{LoseInv(09),} - RELEASE SOMETHING 2009 (February 22) NOW!11!

Started by Mr_Frisby, Tue 10/02/2009 09:27:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Frisby

Okay kids,

Im starting a new - Release Something for 2009.
I mean it's been two years since the last one, so your hard drives would be brimming with useless crap by now. I know mine is.

For those of you who have started many games but have never finished anything or for those of you that have attempted greatness but just missed the mark, it's your time to shine. This is your hour, your epoch.

But wait, hold on, don't go showcasing your wares just yet, you need time to prepare. That is why I am giving you until the 22nd of Feb( date subject to change).
But you can chat about it in the GenGen if you need to. I'll start a thread there and let you discuss it if need be.

Oh, and for all of you that are not familiar with Release  Something TM, then it's simple. If you have something that is never going to be a game and is facing the possibillity of never seeing the light of day . .then post it! Or don't, I don't care. Do whatever.

Until next we meet.

FrisB - out.

And, don't go posting in this thread before gilbet gets to lock it or :

Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Gilbert

Hehe LoseInv(). Everybodies just wait. :=

If you want to discuss about this, post in the thread which will magically appear soon in the General Discussion Forum.

The time is NOW!1!

Privateer Puddin'

These are pretty old now, haven't touched it since about two weeks after Mittens, but I'm hoping this RELEASE SOMETHING inspires me to carry on :)

Looking forward to see what people are working on :)

Evil

Something to help get the ball rolling.

This is from the last OROW which I started, got this far, became bored, and quit.

The idea was a simple platformer with lots of small animations. Basically a low res version of Eric's Automation, but not a complete ripoff.

I should have made an ice skating game instead. ^_^

nihilyst

These are quite old ... they're from 2006, I guess.

.................................................................................

I never finished the town, unfortunately. Too bad.
Ah, these old memories ...

zabnat

Nothing much, but this background is from a would have been MAGS game (mini-games). Yes, it does look like the office of Sam and Max and there would have been a joke about it too.

This was going to be a sprite jam entry, but I wasn't happy with it so I didn't post it. Don't know why I'm posting it now...

Kweepa

Here's the start of a RotN game I've been working on for four years. And by working on I mean virtually abandoned.
http://www.kweepa.com/step/ags/games/IVSpy.zip
You may recognise some of the the Ags3d demo rooms.
I had the story half worked out, but lost motivation to continue.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

TheJBurger

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Sun 22/02/2009 22:18:42
Here's the start of a RotN game I've been working on for four years. And by working on I mean virtually abandoned.
http://www.kweepa.com/step/ags/games/IVSpy.zip
You may recognise some of the the Ags3d demo rooms.
I had the story half worked out, but lost motivation to continue.

I'm getting an error about zlib1.dll not being found whenever I try to open it.  :(

Also, here's some unfinished concept art for a space game that I abandoned a while back:

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Ryan Timothy B

Last month's MAG's competition I was working on a game.  Nearly finished it, except for a little extra programming (interactions and such).  But I felt the game had more potential, so I decided to drop working on it as a MAG's game the last moment of the competition.

For this background I made a few animations:

(I'll just show the ones with the EGO -- with the fence and background in the one animation)

In the game I had two gang members hand you a 'potion' to drink.  They had told you the potion was a mild sedative so they can take you to the gang hideout without you knowing the location.

Once you took it you obviously fell over and hit the dumpster.

Here's the one of the ego getting back up.

This actual storyline and some of the graphics will never see the light of day.  I've decided to change the storyline a little. 
Without going into full detail though, it will be about time travel.
I just wanted to show some of the animations I had made for the MAG's game.  Perhaps something to help push myself into making it into a game but with the time travel storyline instead.

EDIT: Oh yes. The EGO stand still (and walk cycles -- not shown here) were drawn by Travis Anthony.  I'm not sure but I believe the stand still was inspired by someones work on the internet.

SpacePirateCaine

Hi Folks,

Since Mods is stuck without internet access, it's my responsibility to be the one to 'release' these preliminary bits of our current, up until this point semi-secret project, the revival of Kinky Island. The project is currently in the hands of Miez, Mods and myself. My job, aside from coercing Mods and Miez to pick the project back up, is to do all of the sprites and animations. Here is a small but delectable taste of what is to come:

NSFW Pixelated Boobies below!

They're all waiting for you!

Here we have a recreation of the clothing-optional beach as seen in the demo with the new character sprites/GUI/some inventory implemented (and animated!) The background art hasn't changed yet, but the final product will have all of the backgrounds redone by the incredibly talented Miez.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Mr_Frisby

Woah! Pixelated boobies makes this thread all worth while  :=

I'm impressed by everthing thing I see here so far.

I'm currently working on some stuff to release but haven't quite finished.

I'll bogart this space for later thankyouverymuch.

Everyone else - continue releasing stuff!!

------------------------------

In the mean time - For all those folks that didn't get a chance to play it the first time:

A game I made in 3 days over Christmas 2007.

Down Load Here

There is a trumpet in the right bottom corner of the 2nd screen - but is a pixel hunt.
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

AsimosVagan

Well, back in 1993 I decided to make an adventure about a mage that ends up in the town where I was born. A basic engine was built in C++, art was made but life made me stop it.  Last year, after I discovered AGS, I started to work on it again, put everything in an ags project, but unfortunately the original story seems to be a bit lame. I am trying to fix that up now. Below are some backgrounds (real places in Curitiba/Brazil).

"Bad mouth" street:

Botanic garden:

Japan Plaza:

Green University:

Flower Clock (the missing pointers are animated inside the game)

Wire opera:

Graveyard:

San Francisco´s ruins:

The Map:

Grundislav

I'll throw in some programmer art which will never see the light of day, since it's been replaced by an actual background now.

Behold, the placeholder map of London from Ben Jordan 8!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Ho ho ho!  A few months ago a game was created in 5 days as a very special gift to a very special person.  It is a story about Christmas, Santa, and yes, Elves!

Like most of my projects, I was not going to release this until it was complete, but thanks to this thread you can all now enjoy the gift I presented to CJ on Christmas in its amazingly incomplete state:

BLUECUP DREAMS!

Possibly the most impressive Nintendo game never made!

Santa raps with some green dudes.

Bluecup Dreams is a hybrid adventure-platformer with basic combat (very basic in this release), custom weather effects, and fancy nintendo art and music!

You can switch between mouse and keyboard movement with F1 (WASD keys) and I left debug on because there's no reason to turn it off.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5wm3ufwkocm

I may work on this more, but frankly my interest level in working on freeware games has declined sharply as of late so this could be the end of Bluecup Dreams!

bog

Matti

Ah well, I worked on Vacations To Pay.

Since I haven't much motivation on starting all over again (and being working on other projects these days) this might never see the light of day.

Then again, perhaps I will consider remaking it. But if so this will be far in the future...

@Bog: Is this just a picture or is it a game?

bog

Ishmael

This screenshot is from an alpha version of the only ambitious project of mine to ever get anywhere from the planning stage, in one of it's twists of avant-gardeness. Since then said alpha and all it's resources are sadly lost, so they'd need redoing. I just haven't been arsed to start looking for people yet.

Why it is a very artifacty jpeg I really don't know.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

(deleted)

Nice looking material so far, comrades.

Progzmax: Your pixelular baking technique is always a pleasure to watch. That title screen is a gem.

AsimosVagan: Those backgrounds are heart-breaking. The Opera De Arame images seem like particularly well crafted tributes - Good luck finishing!

SPCaine: Just me, but I'd carry the brain in the cup, so I didn't get neuro-juices all over my clothes, or my, uhh, magazine.

JBurger: Again, it's always nice to see your prelim / sketch work. Your narrow color palette here is perfectly haunting - Looks like fertile grounds. I have to admit - The imagery and tone remind me of Carpenter's "The Thing" a bit (but that could be my lack of imaginary scope).

nihilyst: Those bgs look great - Any prospect of a finished title? If not - what was the story?

Ishmael: What happened? That sounds like a sad story: Let's all buy him a drink.

My submission [a day late, I guess?] is a demo of a title forthcoming. I wanted to get something into the outside oxygen so that the characters don't suffocate on my hard drive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk