Re: AGSEditor: CHRISTMAS! New Version: 24/12/10

Started by Calin Leafshade, Sat 30/10/2010 02:07:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteFixed some broken character dragging/selecting code

What was broken, exactly?  ???

Calin Leafshade

Umm the character selection code.

It essentially assumed the character position was the bottom left corner (I assume because you copied the object code)

So characters wouldnt select if you clicked them anywhere left of their centre line. The bounding box was off to the right by half the sprite's width.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I wouldn't call that broken but yeah, looking at the code now it's something I introduced when I went back to adjust the upscaling of characters based on the zoom level without having saved some earlier fixes.  I wish someone had reported this was happening in the latest version, but you caught it so well done!  Hopefully the comments I left were helpful.

Knox

Do you guys think that eventually Tzach's version can be merged into Calin's + ProgZ's (once all bugs are gone I guess)...all three are really cool features :)
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Calin Leafshade

Yea, that seems wise now that tzach has released his code.

I'll merge all the code this evening and release all 3 in 1.

Matti

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Thu 23/12/2010 18:33:10
I'll merge all the code this evening and release all 3 in 1.

Splendid! I'm waiting for that.

Knox

--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

tzachs

Indeed awesome, thank you Calin for saving me (or rather CJ?) the work.
When you release it you can name it the humble ags editor bundle.  :D
Also, out of curiosity, what do you use for the merging (you seem to be doing that pretty fast)?

Calin Leafshade

ha, Merging is done with my own brain :p

The three branches have largely dealt with entirely different aspects of the editor so there hasnt been much overlap.

The merging is actually done but i'm trying to update the version of scintilla (the script editor).

It is not going well :/

The script editing wrapper class is a mess.

to quote CJ's comments:

Quote// This class is a bit of a mess ... autocomplete is out of control!!

tzachs

What? That's crazy!  :o
How do you know which files have been changed (and I changed a lot)?
Have you seen WinMerge? Or Beyond Compare?

Calin Leafshade

Datestamps and common sense mainly.

I can tell what you edited by the date modified.

Calin Leafshade

Ok heres a version including all the updates done so far.

You should of course check to see if I have made any fuck ups combining the code (this is very possible ^_^)

http://www.thethoughtradar.com/AGS/Editor/AGSChristmasEdition.zip

I have also added some other things:

- Code folding in the script editor (yay)
- Updated the formatting in the script editor to make things a little more readable.
- Characters and objects now display their co-ords when dragged around a room.
- Fixed GuiControl copy/paste
- Some minor refactoring of ProgZ's code.
- Fixed the IrrKlang error.
- Tidied up some of my atrocious code whilst in awe of Tzachs' coding skillz.

There is probably more to mention but i havent slept yet.. sleep nao plz.

Will release src later today.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Aha, the dialog script font and presentation is a solid improvement.  Also, it's great to have find and replace added to it.

Yeppoh

Just reporting some issues with the latest release.

QuoteError: Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' ou une de ses dépendances. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.
Version: AGS 3.2.0.103

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' ou une de ses dépendances. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.
Nom du fichier : 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
  à AGS.Editor.ScintillaWrapper.GetAutoCompleteScriptList()
  à AGS.Editor.ScintillaWrapper.FindGlobalVariableOrType(String type, Boolean& staticAccess)
  à AGS.Editor.ScintillaWrapper.ParsePreviousExpression(Int32 startAtPos, String& charactersAfterDot, Boolean& staticAccess, Boolean& isThis)
  à AGS.Editor.ScintillaWrapper.GetFinalPartOfExpression(Int32 currentPos, ScriptStruct& memberOfStruct, Boolean functionsOnly)
  à AGS.Editor.ScintillaWrapper.ShowCalltip(Int32 openingBracketPos, Int32 parameterIndex, Boolean functionsOnly)
  à AGS.Editor.ScintillaWrapper.scintillaControl1_DwellStart(Object sender, DwellStartEventArgs e)
  à Scintilla.ScintillaControl.DispatchScintillaEvent(SCNotification notification)
  à Scintilla.ScintillaControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This File not found exception happens randomly when a script pane is open and I scroll, or click on the menu.

Then the ags LUA Plugin doesn't seem compatible with this editor version.

tzachs

Calin, I've changed the AgsEditor project to target dot net 3.5, and added the System.Core reference. That's probably the problem.

Calin Leafshade

Ahh, ok I'll take a look at that.

I'll release the src and a new version once the new dialog script lexer is ready for testing, which will hopefully be tomorrow evening.

Yeppoh

Good work guys! Merry Christmas! Have a good time with friends and family.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk