Technobabylon III

Started by CoolGuy, Mon 11/04/2011 00:02:12

Previous topic - Next topic

mdyoung40

i used the spoon and the token,the spoon is to thick and the token is used by the food machine..no luck.i got the trance symbol and she trys to use it on him she said he is sick so she dosen't use it

Tabata

I am not really sure, if I understood what you did already,
so I am kind of "fishing in the dark" with it, but
have you already tried to get medical help for Guy?

rrd13

hi folks..i am ready to scream..i have had several episodes where i got it down to 2 red nodules! but for the life of me..and my patience..i am ready to chuck this game..can anybody explain the methode to this madness..is there any rhyme or reason to get the nodule down to 1? why is this so tough? at least for me it is..i was enjoying this game til then..i noticed even the maker of the game has had fits of frustration chasing the nodules down to one..am i missing something? is this pure chance? pure luck? some of the methodology that worked for me, to a certain point, was getting the nodules in a triangle shape...
so please let me know if anybody has a clue or what worked best, but from the thread topic i have noticed no sure fire way..but why oh why??
thx..rrd

Tabata

Frodo

Quote from: rrd13 on Thu 26/05/2011 00:13:57
hi folks..i am ready to scream..i have had several episodes where i got it down to 2 red nodules! but for the life of me..and my patience..i am ready to chuck this game..can anybody explain the methode to this madness..is there any rhyme or reason to get the nodule down to 1? why is this so tough? at least for me it is..i was enjoying this game til then..i noticed even the maker of the game has had fits of frustration chasing the nodules down to one..am i missing something? is this pure chance? pure luck? some of the methodology that worked for me, to a certain point, was getting the nodules in a triangle shape...
so please let me know if anybody has a clue or what worked best, but from the thread topic i have noticed no sure fire way..but why oh why??thanks..rrd

I had the same problem.  I just could NOT beat those red nodules, no matter how many times I tried.     :-\   I finally gave up, and haven't looked at it for a while.   :(   It's a shame, cos like you, I was really enjoying the game up until that point.  And Parts 1 & 2 were really good. 

Khris

I'm aware of how frustrating those puzzles can be, I was again able to solve it pretty quickly though.
The key is to move the red nodes towards the corners; if you manage to end up with the corner node and its two neighbors being red, a click on the corner node removes all three.

Here's a savegame immediately after the puzzle: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/995571/agssave.006
Just rename the extension to another number if you need and put it in ".../[My ]Documents/My Saved Games/Technobabylon 3/"

Note that:
Spoiler
  after clearing the red nodes there's a short scene in which a huge molecule appears and the bound guy communicates a short message about needing adrenaline. Then you automatically leave the trance. Saving isn't possible during this scene.
[close]

rrd13

hi folks..believe it or not i gave it one more try,after some encouraging words by Tabata, and got it down to 2 again..and then i got the nodules side by side and bang...i had accomplished it! i cannjot tell you how happy, and how loud i yelled...that is what makes us play these adventure games..made by devilish geniuses..so to all that helped and encouraged me thank you..and to the poor souls who are still languishing with this one puzzle please soldier on! the angst was long but the reward is so fine!

peace..rich

Tabata

@rrd13

Edit:
I now found a hoster where I can upload a savegame-file.  :)
So if you are using the games-version from 10th of April 2011, you should be able to put it into the savegame folder of TB3. It will give you the chance to solve this puzzle by one last click and watch the following cut-scene.  ;)          You can download it here - if I did it correct.  :o

rrd13

hi guys..hate to bother you, but i am in the motorized command drone room..can move the guy around ok, but i hate to say this..i forgot what i am so supposed to do in there! i can get to the green square..been to the red square..been to the elevator looking place or double doors...cannot back out there..and cannot see how to get directions for this place..
what can i say..i am over 50 and have gray hair...so somebody give me a clue of what to do!
thx again..rich

Tabata

Spoiler
You have to „code“ the whole way for the drone in oder to reach first to the green aerea, then downloading, then moving to the red aerea and at least press execute to start the run you coded.
[close]
This way you/the drone will reach the next room (if you did it correct) - good luck  ;D

btw. please don't change the subject (other users are searching for the original one) - Thx

SharpLight

How can I

Spoiler
remove the face of the food machine
[close]

Tabata

I am not sure, if I understand you the correct way
(sorry - I am not english),
but it seems to me, that you didn't ...
Spoiler
call for medical help
[close]
Hope, that will do  ::) - good luck!

SharpLight

Technocrat

Here's a link to the easier version - you only need six nodes for this one, for anyone having problems!

http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/technobabylon-part-iii-in-nuntius-veritas/files/technobabylon-3-1/download/4956/7543/

Mngwa

Hello, I really need hint, someone posted the same problem earlier too, but no one responded, everyone keeps talking about some kind of nodes or what. I am in the first room, and I cant make wetware. When I try anything that bald headed idiot comes and I have to stop. I am really beginning to feer urge to dump the game and never play anything similar again.  >:( >:( >:( I have

Cup with water wetware and food
Spoon with a piece of gum
papers
tokens
food
info about wetware

Mngwa

Quote from: Mngwa on Sun 28/08/2011 08:19:09
Hello, I really need hint, someone posted the same problem earlier too, but no one responded, everyone keeps talking about some kind of nodes or what. I am in the first room, and I cant make wetware. When I try anything that bald headed idiot comes and I have to stop. I am really beginning to feer urge to dump the game and never play anything similar again.  >:( >:( >:( I have

Cup with water wetware and food
Spoon with a piece of gum
papers
tokens
food
info about wetware

Oh sorry, there was actually reply, I just missed it, I am here for the first time, and the environment seems a bit chaotic to me.  ??? But I still think there should be a walkthrough, eh?

Tamanegi

Again, a great episode, and the plot thickens!

And as I understand it, TB4 is underway? :)
Don't Look! MAGS 12-2010
Mediocre Expectations Current development blog

Three-Headed Monkey

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but I'd appreciate your help, since I'm hopelessly stuck in this game for quite some time now and I'm under the impression I've tried everything there is to try (although obviously I haven't):

Spoiler
How do I unscrew the table? I've read something about a coin, but I already tried to use the food dispenser token on the table and all I get as a reaction is "It apparantly fell off the table once before" etc. etc. Is the "coin" something else than the "token"? If so, where and how do I get the "coin"?
[close]

Tamanegi

@Three-Headed Monkey:

Minor hint:
Spoiler
You overlooked something.
[close]
Better hint:
Spoiler
Take a close look at the table.
[close]
Good hint:
Spoiler
Look at EVERYTHING about the table...
[close]
Almost solving it:
Spoiler
...expecially its bottom.
[close]
Solution:
Spoiler
Undo the screws in the base with the token. Yes, it's a pixel hunt. :-(
[close]
Don't Look! MAGS 12-2010
Mediocre Expectations Current development blog

Three-Headed Monkey

Thanks, Tamanegi!

Spoiler
I had actually seen the bolts and tried to click on them but I guess my mouse cursor missed the exact spot for the "bolt" tag to appear. Now I managed to find it, unscrew the table and push it away, only to realize that I still have no clue how to remove the front of teh food dispensing machine, heh.
[close]

Someone should consider writing a walkthrough for this game. I managed to play through parts 1 and 2 without help last year (IIRC), but judging from my own experience and those of others in this thread, TB3 is a lot harder to solve ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk