AGS 3.2.1 now released!

Started by Pumaman, Sun 03/04/2011 19:08:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumaman

It's been a long time, but AGS 3.2.1 is now officially released.

Changes in this version include:

* Added Find/Replace In All Files capability (Tzach Shabtay)
* Added GUI control snapping, alignment, grouping and locking to GUI editor (Steven Poulton)
* Added loop cut/copy/paste, Flip All Frames and Import From Sprite Folder options to Views in editor, to access this right-click to the right of the loop (Tzach Shabtay)
* Added RGB colour selector to the various colour properties (ProgZmax)
* Added Characters option to room editor to show all characters set to start in that room (ProgZmax)
* Added Find All Usages right-click option to script editor (Tzach Shabtay)
* Added current co-ordinates display while dragging objects/characters in room editor (Steven Poulton)
* Added syntax colouring to dialog scripts (Steven Poulton)
* Added Dialog.ShowTextParser script property (CJ)
* Upgraded to latest version of LEC template (abstauber)
* Middle mouse button now activates the "Copy co-ordinates to clipboard" option in all the room editor modes (ProgZmax)
* Fixed D3D tints not working properly (3.2 regression) (Nefasto)
* Fixed crash drawing GUIs with no background (3.2 regression) (CJ)
* Fixed crash restoring/restarting depending on state of crossfading (CJ)
* Fixed intermittent crash moving objects and using the Ctrl+A debug option (CJ)
* Fixed "crossfade buffer null attempting transition" if you restored a save game that had a different current transition type to the current game position (CJ)
* Fixed script editor tooltips getting stuck if they appeared over the tab bar at the top of the editor (Tzach Shabtay)
* Fixed editor error if you deleted a room that a character was set to start in (CJ)
* Fixed co-ordinates displayed in room editor not reflecting Low-Res Co-ordinates setting (ProgZmax)

If you're still using 3.1.2 SP1, then this release also includes the changes in 3.2 which never had a website release:

* Rewrote audio system. The old number-based sound and music are gone, replaced with new named audio clips. Added AudioClip.*, AudioChannel.*, Game.IsAudioPlaying, Game.SetAudioTypeVolume, Game.StopAudio, System.AudioChannels, System.AudioChannelCount, System.Volume, ViewFrame.LinkedAudio script commands.
* Added Game.IgnoreUserInputAfterTextTimeoutMs, Maths.Exp, Maths.Log, Maths.Log10, Maths.Cosh, Maths.Sinh, Maths.Tanh
* Added option to automatically add side borders when running 4:3 games on widescreen monitors
* The generated EXE version information is now set to your Game Name and Developer Name instead of "Adventure Game Studio" and "Chris Jones"
* Added new LEC-style template by abstauber
* Added Applies To feature to custom properties, so that you can have properties that only apply to Rooms or Characters, for example
* Added menu option to remove old Global Messages from the game, to stop them coming out in translation sources
* Added support for anti-aliased TTF fonts in all situations where they weren't previously supported.
* Added $APPDATADIR$ support to File.Open to allow you to write files to an accessible folder that is not the Save Games folder
* Added eMouseMiddleInv support to on_mouse_click
* Added editor plugin API methods IGUIController.ActivePane, IRoomController.PreSaveRoom
* Added plugin API events AGSE_PRESAVEGAME and AGSE_POSTRESTOREGAME
* Improved graphics mode detection so that the screen doesn't keep flickering when trying to start up a low-res game full screen
* Improved colour quality of mini-sprites displayed in sprite manager
* Improved the user-friendliness of some error messages, thanks to Error Reporting
* Improved editor robustness to recover if the Game.agf.user file was corrupt
* Winsetup now displays the game name in the title bar instead of "Adventure Game Studio"
* Disabled editor option to save changes whilst the game was running, since doing so  could cause sprite file corruption
* Editor property grid now displays a drop-down list instead of a text box when selecting a font or room
* Changed the pathfinder so that the character cannot get stuck if he ends up outside one of the room edges
* Removed limit on number of text parser words
* Renamed the "handle inventory clicks in script" general setting to better reflect what it does
* Removed room properties Play Music On Load, Music Volume and Save/Load Enabled since they are now obsolete
* Mouse.IsButtonDown now works with eMouseMiddle
* "Export all sprites in folder" command now exports 32-bit sprites as PNGs to prevent losing the alpha channel
* Improved error handling if you passed an int to a string argument in String.Format
* The Restart Point save file (AGSSAVE.999) is no longer deleted when you quit the game,  to fix a problem where RestartGame didn't work if you started the game by double-clicking an Enhanced Save Game file in explorer
* Disallowed accented characters like é in script names in the editor, because they wouldn't compile
* Dynamic sprite deletion warning is now only displayed on exit if Debug Mode is turned on
* Fixed sprite entry getting duplicated if you dragged a sprite to the end of the list
* Fixed crash with Hq2x and Hq3x graphics filters (3.1.2 regression)
* Fixed character/object tints and light levels in D3D not matching DX5
* Fixed TintScreen in D3D so that it looks the same as DX5
* Fixed Sierra-style speech box moving if the room was scrolled while it was displayed
* Fixed error running game and problems with save games if there were unicode characters in the folder path
* Fixed GUI controls not updating properly if the control moved under the mouse, but the mouse didn't move
* Fixed theora video being permanently muted after you played one video with muted audio
* Fixed Dynamic Sprites causing memory corruption if a mouse cursor was set to sprite 0
* Fixed Compress Sprites setting not taking effect until you next edited some sprites
* Fixed GUI AdditiveOpacity mode not working properly if you tried to have a non-alpha sprite on an alpha GUI
* Fixed light levels >100% not working with Direct3D driver
* Fixed Object.MergeIntoBackground not working with Direct3D driver
* Fixed IsKeyPressed not working with the following keys: [ ]  ; ' , . /
* Fixed struct member functions with more than 9 parameters giving run-time error
* Fixed File commands looking in the wrong directory if you launched the game by double-clicking a save game in explorer
* Fixed SetBackgroundFrame in Player Enters Screen event causing old frame to flash up briefly with D3D driver
* Fixed Make Default Language command crashing if two different source lines mapped to the same translated line
* Fixed run-time error if you returned a string from a function that was a member of a local dynamic array
* Fixed sprite cache corruption if you had a single sprite larger than 20 MB
* Fixed Room.GetDrawingSurfaceForBackground and Character.PlaceOnWalkableArea to give error message instead of crash if you called them from game_start
* Fixed GUI label text not being anti-aliased if there was a background image but the BGColor was set to 0
* Fixed editor crash creating new game if your Windows username had unicode characters in it
* Fixed Views tree collapsing after renaming or drag-dropping a view
* Fixed editor crash on startup if you made the editor window very small before closing it down last time
* Fixed editor crash if you set an object's image to -1
* Fixed character gliding if he bumped into another solid character and the character's MovementLinkedToAnimation property was false
* Fixed DynamicSprite.Rotate cropping 1 pixel off the left side when rotating an image with an odd width/height
* Fixed ShakeScreenBackground not clearing letterbox borders properly if you switched from a large to a small shake
* Fixed "Internal compiler error: table overflow" if there were a lot of imported functions/variables
* Fixed when importing an 8-bit image, if there was another palette slot in the image with the same colour as the transparent slot it got changed to black
* Fixed Game.SpriteWidth/SpriteHeight returning the size of the blue cup instead of 0 if you supplied an invalid sprite number
* Fixed script editor issue if you typed some text, switched to another tab, then came back and did Undo
* Fixed autocomplete editor crash if there was a line break inside an array indexer
* Fixed compiler crash if a dialog script just had a @ on a line on its own
* Fixed editor crash if you tried to use a non-icon file as TEMPLATE.ICO
* Fixed sprite import window crash if you right-clicked in the second stage of tiled import
* Fixed mouse cursor being drawn in dialog options in DX5 mode even when Mouse.Visible was set to false
* Fixed no line number provided when DynamicSprite.CreateFromDrawingSurface threw an error
* Fixed script editor crash if you saved the script while the final function was missing its closing brace
* Fixed the editor Preferences window only allowing you to type 5 characters in if you wanted to manually enter a path for the New Game Directory or Import Directory
* Fixed "Close all other tabs" crashing if a room editor with unsaved changes was one of the other tabs
* Fixed changing a walk-behind baseline not marking the room as modified
* Fixed editor crash XmlException: An error occurred while parsing EntityName.
* Fixed compilation errors if you named a character with only numeric digits, eg "c500"

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/AGS-3.2.1.exe

(if you were using the betas, this is the same release as 3.2.1 Final 3).

If no major issues are reported in the next week or so, I'll create the RAR release and update the website.

SSH

Now I'm worried that this is an April Fool...

Gilbert

Why? It's already 3rd April... (Even for you late people it must have been 2nd already.)

WHAM

I just realized I REALLY should update my AGS as well. (3.1.2 SP 1)

Good show, Mr Pumaman, Sir! Good show, indeed!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

theo

Sweet! Will be upgrading immediately.

Lots of nice new features and fixes! These two struck me as extra lovely:

* Middle mouse button now activates the "Copy co-ordinates to clipboard" option in all the room editor modes (ProgZmax)
* Fixed D3D tints not working properly (3.2 regression) (Nefasto)

Thanks CJ and everyone else who's been involved in this new version. I truly appreciate your effort.

dbuske

working well. Haven't had a problem yet.
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

stepsoversnails

so many great new features.
I love how clean my GUIs look now.
And the new sound group just pulls at my little OCD heart.
I did however run into a problem. I went to check out the new Show Characters feature on the room editor.
When i clicked on a character in the room i got and error.
I sent an error report.
I was running a game made in the previous editor, if that helps.

Dave Gilbert

I love the mousewheel-click-to-get-screen-coordinates functionality, although it does one finicky thing.  If you have a room that scrolls vertically, pressing the mouse button scrolls the room view up a bit before nabbing the coordinates. 

Jackpumpkinhead

does this have a new help file too
currently on an indefinite hold.

Dualnames

Is it just me or is it too hard to work on an already made GUI?

The orientation thingie is cool, but when I make the slightest of clicks on a control and having forgot to use LOCK on it, it moves. That's terribly annoying, can we somehow enable and disable new stuff. Same goes for that +. That's annoying as well.

I can rant all day, but perhaps those going with an answer "You're wrong", better think again.
I apologize for my style, but goddamn it, both of those are so annoying. I just want to shut down just orientation and that + sh#$.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Scavenger

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 06/04/2011 13:46:43
The orientation thingie is cool, but when I make the slightest of clicks on a control and having forgot to use LOCK on it, it moves. That's terribly annoying, can we somehow enable and disable new stuff. Same goes for that +. That's annoying as well.

Perhaps you should only be able to move selected GUI objects, having to click on it once to select it, and again to actually register the movement? People don't as often accidentilly double click items.

I have a bug. The RGB colour selector only works up to Index 31. The rest of my palette slots are represented by the 16bit colour space (blue, in this case). This is incredibly annoying, as my palette has 64 colours in it with three control colours in indexes 252-255, and I don't want to keep tabbing from the palette pane to the GUI pane to fix it. Perhaps the RGB colour selector should check if the game is in 8bit and adjust itself accordingly?

TomatoesInTheHead

Speaking of the GUI, I noticed it is no longer possible to click on the background to select the GUI in the properties editor, instead you have to select it in the dropdown list of the properties editor. (this worked in 3.1.2 SP1)

Also, if you change the size of GUI elements using the mouse, the width/height values don't update in the properties editor, only after deselcting and re-selecting the control. Works fine with left/top though. (this one didn't work in 3.1.2 SP1, too)

dbuske

I noticed that only the characters will show up in the room editor in the first room.  Other rooms they don't show up.

monkey0506

Uh..dbuske, I just tested..and that's working fine. Do you actually have any characters actually set to start in those other rooms? Because the "Characters" setting for the rooms is only designed to show characters that start in that room.

dbuske

I see.  I thought the major character would show up every room.

tzachs

Quote from: TomatosInTheHead on Wed 06/04/2011 14:10:05
Also, if you change the size of GUI elements using the mouse, the width/height values don't update in the properties editor, only after deselcting and re-selecting the control. Works fine with left/top though. (this one didn't work in 3.1.2 SP1, too)
This was a simple fix to make, so I checked in a fix to the dev branch.

hedgefield

I've been having occasional trouble triggering the autocomplete. Sometimes it just stop working from one moment to the next. I then have to build/run the game to reactivate it. Doesn't matter if it compiles without errors or not, just the act of running it somehow kicks up the autocomplete again.

jomalin

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 03/04/2011 19:08:41
If no major issues are reported in the next week or so, I'll create the RAR release and update the website.

Sorry but I don't believe you... xD

dbuske

Quote from: hedgefield on Fri 08/04/2011 12:00:43
I've been having occasional trouble triggering the autocomplete. Sometimes it just stop working from one moment to the next. I then have to build/run the game to reactivate it. Doesn't matter if it compiles without errors or not, just the act of running it somehow kicks up the autocomplete again.
I have had the same problem since I started using AGS.  Through all the versions.
Maybe it is a problem that shows up in Windows 7, 64-bit.

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: dbuske on Wed 13/04/2011 17:57:16
I have had the same problem since I started using AGS.  Through all the versions.
Maybe it is a problem that shows up in Windows 7, 64-bit.

I don't remember if it happened in the previous versions, but from what I'm experiencing right now, the autocomplete either forgets room objects when you Build/Compile  or won't just load them to begin with (in both cases opening the relative room in the editor and switching back to its script makes the room objects appear on the list)

- Alan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk