Trihan
LGM
Akatosh
DanielH
Andorxor
Akatosh (again)
LGM (again)

Voting procedure:  Voting is closed!
  • Cast your vote for which of the two in each category that you think is the overall better story.
  • Feel free to include reasoning behind your pick or mini-reviews of each story. (But try not to reveal which story you worked on!)
  • Remember, it was a group activity so try to grade them as a whole.
  • Anyone who wants to vote, whether they participated or not can vote
  • You can vote for the story you worked on, but please try to be objective
  • Voting for each category will last 48 hours from the time the stories are posted.
  • After voting is over, I'll reveal the writers of each part!
  • Remember, it's just for fun!

DanielH

For Sci-fi, my vote goes for Be Quiet

Mostly because I think 'Be quiet' is a little better written (In terms of pacing and composure, and in spelling and grammar) And because I felt 'The Mission' drew too heavily from stories like Star Wars and Firefly (just my opinion).

For Adventure Game Parody,  Shpritz 2000 gets my vote. I just think it's better written, and is much more funny.

LGM

You. Me. Denny's.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I think Be Quiet was largely a better story than The Mission, though in both cases (and indeed, with every chain story I've read) you can see elements where one writer was trying to pull the narrative in one direction only to have it snapped back or distorted.  Still, Be Quiet is more cohesive and interesting to me than The Mission so it gets my vote!  

I'm also going to go with A "Hero's" Tale because Shpritz 2000, while amusing, reads more like a schizophrenic Groundhog Day than a concise story.

Atelier

I'm going to vote for Shpritz 2000, Be Quiet, and Oran's Awakening.

monkey0506

I'm following Prog on this and my votes are for Be Quiet and A "Hero's" Tale.

Be Quiet is a remarkable bit of collaboration, if I didn't know better I'd say it was written almost entirely by the same person! The Mission has quite a few instances where as Prog says the plotline gets distorted from where it seemed apparent that it was going.

Conversely to what Daniel said about Shpritz 2000 however, I didn't find it all that humorous myself. Between the two parodies I only laughed aloud once, and it was in A "Hero's" Tale when:

Spoiler
Harry tries to hit the guard with the loaf of bread and then:

"No!" Harry quietly yelled to himself, "That’s not what I was trying to do! Damn stupid game!"

That's the line that really got me because it's so true.
[close]

How many times in playing adventure games have we all encountered that situation? :=

TheJBurger

I'm voting for Be Quiet and Shpritz 2000.

"Be Quiet," although somewhat speedy at times, I think overall contains better storytelling, pacing, and structure than "The Mission." I also thought "The Mission" was at times a bit too much caught in the moment and didn't hold as well together as a larger story.

I liked "Shpritz 2000" better than "A Hero's Tale" partly because it set up what it was trying to do in the very first sequence (have a normal guy as a protagonist, unable to counter-act the unconscious whims of the player controlling him), and then continued that thread throughout the rest of the story. "A Hero's Tale" had a similar concept, but I feel that it wasn't as humorous in its execution, although it was a lot easier to follow.

[Cameron]

My votes go to Be Quiet & Shprtiz 2000. Both stories managed to draw me into their world, and I was driven to finish reading and see how it ends.
So yeah, they be my votes.

Wyz

I'm voting for Be Quiet
The story throughout as good consistency. The mission had a drawing appeal but some really weird plot twist unfortunately. :)

Close call for the adventure parodies. A "Hero's" Tale although its consistency got stuck at some point and lost it's flow. Shprinz 2000 has a really good consistency but end fairly abrupt. I vote Shprinz 2000.
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Intense Degree

For me Be quiet was the better of the two sci-fi ones in that it was more consistent whilst the mission was a little bit all over the place.

A Hero's Tale gets my vote for the parodies, less obviously amusing but more interesting and overall better.

Phemar

Haha what are the chances both of the stories I was in hardly get any votes.. :(

Anyhoo I'll vote for A Hero's Tale and The Mission.. because, well I helped write them ;)

Atelier

DanielH

Hey vince, any sign of the Fantasy tales?  :)

Vince Twelve

The person who has it now (person number 9) asked for a few hour extension because he was busy.  I hope to have it fairly soon here so I can pass it on to the last person.  The other fantasy story is done.

monkey0506

Quote from: Phemar on Thu 27/08/2009 18:57:00Anyhoo I'll vote for A Hero's Tale and The Mission.. because, well I helped write them ;)

You fool! Now you've gone and rigged the voting! Now everyone is going to vote for those two just because you worked on them!!! :P

...or avoid them like the plague coz you worked on them. ::)

Atelier

Stee: I probably confused you, sorry. Just post which one out of the two you like best.

Stee

How do I vote. Do I just pm you vince?
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Phemar

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Wed 26/08/2009 18:17:47
(But try not to reveal which story you worked on!)

Woops, think I missed this clause :/

Vince Twelve

Quote from: Stee on Thu 27/08/2009 20:55:29
How do I vote. Do I just pm you vince?

Just post your votes right here!  It's all very informal!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk