VOTE NOW! Chain Story - Broken Telephone Edition!

Started by Vince Twelve, Sat 29/05/2010 22:26:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Twelve

Phew, 2.5 weeks!  It's been a long haul!  But all the stories are in and here for your judging!  For those who are just showing up to read these crazy stories, you might want to understand how it worked by reading the rules here.

The three people who started the chain stories were given four sentences to choose from to start their stories.  The sentences were provided by our "celebrity" guest writer: Britain's reigning "Lit Idol" (because they cancelled the competition after he won it in 2005), my father, Otis Twelve!  :P

1)  Totally, completely, deliciously, and no doubt illegally naked, Tanya knew her clothes had to be in her car, but she had no idea where she’d left the damned thing.
2)  Randolf’s feet were beginning to burn, and the piano was getting heavier by the second.
3)  Poised on the event horizon, Sheila took exactly one billion years to sneeze.
4)  Melanie knew their marriage as over when she caught Harry eating baking powder straight from the box.

And what you're all here for: the stories!  Here they are!
We will have a vote to pick the best Chain Story, best Telephone Story and the best individual Image Contributions.

Here's how voting works:

Best team Chain Story - Vote for your favorite of the three Chain Stories.  These are the stories with the purple background.  Choose the one where you think the team worked together the best to create an interesting and entertaining story.  Just choose one.

Best team Telephone Story - Vote for your favorite of the three Telephone Stories.  These are the stories with the beige background.  Choose the one where you think the team worked together the best to create an interesting and entertaining story while sticking closely to the images that they were provided.  Just choose one.

Best individual image contribution - Vote for your favorite three images that you think best represented the story sections that they were assigned to illustrate.

EDIT: Just in case there was confusion, the three votes for images do not need to be one from each set.  They can be from any story.

All discussions welcome below!  I will reveal the names of each author/submitter after the voting is done.  Congrats and well done to all participants!  Voting lasts 48 hours.  GO!

*Awesome trophies by Jim Reed

Igor Hardy

WOW! Just Wow!

And why the hell is every deliciously naked woman's name Tanya?

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: Ascovel on Sat 29/05/2010 23:24:47
WOW! Just Wow!
Indeed!

And why the hell is every deliciously naked woman's name Tanya?

It's from the starting sentence.

Thanks to Vince for organising and running this! Thanks to Otis Twelve for the starting sentences (shame only 2 of them were used, I want to know what happens with the other 2! Is the Harry from 4 the same Harry from Set 1? :))

Now it's time for me to make my mind up for voting.. hmm!

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Sat 29/05/2010 23:34:06
It's from the starting sentence.

Ah, you're right! Somehow I've missed that.

The funniest story for me is definitely Blue. I now know where the teased about sex change took place.  :D

Stupot

Yeh, the blue-skinned woman was originally a blue-skinned man.
But there also seems to be a bit of confusion about the gender of Sam in 'The New Breed'

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Stupot on Sat 29/05/2010 23:45:43
But there also seems to be a bit of confusion about the gender of Sam in 'The New Breed'

About the gender? I think the gender is 100% consistent. But the identity of Sam can be a bit...

Jim Reed

Telephone Story 1 has two parts that are the same, from two authors, which is highly improbible. I think something went worng there.

Author 5 and 7:
**And then I remembered. I took off the dream inducing helmet, thanked the four doctors and pocketed my five hundred. I mean, us poor students have to manage somehow. I strolled with a smile, exiting the laboratory and heading off to the "blood donation for money" foundation. As I was crossing the university park I saw my sister, naked, running towards a crowd. The rain started falling, and I wondered what kind of mess did she get herself in to now.**

Votes:
Chain story 3
Telephone story 3

Story 1 Image Submission 7
Story 2 Image Submission 1
Story 3 Image Submission 6

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Jim Reed on Sun 30/05/2010 00:02:30
Telephone Story 1 has two parts that are the same, from two authors, which is highly improbible. I think something went worng there.

Author 5 and 7:
**And then I remembered. I took off the dream inducing helmet, thanked the four doctors and pocketed my five hundred. I mean, us poor students have to manage somehow. I strolled with a smile, exiting the laboratory and heading off to the "blood donation for money" foundation. As I was crossing the university park I saw my sister, naked, running towards a crowd. The rain started falling, and I wondered what kind of mess did she get herself in to now.**

That's probably supposed to be the classic "dream loop" - you wake up and experience the same thing as happened a moment earlier inside the dream, then wake up again - exactly the same happens, and so on...

discordance

SUITE NOT SWEET

Sorry, I honestly can spell, usually. ANYWAY, covering up that little mistake, I guess I will very impartially VOTE:

Chain story 3
Telephone story 3

Story 1 image 5
Story 2 image 6
Story 3 image 5

Thanks everyone, it's been a hoot

Vince Twelve

Quote from: Jim Reed on Sun 30/05/2010 00:02:30

Ack.  No. That's a copy/paste error on my part.  I fixed it.  Sorry.

Also, just in case there was confusion, the three votes for images do not need to be one from each set.  They can be from any story.

Wonkyth

Chain Stories 1 and 2 have the same starting sentence, is that supposed to be the case?

Votes:

Chain Story 3

Telephone Story 1

Story 1, Image 6
Story 2, Image 7
Story 1, Image 1

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Atelier

Chain Story 2
Telephone Story 3

Story 1 Image Submission 7
Story 2 Image Submission 7
Story 3 Image Submission 5

Igor Hardy

Chain Story 3: The New Breed

Telephone Story 1: Untitled

Story 1 Image Submission 3
Story 3 Image Submission 1

Wyz

Well that was fun :D

Votes:
Chain story 1
Telephone story 1

Story 2 Image Submission 5
Story 3 Image Submission 7
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Tuomas

Sorry for bailing out on my last story guys. I'm looking forward to reading these and will be voting later on-.

Bulbapuck

These are great! So excellently weird ;D

My votes:
Chain story 3: The new breed
Telephone story 3: Blue

Story 1, Image 5
Story 2, Image 3
Story 3, Image 4

Sinitrena

Funny - and great. I enjoyed all stories!

My votes:

Chain story 3: The New Breed
Telephone Story 2: Nightmares

Story 2, Image 1
Story 2, Image 3
Story 3, Image 7

tzachs

Hmmm, it seems that the last paragraph I've written for my entry in chain story 2 is missing (author 6)! It would have probably changed the ending quite a bit if it weren't cut away...
Other than that (and the fact that my blue skinned man decided to turn into a woman  :o), great stories!

I vote for:
Chain story 3
Telephone story 3

Story 2 Image 3
Story 1 Image 6
Story 3 Image 4

Vince Twelve

Oops!  That is a mistake only on the html version.  If you download the doc from the top of the page you'll see it in there.  I'll put that last paragraph into the html version ASAP.  It was on the document passed to the last writer and didn't affect the ending, so no worries there!

EDIT: One more day for voting!

Privateer Puddin'

Votes:
Chain Story 1
Telephone Story 3

Story 1 Image 7
Story 2 Image 7
Story 3 Image 2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk