Modules + Plugins (Plus a couple of interesting codes)

Started by Dualnames, Fri 09/07/2010 04:42:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

MODULES:

Download Modules with Demos
All modules and their demos and occasionally old versions are included. That explains the 55 MB size of them.

Download Modules without Demos
All modules  occasionally old versions are included. That explains the 2 MB size of them.

PLUGINS:

All modules and their demos and occasionally old versions are included. That explains the 55 MB size of them.

PLUGINS:

Download Plugins with Demos
All plugins and their demos and occasionally old versions are included. That explains the 29 MB size of them.

If the list is troubling you, I'm sorry, this was done in the best way i could categorize them. If a module/tool isn't there, sorry it's hard to constantly upload them, but it can be done so report it.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 09/07/2010 04:42:08
it would be great if one could download all single modules.

Yes. That wiki page is becoming really obsolete. The modules should be sorted by version compatibility, if possible.

Additionally, why not create a big pack with most interesting modules (see Calin Leafshade initiative), also downloadable on the wiki page.

Another solution would be to include the stable modules in a subfolder of AGS, a bit like "autoit" does with the subfolder called "UDF" (user-defined functions) -- which  turns out to be of great value. (see http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/UDF )

EDIT: rephrased my post.

Dualnames

The original idea was to update that wiki page. Anyhow.

EDIT: It may seem like an easy task, but it's mostly impossible and boring to do so.
And there was a PDF Tom Valeendepole made (sorry if i killed your surname Electroshokker)

I'm sure I contain possibly every AGS module. Plus some great plugins and various coding snippets and templates.

EDIT2: Name one person that has the salvaged version of the Quake Console module that Ashen scripted with me some years ago.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 09/07/2010 11:13:57
EDIT2: Name one person that has the salvaged version of the Quake Console module that Ashen scripted with me some years ago.

I think I have it - I wanted to compare it with mine. Remind me this week end by PM (I'm at work at the moment).

Dualnames

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Fri 09/07/2010 13:09:54
Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 09/07/2010 11:13:57

I think I have it - I wanted to compare it with mine. Remind me this week end by PM (I'm at work at the moment).

Gee, you have that. :o
If it says Ashen on, it's just you and me, and a couple of some other guys. Anyhow if anyone feels like it I can give out my collection as a downloadable file.

Crimson Wizard

I have a proposal to make a categorized list somwhere, like

Scripting Modules - the ones that give you more scripting opportunities (e.g, Stack, StringPlus, Calin's Utility)
Feature Modules - the ones that add some complete feature already usable in game (Flashlight, Credits, High Scores module, etc)
Engine Modules - ones that act as a base for certain game genre
Graphic Modules - 3d, Smooth Scrolling, etc

and so on.

Dualnames

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 09/07/2010 17:12:12
I have a proposal to make a categorized list somwhere, like

Scripting Modules - the ones that give you more scripting opportunities (e.g, Stack, StringPlus, Calin's Utility)
Feature Modules - the ones that add some complete feature already usable in game (Flashlight, Credits, High Scores module, etc)
Engine Modules - ones that act as a base for certain game genre
Graphic Modules - 3d, Smooth Scrolling, etc

and so on.

That'd be easier. It's hard to categorize modules by compatibility, cause A)I have to test them B)I'm bored C)Look at B.
I think it'd be great if someone downloaded all AGS modules at once. It'd be great.

Snake

I always thought it would be great to categorize the modules, exactly like Crimson Wizard already wrote, but even more specific than that.

For instance:

Selecting Graphic Modules would bring up a menu:
  - Weather
  - Screen Effects
  - Scrolling Modules
  - etc...

This would absolutely make it easier to find a specific kind of module instead of sifting through hundreds of modules of different kinds thrown together. It's such a pain in the goat-ass to find something here on the forums.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Atelier

Dualnames

Okay I'm gonna gather the remaining modules I may lack (I doubt it), and I'll upload them. Then I'll shape em up in folders.

EDIT:
1 Graphic Modules
2 Multimedia Modules
3 File Modules
4 GUI Modules
5 Dialog Modules
6 Misc Modules

Mehrdad

Hi
sorry for up old topic.links seems not work for me. is any mirror link please?(modules+Plugins with demos)
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

dbuske

What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Dualnames

Quote from: dbuske on Sat 30/04/2011 16:40:17
The links are bad.  I get advertising.

I was kindly given some web-space from xenogia, but it seems that he "forgot" to pay his service, so I'm gonna update the links soon, if anyone with stable hosting wants to host those files, it'd be useful (not for me, but for the community), otherwise i was thinking of making a torrent, if people are willing to seed.

Rocco

I can host this on the maniac mansion mania webspace.
I have already the two files with demos included, so i can upload these two immediatly.
But need the other 2 noDemoVersions.

ok so here we go with the first two:
Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 09/07/2010 04:42:08
MODULES:

PLUGINS:

Download Plugins with Demos
All plugins and their demos and occasionally old versions are included. That explains the 29 MB size of them.

If the list is troubling you, I'm sorry, this was done in the best way i could categorize them. If a module/tool isn't there, sorry it's hard to constantly upload them, but it can be done so report it.

Mehrdad

Hi

Thanks a lot Rocco & Dualnames and other friends.download done and successful.

Mehrdad
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk