AGS AWARDS 2008 - FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Started by Pumaman, Sun 04/01/2009 00:16:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumaman

By popular request, the For Your Consideration thread is back!

If you made a game in 2008 and want people to nominate and vote for it, why not post a bit of information and screenshots to remind people about the game, and maybe get them to play it if they haven't yet?

And whether you made a game or not, have a look at this thread to see if there are any games that you've missed, and give them a try!

Le Woltaire

bicilotti

For your consideration, Colourwise

click on thumbnail to zoom

• CW is a clever puzzle game about colours. It features silky graphics, cutscenes in a comic form (thanks to Ghost) and more than 70 levels of colourful extravaganza Best Non-Adventure Game

• CW involved tricky scripting and manages to use a lot of RawDraws without losing fluidity; moreover is the first AGS game to include an actual level editor, which allowed some nifty levelpacks to be made Best Programming

• An in game tutorial and a .pdf manual (excerpt here) to teach you how to design your own mazes Best Tutorial or Documentation

• A dozen of hi-res Psychedelic backgrounds by Pittiz + quality comic strips by Ghost Best Background Art

• Cheerful tunes by Arjan Pelle Best Music

Ryan Timothy B

Don't forget about... ROAD RACER

Especially with it's new update to version 1.3 now including 7 levels, a fancy car explosion, excellent driving tunes, collision bouncing and some interesting sound effects.

Don't forget to Race against the clock in your favorite, 2008 non-adventure game, ROAD RACER!
More Info Here

Categories to consider:
Best Non-Adventure.
Best Programming in a Non-Adventure.
Best Sound Effects.

(Ps: Bicilotti, thought I'd give you some competition for best non-adventure game :P  Jokes)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I would like you to consider a plucky little waste worker named Limey Lizard.

Limey Lizard and his faithful sidekick Lucky Lemming enjoying a quiet moment before Giant Meebas devour the ship.

An episodic series made like a Saturday morning cartoon, Limey Lizard has thrills, spills (acid and otherwise), minigames, plenty of strange and exciting situations and features the voice talents of BOYD1981, Grundislav, Dave Gilbert, and LimpingFish.

Can you get the best endings and claim your special rewards, or will Mr. Hissington transfer you to bunion shaving duty?

Find out here!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=35996.0

Dualnames

For your consideration the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Demo..

Always know where your towel is whilst voting..or watching the Trailer

Or Vote for Lone Case 3: Showdown for:

Best voice acting,player character(Dave Dell) and best music(skuttleman,Natasha Miren), not to mention best voice acting..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

For your consideration:

Barn Runner 5: The Forever Friday
(Chapter One or Two, Take Your Pick*)

Silly, sexy, and serialized (for her pleasure), Barn Runner 5: The Forever Friday is (probably) the only AGS game to feature killer robots, talking fish, rush hour traffic, shootouts with bald rich kids, hordes of cannibal looters, curiously quiet school children, torture by pop music, lovingly rendered half-clothed women, naked men on Big Wheels, murderous flocks of carnivorous chickens, and steamy threeway sex inside a flying limousine.

All this and Tom Jones too! What more could you ask for in an AGS game?

(Also, there may be some puzzles and stuff in there too.)

So validate my existence and throw some love my way! Vote for Barn Runner 5: The Forever Friday today!

All The Sexy Psychedelic Fun You Can Pack Inside An AGS Game!

I've got two games up for nomination this year, so give them a try if you haven't already!

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD CHAPTER ONE (RAR Format)
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD CHAPTER TWO (RAR Format)

- Ponch

Play_Pretend

Be a champion of equal rights, vote for a game with a female protagonist!

For your consideration, December's Pick of the Month, Damsel! :)

Try it out here!

With fun gameplay and excellent voice acting, we're hoping you'll vote for Best Short Game, Best Voice Acting, and Best Non-Player Character (Prince Farthing).

A vote for Damsel is a vote for puppies!  You don't...hate puppies, do you?

m0ds

NOW you make this thread! :P Can you delete my votes so I can start again please, because I seem to have missed some damn good nominations!

Oh well  :-X

Please consider Murphy's Salvage, Santa Claus Down & Little Girl In Underland for best music :p
Also, why not consider Games Galore as best Demo, or whatever it's eligible for?

That's about all I did this year! Please consider Dumbass Drivers. But consider playing it, not voting for it. :D

HillBilly

P-p-please consider
Merry Christmas, Alfred Robbins

Download here, vote for whatever you think it deserves.  :)

------

Well, I don't have any chance of being nominated but I'm going to try it. For your consideration:

EMPTY MIND - BLANK FATE

The story:

You're Engel. You wake up in a basement of a house. You don't remember nothing about your life and you don't know why you are there. You need to discover who are you searching information at the house. A religious painting and some other objects could tell you something about your true life. And remember, you're not alone in the house. There're a lot of people interesting in your virtues. Engel is sceptic with the situation. It seems like a kidnapped but there're powerful and superhuman reasons for his confinement.

The game:

More info about the game:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1106

Many thanks to all!!!

Buckethead

Please consider:

Craft Of Evil

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1038

Feel free to nominate in any category you like but please keep special attention to:

- Sound effects
- Music
- Documentation

Thank you!  :)

Shade

For your consideration:
AGS Yahtzee

what's better than the good old yahtzee with many many additions?  :)

there are a total of 9 game modes "single", "double", "triple", "quadruple", "ultimate quadruple", "faint quadruple", "ultimate faint quadruple", "flower" and "countdown".

if you like you can also play in tournament mode which means you play one mode after a another and go for the world record (your scores add up!)!

if you want to know more about all the modes go here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=34372.0

and you can download it here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1016

HAVE FUN with this! and thanks to all of you! :D

Shade

Rocco

For your consideration,

Super-Pitstop-Racing

Its is a mixture between Pitstop and Super-Sprint, with the feel of the good ol C64-days,
with grandios SiD Music (c) by 20CC

Programming Features:
* C64 Style
* Top-Down View Racing Game
* Pitstops
* Tire-wear
* Fuel Consumption,
* different track surfaces
* Car damage
* Accurate and extensive Race-timers
* Highscore Lists

please keep special attention to:

- Best Non-Adventure Game
- Best Programming in Non-Adventure Game

HINT: When you want to leave the track during Race, you have to stop the car then you can go back to main menue with <Esc>,
and in the main menue you can exit the game with the exit button.

Radiant

What, is it that time of the year again? Okay...

Quest for Yrolg

* best graphics (self-explanatory, but with thanks to Elissa and Vladislav)
* best voice acting! (with thanks to James eVolve, Grundislav, Joelpage, Azure, and Notwithabang)
* best player character (you're evil and get to kill the heroes, what more could you ask?)
* best programming (how many AGS games let you put down items everywhere, or have opposing characters walk through multiple rooms in real-time?)
* best unpronouncable name (nuf syawla si sdrawkcab gnitirw!)

lemmy101

I feel I should nominate Ben There, Dan That as a worthy candidate:

In the categories:

Best Game
Best Dialogue
Best Gameplay
Best Puzzles
Best Animations (those walkcycles! ;))
Best Documentation
Best Non-Player Character (Mia, who has appeared in many more other games than the actual game she's meant to appear in ;))
Most Controversial Use of Disabled Dinosaurs

I'd also like to nominate Forgotten Element in the category of "Most Lazy Developers", and "Beauties And Beasts":

in the Best Short Game award.

Thank you!

lemmy

Ghost

Totally for your consideration...

Once Upon A Crime
Since its release early 2008, OUAC has made some fans out there and travelled the net, leaving  a trail of candy and mostly good feedback. Red has almost everything... but not a nomination yes. She wants one.
Would you disappoint her?  ;)

Best non-player character: The Log
How many games have a talking log? And such a versatile one at that? Don't even bother to look it up, there's only one true Log. Wooden, chatty and... all loggy.

Best Dialog:
Even though I say it myself, the dialog in OUAC is nice and crisp, delivering punchlines by the minute and also using ALMOST ALL LETTERS of the alphabet. Some dialog is even witty enough to pass as witty.

Best Short Game:
It depends on the player if OUAC is considered a short or medium game, but I'll try my luck with this one. Prove me wrong or cover my ego in sweet honey.

Eggie

"You shouldn't nick caves, you bad seed!"

"Last time I saw nicotine move this fast was... when... some guy ran a marathon... and... and he was called Nick O'Teen and...It was working my head!"

"You look like an oven mitt."

Can you imagine a world without these CLASSIC one-liners? Would you even WANT to imagine such a lonely and desolate place even if it was MENTALLY POSSIBLE TO PUSH YOUR BRAIN TO THOSE DARK, DARK RECESSES?!!

For your consideration for best non-player character:
Ray from Magical Whatever Girl Rocks Out In The Stone Age

Thank you.

Snake

I suppose somebody can consider my flop:
CASTLE OF FIRE v1.2
You are a thief who has traveled to Castle of Fire to achieve where many Knights have failed;
To steal those evil dragons' treasures!
How high of a score can you get?

Castle of Fire is a tribute to the ATARI 2600 game, Dragonfire.

VIDEO for those who haven't played:
Click here for a fast-paced in-game look... if you dare. Mwaha.

Please play it to decide for yourself what you think it deserves as a nomination.
PLEASE consider at least Best Music for Hammerblade's kick-ass, cut-throat tunes.
Note: The tunes played during, How to Play, Practice Mode title and the mini game songs are from NES games...

Where to Get it:
Games Page...
The Castle of Fire page on my site...

Thank you for letting me waist your time.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk