Pop-Up Annoyance

Started by Frodo, Sat 15/05/2010 11:21:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

Hey there.   :)

Recently, when I visit Newly Added Games Page in AGS, I get a weird pop-up asking me for username and password for www.2dadventure.com.   :o

I have a screenshot, but don't know how to attach it here. 

Has anyone else found this?  Is it a problem with the site, or a problem with my computer?   ???

Sslaxx

Yeah, seems it's gone down and that some files were hosted there (avatars and the like), hence the username/password box.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Frodo

Thanks for the quick reply.   :)

But my avatar is hosted at Photobucket, not 2dadventure.
I'm not a member of 2dadventure.  ???

Frodo

Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Sat 15/05/2010 11:33:53
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=40890.0

Ahh, I didn't see that, sorry.  
So it's a hosting site?  Judging from the name 2dadventure, I had thought it was a gaming site.   ;)  
And I'm not the only one getting the message then  *glares at all you offenders whohave stuff hosted over there, lol*  

In any case, could an admin merge this thread with the other thread please?  Thanks.   :)

EDIT
My popup looks a bit different from the one in that other thread.  Mines is blue, and it also has the message:
'Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner'

NsMn

Mine looks different too - I guess it just depends on your browser.

Frodo

Pop-up is still there.  Could the offenders please remove reference to that site.  Thanks. 

:)

Frodo

This popup is becoming really annoying.   :-\

Since the offenders won't remove references to that site, does anyone know how to block it in IE? 

Dataflashsabot

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 09/06/2010 10:17:10
This popup is becoming really annoying.   :-\

Since the offenders won't remove references to that site, does anyone know how to block it in IE?  

Here's how

Stupot

Frodo

Quote from: Dataflashsabot on Wed 09/06/2010 10:52:05
Quote from: Frodo on Wed 09/06/2010 10:17:10
This popup is becoming really annoying.   :-\

Here's how

Are you the guilty party?   8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk