Whatever happened to the AGI Wiki?

Started by cosmicr, Fri 29/10/2010 04:07:38

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmicr

I'm the dude who started and maintained it back in the day, but I've been out of the game for quite some time and it seems to have disappeared? I know SCUMMVM supports AGI now and some of the info seems to be on their wiki, but not a lot of the hard work I did. Any AGI refugees here who knows what happened?

Gilbert

By AGIWiki did you mean the one hosted on agigames.com? It seems to still be functional, though not much information is available. Okay, it's not functional, and I think the site hasn't be maintained for years now. (Hint: Seems that you can use the Wayback Machine to recover some of the pages.)

SCUMMVM supported AGI since it absorbed Sarien, and as you mentioned the AGI pages on their pages has a fair share of information (technical ones at least).

Personally I'll say that the best and most up-to-date document comes from the manual of Winagi, the AGI Specification part of it has updated information not seen elsewhere (most other places only has the old versions, including SCUMMVM's wiki), like for example in the PICTURE resource format part it has the exact line-drawing algorithm from the original engine (though with a very nasty typo, obtained via reverse engineering), not the "approximate" version.

Phemar

This is from the news section at agigames.com:

QuoteNovember 13, 2007, 08:06:06 PM by smartguy240
Just to let everyone know:

The AGI Wiki has been experiencing various problems lately.  These problems include, but are not limited to: spam,  vandalization, and Wiki bot manipulation. 

These issues have been noted and there will be scheduled downtime of the Wiki coming very soon.  If you visit the Wiki and it does not seem to be functioning properly, you know why

Thanks,
Patrick

Al_Ninio

Scheduled downtime since 2007.
That's some hardcore maintenance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk