Website thread?

Started by Sam., Fri 27/03/2009 20:39:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam.

Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Why, it's right here!

I cleaned up some empty space by adding in two more game references.

I did a sloppy pseudo-3d rework of the title as well, just to see how it looked.  I kind of like it.

Sam.

I like the 3d version. Did the old thread fall into a vortex?
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Probably an accident.  I'm sure an explanation will be forthcoming.

GarageGothic

Or the forum server turned sentient and is trying to tell us that that we should stop squabbling over the the design.  :P

ProgZ, I took the liberty of pasting your banner into the current site design. And while I appreciate your effort and skill, I don't really think the two styles work together:

In my opinion, the banner is much too busy and attention grabbing and the colors way too dark and saturated compared to the rest of the page. Conceptually I like it, though like Snarky I find the pixel art connotations too limiting and not representative of AGS' versatility. I think a more traditional font along with fewer but bigger characters - some of them pixellated, some hi-res - would make for a cleaner and more attractive banner. I also find that the shadows don't actually come across as shadows but rather as a dashed line.

Peder 🚀

I think thats awesome ProgZ ;D. I like that alot!

Though I do agree it might not fit the site design that much, but the idea is awesome and should definatly be used!

Pumaman

The original thread does seem to have disappeared ... all I can think is that a moderator must have done it by accident. Hopefully somebody will own up to it!

If we can't restore it we'll have to start a new one, but that would be rather unfortunate considering that it had something like 25 pages of posts in it...

EDIT: on further investigation it was accidentally deleted by one of our esteemed moderators... don't worry, I will be demanding extensive sexual favours as payback for this, but in the meantime I'll start a new thread...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk