NecroQuest 1 "Deluxe". The Inheritance.

Started by yarooze, Thu 10/07/2008 20:13:19

Previous topic - Next topic

yarooze

OK. Boys and Girls, I did it! My first complete AGS game:

Necroquest

Part One. The inheritance

Deluxe

Tom has to success his grandfather’s business, who was a necromancer in Transsyberia. His Grandfather disappears and another evil necromancer attempts to take over his business. Help Tom to fight back the bad guys, get their girls, and become the real necromancer!  8)

NB: This game is for adults! Please check if you are adult, before downloading it.  ::)

I reworked the game - added a couple of puzzles, sprites, animations, cut scenes...
but more important:

Very talented voice actors made the voices for the game characters.  :=

here is the game:
download NecroQuest here ver.2.0.0.1

Screens from the game:

more screens here

To adjust the walking speed:  ::)

to the AGS game section of the original, not talkie game:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1054

Updates:

ver.2.0.0.1
- release version.

My Blog

Galen

Great. The character seems to walk slightly slower than his animation though.
"Have fun."
=D

tube

Just completed it. I liked the story and the music (except for the weird Toten Hosen cover in the end ;)) and the graphics weren't bad either. I noticed a few typos here and there but nothing too serious. The game was rather easy and short.

The only thing I found almost too frustrating at times was the painfully slow walking speed combined with the way solving every single puzzle seemed to involve lots of trudging back and forth between the rooms. It almost seemed you were desperately trying to make the game longer in this way instead of adding puzzles and/or other meaningful content. This wasn't bad enough to stop me from completing the game, but seemed very unnecessary at times.

All in all a very nice first game. Well done and good luck with the sequel. :)

PS: Please find another mirror. Pop-up ads must die!

Baron

Congratulations Yarooze!  Glad to see at least one of us can get his act together and work on a game these days! 

yarooze

C'mon boys and girls! 90 downloads but only 2 feedbacks and no ratings at all on the AGS-game page. It can't be sooo bad...

2 Crazy, tube & BaRoN: Thanx guys! I'm glad to hear, you enjoyed the game.  8)

as for walking speed - I adjusted it. But I think, it isn't enough for an update. I'll wait for more PMs with typos and bugs and then I'll make the next version.

The puzzles in the game are not very difficult, I know. Since I'm not the greatest puzzle solver, I tried to make a game with: nice pictures and animations, interesting story, logical and not very complicated puzzles. You see - nothing challenging. Just short, pretty game to have some fun...  ;)

At first I had another guy to write dialogs and other texts. So he wanted to co-work on the puzzles. But he was busy, so I had to do everything by myself.

It will be nice to hear some feedback. Even bad...  ::)
My Blog

Makeout Patrol

I'm going to be completely frank - I do not trust that download source one bit. Do you think you could find a host that doesn't look like it will give my computer AIDS? I like to use this one; it doesn't look like the Ukranian mafia's homepage, and users don't have to sign up to use it, which is pretty much perfect. There are fields for e-mail and stuff but they're optional, all you have to do is copy the URL somewhere.

I really would love to play this game, but that site is quite honestly keeping me away.

Galen

What? All you have to do is click download and wait 30 seconds? It's no different than the likes of Not-so-Rapidshare.

Makeout Patrol

Quote from: Crazy on Sat 12/07/2008 17:35:41
What? All you have to do is click download and wait 30 seconds? It's no different than the likes of Not-so-Rapidshare.

I'm not saying that rapidshare is particularly good, I'm just saying that I prefer it because it doesn't have 12 billion popups and 400 banner ads for sketchy dating sites and "WARNING: YOUR COMPUTER IS BROADCASTING AN IP ADRESS OVER THE INTERNET" services. I don't want to use this site for the same reason I don't want to use seedy warez sites - I do not for a second trust that the file that I download from there will not have a nice little suite of spyware and Ukranian mafia viruses following it onto my hard drive.

Frodo

I really liked it.   :)

I love the 'cutesy' art style.  The best I can describe it is, we are looking straight on at the centre, and everything is curved round, like a globe.   :=

The scene with the red succubis woman made me laugh, and that song and the end was amusing.

It was a nice wee story, and I hope he finds his grandfather.  The internet crystal ball thingy was excellent!   ;D

The only thing that I found frustrating was
Spoiler
at the end, when your man is shooting the zombies, you have to wait too long before you can actually do anything.  If you don't do the correct thing in time, you have to wait ages again for all the zombies to pop up, and your man to shoot them again.
[close]

Well done for making this game.  I'm looking forward to the next part.   ;)

EDIT
Forgot to mention the intro bit, about his master being back.  That fan in the background is awesome - it seems very sinister, and indicates that a lot more is going on that what Tom knows.   ;D

Galen

Quote from: Makeout Patrol on Sat 12/07/2008 19:47:14
Quote from: Crazy on Sat 12/07/2008 17:35:41

I'm not saying that rapidshare is particularly good, I'm just saying that I prefer it because it doesn't have 12 billion popups and 400 banner ads for sketchy dating sites and "WARNING: YOUR COMPUTER IS BROADCASTING AN IP ADRESS OVER THE INTERNET" services. I don't want to use this site for the same reason I don't want to use seedy warez sites - I do not for a second trust that the file that I download from there will not have a nice little suite of spyware and Ukranian mafia viruses following it onto my hard drive.
What the hell kinda sites you been browsing? All I get is an ad for smiley central, screensaves.com, primark and some weather toolbar (which, yeah will be filled with adware). I hardly think hosting sites having ads to generate revenue a seedy practice.

yarooze

I added the option in the organizer to change the walking speed. I hope, this makes more people happy...  ;)

PS. did somebody find the easter eggs...  ::)

My Blog

Nlogax

I liked the game, although
1) The puzzles were a little straight forward and not too much variety
2) The scene with the Necromancer was kind of irritating, the way that if you don't think fast enough (which I don't  :P) then you have to wait while the scene replays (which takes  too long) before you get another go.
But other than that, well done!

Dualnames

Wootness all over. It's a kind of magic..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

yarooze

I'm looking for voice actors for this game...  8)

If you want to try, please:

1. play the game
2. choose the character you want to play.
3. make a sample audio file to show me how do you want to speak for this character (something from the game)
4. send (PM) it to me...  ;)

My Blog

Makeout Patrol

I liked it! I loved how bright and detailed the graphics were. When the cutscenes that were basically hand-drawn comics came along, I was actually disappointed, because I thought the in-game animations looked a lot better, and I would have liked to see the whole game presented in that very attractive style.

My biggest issue with the game is how slow the animation is. The succubus is the only character that walks fast enough. I'll spoiler the rest:

Spoiler
The fight with between the suit and the zombies is absolutely agonizing. It's fantastically animated, but the whole sequence should only last about 5 seconds - I thought it took too long the first time I saw it, and it was even worse after that because I already knew every little thing that was going to happen.

I also had trouble with the leap of logic that a 'gun repair kit' would allow me to take the machine gun - when I used them together, I was just combining random items.
[close]

Also, the "help" thing on the splash screen tells me that I should be able to right-click on inventory items to 'LOOK AT' them, but this didn't work for me. I don't know if this is a bug or what.

Overall, though, I really liked the graphics, and I thought it was a nice little short game, and it's well worth playing through. Congratulations!

wpowell

This is a nice game that you have in pictorial form but I can't download it because you used Ziddu as a downloading site that stinks just like rapidshare. I need a site that supports starting up incomplete downloads and if you can't change Ziddu's mind of having to finish off a download then try another download site like the AGS Studio site, sendspace.com like a previous post, or another site that supports starting up incomplete downloads. Thanks.

Magic

Here's a mirror set up by myself, folks:
http://www.samods.org/staff/magic/NQ1-1003.zip

I'll play the game for myself this weekend. :)
- Magic

Potch

I have to agree with those that were a tad irritated in the final battle.  I also found the walking speed to still be a bit slow.  It would be nice to click on a door and just go there. :-)

Other than that, it was a fun little game!  Looking forward to part 2!!!
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

yarooze

The second part is in the "pre-production" phase. But I have some other thing to finish first:

1. Besieged (next month)
2. Pr0n (no deadline right now)

3. NecroQuest 1. Deluxe version (as soon as all the voices will be recorded ;))
there will be:
- additional/improved puzzles (100% ready)
- additional music (100% ready)
- more text (100% ready)
- additional animations/cut scenes (100% ready)

and...

- voices! (about 40% ready)

I've found some brilliant voice actors, they already recorded amazing stuff and promised to make more...  :=

PS. to Potch: you can adjust the walking speed in the options GUI. Tom will "fly" if you set it to maximum. ;) You can also "click on a door and just go there" on some screens. ;)
My Blog

yarooze

Also I just wanna say, that I didn't abandon this "deluxe" project. I'm waiting for the last voice lines for Tom and then... ;)

here you can hear some samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ulbVEy6Gc&feature=channel_page

Sorry no orc voice sample. His blooper isn't ready yet. Just wait for the game. Let it be a surprise. ;)

Also I must say, the voice actors I found are awesome! 8) This guys and girl alone made my lame game worth replaying. But I also tried to rework the puzzles and graphic/animations.  ::)

My Blog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk