ColourWise [OSOM LEVELPACK by Pittiz]

Started by , Tue 29/07/2008 11:04:55

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

The example I give changes one line per increment (like the colours change gradually and of course like every gray code) and also has the property that it is "inverted" for the opposites. There is also a neat symmetry in that the colours one could change to from a position are often rotated versions of the same symbol.

bicilotti

ColourWise for colourblinds
a colour-melting extravaganza (with symbols)

Colourwise tries to be a clever puzzle game about colours, but some of us have difficulties to discern between them. So, we decided to make a special version of ColourWise for colourblind people.

To know more head here.

SSH

Can colourblind people distinguish the "seasons" inside the colour wheel?

bicilotti

Quote from: SSH on Wed 30/07/2008 17:18:31
Can colourblind people distinguish the "seasons" inside the colour wheel?

In the game is not important to distinguish the warmness or hotness of a single colour, but the "frontier" which divides the two kinds.
So the answer is "no" but it shouldn't be a problem for gameplay. Feedback is much appreciated!

bicilotti

Ghost has made a nice little level pack, callded "Retro Romp". To quote the author:

Retro Romp- ten levels of computer-game related, mostly medium sized mazes. They start off simple indeed and mostly require simple colour mixing, with little bonus tile puzzles.

Download it here, and visit the CW fora to submit your own level pack!

Mordalles

i'm up to level 43, and really enjoying this game. You guys did a great job. great cutscenes + artwork, and congrats on the prize as well. i'm also looking forward to scarab, which looks like fun.
thanks.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

radiowaves

Wohoho. I am glad to see this :)

I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

bicilotti

@Mordy: thanks for the kind words, for CW and Scarab. Encouraging words are always welcomed, expecially if they come from the creator of "Chronicles of the red knight"! :P (btw, still in production?)

@radio: Thanks! As a fellow chess player I'm sure you won't find difficulties finishing the main quest in less than one week! And don't think I forgot about our projects, I'm just a bit... err... on hiatus :D

For everyody else: the Main Quest of ColourWise has 73 leves in it. The last 15 of them contain a surprise / gameplay mechanics shift! So come one, beat level after level folks!

LUniqueDan

Wooooooooo!
Downloading at once.

Hey Bic! I just leaved for 4 weeks and you release it without warning! Congrat' Pal
Now you deserve that chess game.  :=

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Buckethead

yikkes! 73? I think Colourwise will keep me busy for atleast a year lol

arjanpelle

Ahhhh.... finally I'm going to test it, what a cool surprise after returning my three weeks holiday. I read the review, great to find out that my music put them off enough to rate the game two places lower then it should've been. Well blah, let's test the game. I hope some of you did enjoy the music since it was all composed in about two weeks time. My congratulations to Francesco and all the other team members, the game already looks great judging the screenshots.

Ps. is there a next chapter to follow in the life of Colourwise (a website or a forum?)
Moué: [To the dead Plantard] Stop that Monsieur! Stop holding your breath at once!
Rosso: Has it occurred to you that he may be dead, Moué?
Moué: Oui Monsieur. But I prefer to look on the bright side.

bicilotti

Finally! We have managed to "delurk" Arjan!

Let me introduce you to the big AGS community: after losing a musician, Arjan replaced him and managed to pull off his hat 6 quality tunes in two weeks.
I found the compositions charming and his attitude very professional, and I strongly advise anyone to hire him for an adventure project, since he is quite good in translating "words into music".

As for you, yes, there is a ColourWise site (link here): here you'll find a forum where to search for/post new levels, a version of CW for colourblinds and a few reviews CW got (in which you will find many words of praise for your contribution!).

Quote from: arjanpelle on Mon 11/08/2008 15:07:23
I read the review, great to find out that my music put them off enough to rate the game two places lower then it should've been.

But first and second place were t3h 4xxi0n games!!! They pwn & roxx!!1!!! Puzzl3 is teh l00ser & u can du nuting bout dat!!! :D

Out of joke: beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, 'nuff said ;)

bicilotti

Clever Hacks
a simple 'n' sexy CW levelpack

Tired of debating about skepticism? Give a colourful start to your day! Clever Hacks is a collection of simple but smart mazes for ColourWise, for you casual audience!
If you've tried the game but found it too difficult, why not trying these?

To install the levelpack just:
  • copy/paste "cwlhacks.cwp" in "CourWise - the Game" folder
  • Run ColourWise and select "Load Level"
  • Click on "Path" and then "cwlhacks.cwp"!
A surprise awaits you once you reach the end! A beautifully drawn surprise let me say, by Bjöern "Ghost" Ludwig!

If you have comments/feedback post there or on the CW Boards.

Enjoy

-the man from Milan

Dualnames

Christmas is more early or it's my idea?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ThreeOhFour

Hah! The new levels are really good - a great way for people getting into ColourWise to learn the mechanics and for those of us who aren't new - well, more levels is always good, right?

Also, WOOOOOO bonus material once you finish!! ;D

bicilotti

Master Dereth
a journey of wisdom by Ben304

To my great joy, Ben304 pulled off his hat a marvellous lavelpack, with a story behind it. You heard right, solve the puzzles, enjoy the tale, but most importantly say: "Thank you Ben!"

As usual copy/paste the .cwp in your "ColourWise - the Game" folder, watch the intro, and have fun playing it / seeing the end!

Again, thank you Mr. Chandler!

Ghost

I feel dwarfed. This is teh good stuff.

*bows, Wayne's World style: I AM UNWORTHY!
(but play the pack nevertheless ;) )

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I finally got around to playing Ben's level pack and I found it quite fun.  I wonder if you couldn't implement something into the level editor to allow a person to enter a RunAGSGame title for intro and end cutscene purposes?  The executables would need some kind of variable to check whether they've been launched from inside colourwise so they can't be run outside of it, probably.

bicilotti

Quote from: ProgZmax on Tue 16/12/2008 10:49:55
I wonder if you couldn't implement something into the level editor to allow a person to enter a RunAGSGame title for intro and end cutscene purposes? 

When I was scripting ColourWise I had this idea to allow the level designer to put some simple cutscenes in their packs. I thought of using DynamicSprite.CreateFromFile
to import backgrounds / sprites from external files.
I even wrote down a bit of it, but the dreaded deadline was approaching and the whole thing got dumped.

Now that Ben made this wonderful little levelpack I see using a different AGS executable is way more simple for me to script (and for 3rd party designer to use/tweak as he/she likes).

The executables would need some kind of variable to check whether they've been launched from inside colourwise so they can't be run outside of it, probably.

True and probably simple to implement.

I'm working on a shabby MAGS project, but once I've finished it I'll see what I can do: maybe the time has come for ColourWise v1.5!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk