Just Another Point n Click Adventure

Started by CMonkey, Thu 30/01/2003 01:44:50

Previous topic - Next topic

CMonkey

Holy underpants batman! It's Just Another Point n Click Adventure (Part 1)

Yes, i have finished a game, well part 1 of a game. I was going to release a demo but i think that 18 rooms is more than a demo, so it's part 1, and that's that.

I started this game about 100 years ago, and only in the last 6 months have i started working on it again, and it's finally ready.

Check out some screenies here:
http://www.geocities.com/lollygobbleblisbombs/CMonkey/Screenshots.htm

And download it here:
http://www.geocities.com/lollygobbleblisbombs/CMonkey/Downloads.htm

Zip file here:
http://www.geocities.com/lollygobbleblisbombs/CMonkey/JAPNCA.zip

Now geocities is a pain (i got shut down last time i put a demo up (many years ago)), so if someone is willing to host the game, i'd be most grateful.

Please make sure you read the readme first, it has some valuable info about the controls. I'm using a LEC style interface, but you can select options with the mouse wheel (if you have one) and via keyboard.

I won't tell you much about the story except that it's a LEC style game, with 2 usable characters (but not at the same time). Here are some stats to make it seem worth the download; the game has...

Rooms                     18 (2 Intro, 1 Credits, 15 interactable)
Sounds                    65
Flic                           1
Sprites                     544
Code                        Over 11 thousand lines
Inventory Items       23 Useable Items
GUI                          6 used
Dialogs                     24
Views                       33
Characters               13 used characters, 8 different characters

Um, yeah so there it is, download it! Tell me what you think, email me, help me, go! Go now! This is your life! and it's ending one minute at a time!

Andrew =0)
Andrew

Matt Brown

man..I wanna get this game..but the download doens't work..

somebody host this man! I am wanting to play!

EDIT: working now..so I am downloading. I'll edit again once I play

EDIT 2: DUDE! This game is pretty cool..in fact, I venture to say that this is one of the better AGS games I've played in a while...(and that's pretty impresive, seeing as I just finished search for the don and keptosh...

I'm stuck..but I'm a moron, and I always get stuck. I'll get unstuck soon.
word up

CMonkey

DAMN! I knew that would happen. It happened pretty quick though. I'd hate for my game to become unpopular because people couldn't download it!
Andrew

MrColossal

that's, ok just take the Butcher route and email it to everyone... then they'll really hate you

and i loved this demo when i played it, how the mom appeared like Manananannnananannanana

vunderbar
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

CMonkey

Wow, i didn't think anyone would remember the demo.

That's one of my favorite bits too, but theres another... but i can't say, wouldn't want to spoil it.
Andrew

CMonkey

It's possible to get the game again, but please go to the Downloads.htm instead of just getting the zip, geocities doesn't seem to like it if people just download files without going to the page and not seeing their adds, capitalist b.... hey! hey! booohuh huh huh haaaa
Andrew

Trapezoid

I checked the intro out, it looks great, I will definately play it. One question though, is there supposed to be music? I dont hear any.

CMonkey

There's no music in the game unfortunately. I was hoping someone woul help me out here  ::)
Andrew

Quickstrike

Trapezoid might write music for you.  He's good, very good.  If you haven't listened to "Don't be like the Sun" at: http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=3587

Do so now!  It's great!
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Trapezoid

Maybe... I'm not as dependable as M0Ds though. I could probably write a few new songs... Also consider using some songs from my MIDI30 library: http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=1721;start=0
Also, some music directly from LucasArts games would be cool. http://highland.mixnmojo.com

CMonkey

Some of the music from some LucasArts games would be cool. I love the Monkey Island 2 midi's. How does copyright work with those things? I know i've already used the Indy character, but could take him out given a day or two of animation. It's not like i'm trying to make money off the game though.

That highland link is really cool, i'll listen to those midis to inspire me to work on my game more.

I'm getting the other midi's now, if i want to use any of them, what do i do, just put them in and credit you in the credits?
Andrew

Trapezoid

Yep, also if there are some parts you can't find an appropriate song for, I could make one for you.
As for copyright issues, don't worry about it. There have been several games that have used LucasArts music, heck, play Night of the Hermit for a full blast copyright infringement. LucasArts shut down a couple of MI fan games right before EMI came out, but I believe that's it, so don't worry about it. ;D

MillsJROSS

I remember this game a while back...I'll be downloading it as soon as I can. I recommend everyone else do the same, because from what I remember, this was very well done.

-MillsJROSS

Matt Brown

okay. I lied. i need help

Spoiler
Im thinking I need some sort of pole to attach to my handy dandy coat hanger. Thats all I have..and I don't know what to do.
[close]
word up

CMonkey

Okay well have you...

Spoiler
Tried getting the "extension cord" in alistairs room? Notice how he doesn't want you to have it. Hmmmmm, how can we get rid of him??
[close]
Andrew

Trapezoid

I'm stuck almost at the same spot....
Spoiler
I have Allistair's cup, I can empty it and refill it in the sink, and put the laxatives in it. But when I put the cup back on the desk, Allistair never drinks it... what do I do?
[close]

Matt Brown

yeah...I got there too..and I arse stuck
word up

CMonkey

Hmmm, it doesn't seem like you've....

Spoiler
found the pretzels yet.
[close]

If you just look...
Spoiler
in the bin in andrews room you'll find them.
[close]

Remember the...
Spoiler
Seinfeld line "These pretzels are makin' me thirsty!
[close]

I always wanted to write a hintbook =0)
Andrew

Matt Brown

Spoiler
what is this? my little grappling hook doesn't open up the roof door? why not?
[close]
word up

CMonkey

Spoiler
That's not what it's for, you can get in there later, but not using that
[close]
Andrew

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk