FPS loading icon

Started by Icey, Thu 10/02/2011 04:11:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Is there any way I can have AGS check if the FPS is low to show a GUI with a animating icon until the FPS is to the point were the game will run a little more faster?

Ryan Timothy B

Are you speaking of:

Debug(4, 1);

Or literally some kind of loading screen? Not sure why it would be looking at the FPS rate, it shouldn't bog down much on the room loadings.

Icey

I mean I don't think I want the FPS to be visible but if some was playing and the game started going slow I just want to set the position of a GUI with a animating/non-clickable button to pop up. then if the game goes normal speed again it goes away.

Like a buffering icon for when the game goes slow.

Gilbert

As far as I know the Debug() FPS feature is good for nothing because you need to enable debug mode to use it, which is a big NO for game releases and also it will only shows the information on screen so you cannot address the value via scripting.

Scorpiorus had written a software FPS detecting function and that may be of use to you. (Though personally I'll rather want the engine to have an internal function for it.)

Dualnames

Quote from: Studio3 on Thu 10/02/2011 04:29:27
I mean I don't think I want the FPS to be visible but if some was playing and the game started going slow I just want to set the position of a GUI with a animating/non-clickable button to pop up. then if the game goes normal speed again it goes away.

Like a buffering icon for when the game goes slow.

I just modularized(?) Scorpiorus code.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6bjl510l1phh11f

EDIT: Gilbet you seem to remember it as well :D
EDIT2: Changed my choice of words :P
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Icey

OK I will check it out.

Thanks guys.

Gilbert

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 10/02/2011 05:00:51
Scorpiorus made an FPS module. I just modularized(?) it.
If that's already a module in the first place, do you need to re-modularise it? :=

Dualnames

Quote from: Iceboty V7000a on Thu 10/02/2011 05:38:05
Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 10/02/2011 05:00:51
Scorpiorus made an FPS module. I just modularized(?) it.
If that's already a module in the first place, do you need to re-modularise it? :=

I thought he actually made a module, but seems he didn't really. Just nevermind what I said, he just had the code and not the file :P
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk