Mittens 2009: Vice Squad Edition *Travel Information*

Started by Grundislav, Thu 29/01/2009 00:31:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Grundislav

Mittens 2009 will be held from Monday, June 29 to Monday July, 6 at this house in Hollywood, Florida.

Who is coming? And how are they arriving/departing?

Grundislav - Host
MillsJROSS - Local (Driving)
Darth Mandarb - Local (Driving)

CJ - Roadtrip
AGA - Roadtrip
Esseb - Roadtrip
Creed Malay - Roadtrip
Lackey - Roadtrip

Nacho - Staying with Darth (Arriving a week early)
Lorena - Staying with Darth (Arriving a week early)

Eric - ARR:MIA Jun 29 1:14pm DEP: MIA Jul 6 10:15am
Jess -ARR:MIA Jun 29 1:14pm DEP: MIA Jul 6 10:15am
Pesty - ARR:MIA Jun 29 2:20pm DEP: MIA Jul 6 5:55pm
Miez -  ARR:MIA Jun 28 5:50pm
Becky - ARR:MIA Jun 29 1:45pm DEP: MIA Jul 6 8:45pm
Darkstalkey - ARR:MIA Jun 29 1:45pm DEP: MIA Jul 6 8:45pm
Snarky - ARR: MIA Jun 29 12:48pm DEP: MIA Jul 5 3:48pm
Quintaros - ARR: MIA Jun 29 1:00pm DEP: MIA Jul 6 1:45pm

Disco - ARR: FLL Jun 28 4:35pm DEP:FLL Jul 7 12:48pm
Sylpher - ARR: FLL Jun 29 4:24 PM, DEP: FLL 7:20 AM July 6th
DutchMarco - ARR: FLL Jun 27
Scummbuddy - ARR: FLL Jun 29 12:50pm

Getting Around

At the moment we have 4 cars: Mine, Darth Mandarb's, MillsJROSS's, and the roadtrip rental.  Mills has been kind enough to help taxi people arriving at MIA, Darth is taking care of people arriving at FLL, and the roadtrip rental is arriving on its own from the north.

Current arrangements are as follows:

RoadTripper: 5
CJ
AGA
Creed Malay
Lackey
Esseb

GrundMobile: 5
Grundislav
DarkStalkey
Becky
Eric
Jess

DarthCar: 7 (Not all at the same time though)
Darth Mandarb
Nacho
Lorena
Sylpher
Disco
Scummbuddy
DutchMarco

MillsDriver: 5
MillsJROSS
Snarky
Pesty
Miez
Quintaros

Some people are arriving before the 29th, and currently I have no idea what arrangements can be made for that.  I don't want to have you guys sleeping in airports for hours, but I can't put up more than 1 person at my house, because my house is tiny.  

Also, we're going to have 2 people extra that won't fit in the cars.  Either not everyone has to ride all at the same time, or maybe someone wants to rent a car between 2/3 people?

Domino

Tommy will be there.

edit: Sorry for being off-topic, I am having a terrible day.  :'(

Disco

I am coming and have 100% cash moneys (based on 20 person-ish occupancy) whenever you may require it.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I have at least that much money I can spend, but the issue with me is transportation there right now.  I'm still at the definite maybe stage.

MrColossal

Jess and I ARE FUCKING THERE*!

eric

*seriously, we are there right now, where is everyone else? it's lonely here, we're hungry, I think Jess is sick, oh god, call my parents!

or

*We are there right now and we are fucking there... on all the beds, the counter tops and the driveways. Most statues have also been used as sex objects.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Pesty

I'm a super definite. I'll book my tickets ASAP. The place looks amazazing and I look forward to being a jerk to everyone in person again!
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

monkey0506

I'm still trying to get confirmation as to my paid-time off status. I get something like 4.62 hours per week, but I got set back by Hurricane Ike...I can't say I'm a definite definite yet, but a probably definite or almost definite would be within reason.

Oh and Grundy don't go making assumptions about how I'll be getting there. Just because it would be ridiculously cheaper for me to fly doesn't mean I might not still drive my truck all the way out there! :P

P.S. Domino, do you need a hug?

Layabout

I am still going to have to be on the wouldn't miss it for the world, but will have to actually confirm when I can confirm I can afford the flights and everything.

I am looking forward to being a jerk to Pete and call her names.

And lets not forget, seeing my old friends Simon and Seamus again. Aye to be sure I miss them.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Andail

Actually, I'm slowly moving from unconfirmed to not-so-unconfirmed-anymore.

I've already notified my summer job that I won't work that week (that's a salary of $25/hour with paid accommodation and free meals, so I hope mittens 2009 will be worth it), and I don't think money will be a problem if I start saving up now.

So, it looks as though I'll make it this year :)

Miez

I would very much like an upgrade from the "Interested/Unconfirmed" to the "Hell yeah, I'll be there" category. ;D

Becky

Hey, Adam and I should be moving towards confirmed :) Now the dates are definite, we'll work on getting tickets!

Quintaros

I never posted in the other thread to express interest but I'm fairly definite.  If you need to collect deposits, I'll put my money where my mouth is.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I can certainly put some money forth, whether or not I can ultimately attend.  I'm sure Grundislav will make it up to me somehow.  My main hang-up, as I mentioned, is my severe and total distrust of two-winged flying deathtraps combined with the fact that a train to Florida from here will take me no less than FOUR DAYS! 

Now I've always wanted to ride on a sleeper train, but for eight days (4 there and back)?  We'll just have to see...

Why the hell can't Amtrak get their heads out of their asses and make a railway along the coast instead of going up through like six states just to come down again ;\.

Creed Malay

Shift me to definites, please. I am going to makle this by either hook or crook.
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Disco

Quote from: Creed Malay on Thu 29/01/2009 17:00:13
I am going to make this by either hook or crook.

Though I can imagine you would make a brilliant thief, I strongly suggest you hook, sir :D Statistically, you have a much lower chance of being caught. Plus it feels better.

monkey0506

Quote from: Disco on Thu 29/01/2009 17:20:48
Quote from: Creed Malay on Thu 29/01/2009 17:00:13
I am going to make this by either hook or crook.

I strongly suggest you hook, sir :D Statistically, you have a much lower chance of being caught.

Honestly, I'm not sure that hook is the best option here...I mean sure the cops can be bothersome, but you piss off Peter Pan and then you're really screwed. ;D

BTW, I'm counting the current definites, and it looks like the pricing for this mansion is going to be...well, as Borat would say, "a very nice."

DutchMarco

Good to see this. I will now look for the best flights there.  Related to that: Darth, iirc it was  you who mentioned Bimini, I am soo up for that. if that's post- or pre-Mittens is important for my booking the flight. Since I'm reallly keen on that, I'd like to know a bit about if that's actually likely to happen, and some other convenient details as in dates etc. But just for the heck of it I'm going to book my return flight a week after Mittens, because I intend to travel aross the state a bit anyway.

Oh, and to let you know: I'm really busy trying to get me a girlfriend (starring in a fabulous movie is a great bonus when internetdating, BTW!) and maybe get her to come to Florida as well, so that makes one definite (me) and one extremely maybe (the almost unlikely her) (first I'll finally have to have an actually succesful date with a girl :'( :'( I keep failing at that important bit, and she'd have to have interest in coming to Florida with me (some past candidates have expressed interest). And of course she must not be the kind who breaks stuff (chairs etc, not to mention my heart) or else she'd smile me into please paying that fee, "won't you, darling? You kow how much I love you!".
I think I speak for us all if I say: [yell]Go Grundy! [yell]
Addition: flight reservations made a few days before Mittens (27/6) (a jetlag-recovery break) and a week (31/6)after Mittens (possibly Bimini, or else a (nice but )short tour of the state/immediate vicinity of Fort Lauderdale

Snake

Maybe I'll hold Mittens '12 at my house. What better way to end the last year of human existance...

Damn I wish I could go this year.

Or on second thought, I would just end up being that guy that never talked and always answered questions with an, "I don't know." - and got wooped at billiards every time.
Screw it! I'm doomed to a hermit's life forever!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

MrColossal

HERE'S THE DEAL!

I am very interested in Mittens, it is fun and I love it!

I am very interested in the James Randi Educational Foundation! http://www.randi.org/site/

I do believe the mansion and the JREF are very close to each other. Jess and I want to go pretty badly. If Nacho is coming I'm sure he'd want to go also. Is anyone else interested?
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Chrille

I said I probably couldn't go but I'm not so certain about that anymore. I'm possibly going to New York for a week and then to New Orleans for a few days but I might be able to time it so I can finish the stay with you guys. But I won't know for a few weeks at least.
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk