The Marionette (voice acting preview in the last post)

Started by auriond, Sun 08/11/2009 23:26:40

Previous topic - Next topic

auriond

Story
You play as Martin, a struggling sculptor. One evening he finds in his mail a strange white envelope, unmarked except for the number "1011" written in the top right corner. Inside is a photograph of a room with ropes hanging from the ceiling. He has barely registered that fact when he is struck unconscious, and later wakes to find himself in completely unfamiliar surroundings, with only a house nearby to offer any hope of help...

Screenshots (click to view larger versions)

Download the game: (89.9MB .rar or 95.7MB .zip)
http://themarionette.game-host.org/downloads.php

Peder 🚀

Finally ;D.
Downloading! ^^

Igor Hardy

Excellent. Congrats on finishing this ambitious project! Already downloading.

Peder 🚀

While talking to the man on the chair the game suddently just paused... and kept itself paused...
Dont remember in what order I did the dialog... But the last thing said was the deadly serious part I think!

bicilotti

Yay! But
Spoiler
I found a bug: after you've exited the bathroom/bedroom and talk again with Giuseppe, select the "whare are we" dialogue -> stuck
[close]

edit: Peder was quicker :P

edit II: finished, bad ending

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Mon 09/11/2009 00:29:18
While talking to the man on the chair the game suddently just paused... and kept itself paused...
Dont remember in what order I did the dialog... But the last thing said was the deadly serious part I think!

I have exactly the same problem. The game just hanged with the clock cursor not turning off.

auriond

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Mon 09/11/2009 00:29:18

I know there are some strange bugs in the game that seem to be a problem with AGS2.72 itself. We've looked through the code but everything seemed ok and it was only one tester that got problems like yours. We concluded it must be something on the computer interfering with AGS. :( I'm trying to reproduce the problem on my version but everything just works the way it's supposed to.

We're working on an AGS3.0 version now. Hopefully it'll solve the problems you mentioned.

edit: Just to make sure though - if any of you is able to reproduce this bug, can you post what you did here exactly?

Igor Hardy

I just asked Giuseppe about "Who brought me here?". But I don't seem able to reproduce the bug now. It hangs when there is a longer pause between what Giuseppe said and the hero commenting that he must accept staying in the house for the time being.

nihilyst

Didn't have that problem either.

Great game so far. Good amtosphere and music!

GreenBoy

Awesome.  Downloading.   8)

Dualnames

The game is totally awesome and definitely can touch some sensitive chords. At least a certain scene with Martin caught mine. The graphics are mind blowing, and the quality is definitely professional, way to go Auriond!!!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Vince Twelve

Wow, big congratulations on finishing such a long-in-development project!  I will play, but probably not for a while! Argh!  Too busy!  :'(

LimpingFish

Really happy to see The Marionette make it to the finish line. An original idea, executed with style.

Great work, Auriond. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Grim

Hey, I can't believe I missed it last night! Downloading now! I've really waited for this, you know:)

bicilotti

Bug

Spoiler
When the two talks after the Bayer party. "I've been thinking about us too..." and the game then freezes.

It is such a shame, since the first time the game didn't lock and I now have got what would probably get me the good ending.
[close]

eidit: managed to finish it after a fresh install. The strangest behaviour I've seen in an AGS game so far!

And congrats/many thanks for this nice game!

mdyoung40

i need help with the combination for the cell door,i tried the picture-2307 but it was wrong,i need help bad,thanks.

bicilotti

Quote from: mdyoung40 on Mon 09/11/2009 21:07:08
i need help with the combination for the cell door,i tried the picture-2307 but it was wrong,i need help bad,thanks.

mdyoung40

Spoiler
maybe another code is needed. Try looking closely at something that is in your inventory from the very beginning
[close]

solution

Spoiler
Examine the envelope the photograph came in. On it's back you'll find a number. Use it to unlock the door.
[close]

Also, this is porbably not the best palce to ask for help! Try the hints & tips forum next time, you'll sure get a fast answer.

nihilyst

Seems I encountered the same bug as bicilotti. Damn! I'll try to re-install it and see if it works.

auriond

Thanks everyone. I'm wondering if upgrading to AGS 3.0 might solve these odd game-stopping bugs. Seriously they're stressing me out, especially since only one person got them during beta testing and she could never recreate them. Now everyone and their little brother seem to be encountering them. :/

Well, on to 3.0 I guess. Also, voice-acting. Work doesn't stop here, unfortunately!

mdyoung40

to bicilotti,thanks a million for the combination to the cell,your a life saver,i thank you very much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk