid? Surely if you dumped the entire contents of both vials into a third vial, the vial would overflow- indeed if you mixed one vial blue and one vial red, wouldn't you get two vials purple? And by the same logic, half a vial blue plus half a vial red should equal one vial purple, right?

Lastly, don't forget to boil!
[close]

Khris

Help...
Spoiler
I've followed the second recipe, but the robots didn't comment on it and I don't have a clue how to outfit them with parachutes.
[close]

piperhcombs

Are you sure you followed it correctly (in the correct order and correct amounts)? What steps did you follow? Check out my hint in the post above yours- it applies to the second recipe.

Also,
Spoiler
The parachuting/flying has to do with succeeding in making the second recipe as well.
[close]

Vince Twelve

Oy vey, piper!  You found a pretty big bug there!  :o

Spoiler
Heating the empty beaker is absolutely not supposed to result in a purple chemical!  ARG!  I wonder when that started happening, as it certainly didn't used to do that...
[close]

Thanks for spotting that.  Unfortunately, I'm about to hop on a plane and have no time to fix it!  I'll have to fix that bug when I get back next week.

Storygamer

Okay, I tried:
Spoiler
one vial of blue, then one of red, then mix, then hotbot heats, then one of yellow.  The result is some kind of ugly brown, not white.
[close]

So even with the correct amounts (thanks piper for pointing out that my previous amounts were double what I needed), I still seem to have failed.

Also, piper's glitch only seems to work halfway for me.  When I try to add the last ingredient, Chembot says "I need to mix it first".  So I tell her to jump in and mix it...and the stuff turns brown again :).

piperhcombs

hm....strange, Chembot didn't say she had to mix it when I used the glitch way- only when I try to get a sample in a test tube. EDIT: just tried it again and Chembot still didn't tell me she had to mix it.

Also,
Spoiler
You forgot the last step-check the recipe again. ;)
[close]

Not sure if this is a dead end or if I'm just missing something, but...

Spoiler
Once Chembot has picked up the test tube of glitter, there doesn't seem to be any way to put it down again (or hand it to another nanobot).  So if you mess up the formula for the floating chemical, there doesn't seem to be any way to pick up the colored test tubes to make a new formula.

I haven't finished the game yet, so I'm hoping this isn't a problem later in the game if Chembot needs to pick up something else....
[close]

Play_Pretend

I found a small bug:

Spoiler
When Brainbot has the peace necklace, if you try clicking it on the postcard, he says that he doesn't want to pour acid on the postcard, as it might damage it.  I think that's supposed to be Chembot's response, and it got crossed over somehow.
[close]

And my request for guidance: :)
Spoiler
I've tried using the white acid on everything on the entire desk, and I can't read the postcard.  What do I doooo?  ???
[close]

piperhcombs

@Guest: It can be a dead end-

Spoiler
If you pick up the glitter before beginning to create the second mixture and you had the test tubes on the wall refilled because then there is no way for Chembot to switch test tubes because no one else can handle full test tubes.

Here's the workaround- you can ensure that Chembot will be able to start over again by having a different bot pick up one of the empty test tubes from the rack (one of the ones that contained chemicals already used in the mixture) since the other bots can handle empty test tubes but not full ones. Now, with one spot on the rack free, Chembot can put the glitter test tube down. To make sure the blue and yellow tubes get refilled, simply empty the red chemical (which is the only unused one in the second recipe) into the beaker and put the glitter test tube into the spot where the red test tube was. Now, when you refill the tubes, only the blue and yellow chemicals will refill.
[close]

@Strange Visitor:

Postcard:

Spoiler
Take another look at that postcard. Notice something in the lower left corner?

Hmmm.....a blue test tube, what could that mean?

Pour the blue chemical on the postcard.
[close]

Acid:

Spoiler
The answer to this one stems straight from the contents of the postcard.

Now that you know there's something in the crack on the far wall (behind the fan, how are you going to get up there?

One of the bots mentioned the shelf was too high. If you use Audbot to talk to the other bots (he gives hints) he says maybe they can get through from a lower point. Hmmm.....what's below the shelf?

Wasn't there something that doesn't work on the wall?

Pour the acid on the lower (nonworking) outlet.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk