Damsel - Released!

Started by Play_Pretend, Sun 10/08/2008 15:15:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Play_Pretend

Damsel: Chapter One, by Strange Visitor Productions!

RELEASED!  http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1083

Poor Damsel...her life was so perfect back at the castle, riding her pony, brushing her hair and visiting the spa.  But now her royal princessliness has been kidnapped by the quasi-evil, fat little middle aged wizard Dorkus, and trapped high in a tower with no doors!  She's held out as long as she can, but if she doesn't escape tonight, Dorkus will force her to marry him!  What's a girl in distress to do?

Well, wait for rescue, obviously.  But when rescues go wrong, Damsels must do it for themselves!

Damsel and Dorkus

Prince Farthing the Overzealous

Damsel is a short two-ish room game we're making as a momentary break from working exhaustively on Q2EAQ.  And joy, this one will be done in about 2-3 weeks!  :o  The scripting and main game will be completely done this week, we just want to add a lot more animation to it to make it funnier and all snazzy.  We're also eventually planning to turn this into a series of short games!

(Now forming the unified banner of Strange Visitor Productions:)
Strange Visitor - Writing, Scripting, Animation
Pijin - Background and Character Art, Animation
TwinMoon - Music!
(Oh, uh, TwinMoon isn't officially "bannered" with us, but is always welcome :) )

Story - 100%
Characters - 100%
Scripting - 100%
Animation - 100%
Music - 100%
Voice Recording - 100%

Frodo

This looks really nice.  Look forward to playing it.   :=

Buckethead

yay very nice! I hope you can keep to 2-3 weeks.  :)

MashPotato

Heehee, I'm looking forward to this one ;D  Good luck, SV and Pijin!

Ghost

Gee, this looks like it'll be great fun. Nice take on the old cliche!

Spoiler
That chandelier looks like an accident waiting to happen, by the way!
[close]

J_Aguila

Just sent my MP3 sample.
You can check my music by following this link:
www.myspace.com/oniricajordi

olafmoriarty

I just love the prince's quote. If all your dialogue is as funny as that, I'm really looking forward to downloading this game.

Let me guess:
Spoiler
Strangle wizard with belt, get knife, unhook chandelier, cut rope from chandelier with knife, tie rope to balcony, climb down, watch final cutscene where the damsel ditches the prince to go to Vegas and marry an Elvis clone?
[close]

Play_Pretend

Yeah, we'll definitely finish in time. :)  I did 2/3 of the game in 4 days of 11 hour scripting benders, so no worries.

J_Aguila: Thanks for the sample!  Sorry to say, TwinMoon dove in first and knocked our socks off, so we're all set on music.

Ghost:
Spoiler
Accident?  *Accident*?  Sir, 'tis but a harmless chandelier hanging deucedly conveniently close to a large open window!  What manner of accident could possibly occur? *guffaw*
[close]

olafmoriarty:
Spoiler
Ha!  Oh, so far off but in funny ways. :)  It's actually: tie wizard to bed with chandelier rope, engage in autoerotic asphyxiation with belt, throw knife into prince and use prince's body as cushioning for free fall from tower.  Heh, seriously though, the prince is only one of the "rescuers". :)
[close]

olafmoriarty

Quote from: Strange Visitor on Mon 11/08/2008 14:12:51
Spoiler
Ha!  Oh, so far off but in funny ways. :)  It's actually: tie wizard to bed with chandelier rope, engage in autoerotic asphyxiation with belt, throw knife into prince and use prince's body as cushioning for free fall from tower.  Heh, seriously though, the prince is only one of the "rescuers". :)
[close]
Can't wait so see the others, then :-)

Ghost

I can see this turning into something like "Chivalry Is Dead"- but evil!  ;D

Akril15

This looks like a very fun game. I remember seeing this idea in the Game Ideas thread and liking it, so I'm sure I'll like the finished product. I love the graphic style.

Play_Pretend

UPDATE 08/27:  We've cast all the voice actors, and recording is underway!  It should finish nicely right around the same time we finish the other last touches, woohoo!

CosmoQueen

Ooo I see this is almost done! I'm excited, this looks awesome!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Ultra Magnus

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Play_Pretend

We found all our parts, and recording is in progress!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk