[MAGS] Oceanspirit Dennis Gets Textual

Started by ddq, Fri 31/12/2010 23:49:18

Previous topic - Next topic

ddq

Oceanspirit Dennis Gets Textual
Game by me, some sprites by Ponch, music by Dualnames, beta testing by Arj0n and Wonkyth.

Oceanspirt Dennis and his new Japanese boyfriend have to stop the dark lord Internet! But will he instead banish them to a torturous realm of existence so horrible that none have returned alive and sane? Maybe!

Recently update with numerous improvements, including...
-Auto-target if only one enemy remains.
-Monster sprites, with help from lovable Ponch
-Enemies can now randomly respawn.
-More balanced difficulties, easy is now default. "Hard" is now "Expert".
-New dungeon room and new rare item.
-Bug fizes.

Download

Get the source

Moogle

Dont mind me asking, But does this take place after OSD.ray of hope & OSD.Bop?
OSD online

Galen

Quote from: mog.net on Sat 01/01/2011 04:30:28
Dont mind me asking, But does this take place after OSD.ray of hope & OSD.Bop?
By george it's important we have the right plot continuity!

kconan

I love that old school font, reminds me of classic games like Wizard's Crown and Phantasie.

ddq

With regard to the timeline, this game occurs after The Naked and the Ninja. It also implies two other games between N&N and it.

Tamanegi

I think I found a bug:
Spoiler
Shortly after the first (beatable) boss fight, there was a door left but no keys. The door was on the far right edge of the map. Plus, there was a differently-looking door somewhere at the bottom.
[close]
Don't Look! MAGS 12-2010
Mediocre Expectations Current development blog

Ponch

Quote from: Tamanegi on Sun 02/01/2011 22:12:36
I think I found a bug:

There are no bugs in OSD games. Only challenging and unexpected features!

Also, nice game. What's next for OSD? I can only assume it will be some sort of collectible card game. Or possibly paper dolls of some sort. ;)

tzachs

This was fun, and also:
I have beaten the Internet, muhahaha!

Khris

Realyl cool little game, I'm playing it on Normal and the Chickens are beating the crap out of me :)
One little suggestion for a future version: if there's only one enemy left, one shouldn't have to select it.

arj0n

Quote from: Khris on Tue 11/01/2011 08:04:47
One little suggestion for a future version: if there's only one enemy left, one shouldn't have to select it.
Ah, now that was the one that I was forgotten to point out ddq, thanx Khris.

ddq

Autoselecting the last enemy is a feature that people have been pushing for, and I admit that the game suffers without it. I'll hopefully update it today to add it in.

Also, remember to vote! Doesn't matter which game you choose, so long as your voice is heard!

EDIT: I made the change, but am adding another, bigger, more mysterious one before I upload the new version.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk